Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Waters Back Side

I anticipate it to be Pay or standby / VQ

I also anticipate it to be $24 to start with. Robbing barstools.

For once I have to disagree with you.

24 dollars is a solid price. Even as a starting point as The VIP tour is 100 a head. My family of 5 can do Rise for 120 for that price. Which is why I find it hard to believe. I'll be curious how much it is on Christmas and New years week.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

sloth no GIF

dennis-in-ct

So you can have 2 paid FP a day and then unlimited what was like maxpass? Seems ok to me?
It would be ok if ALL the attractions were a available on Genie+ (Maxpass) but they are not.
The examples they gave are the popular E-tickets. So all the E-tickets are “pay to ride” or stand-by queue.
That’s not cool.

Waters Back Side

Also you don't 'have to' get up at 7am to make a purchase for a Lightning Lane Pass ride that requires a seperate purchase. That is the earliest YOU CAN do it. Guess what, if you want to buy a Rise of The Resistance Lightning Lane Pass, you can still do it ANY TIME AFTER 7. If you are in your hotel, sleep in, wake up, go to the park, make your purchase then. You will still be able to. This is not complicated people. You don't have to do anything.

View attachment 580812

And what happens at 9am when you wake up ready to buy FOP or Rise and they are sold out based on availability?

KrzyKtty

Also you don't 'have to' get up at 7am to make a purchase for a Lightning Lane Pass ride that requires a seperate purchase. That is the earliest YOU CAN do it. Guess what, if you want to buy a Rise of The Resistance Lightning Lane Pass, you can still do it ANY TIME AFTER 7. If you are in your hotel, sleep in, wake up, go to the park, make your purchase then. You will still be able to. This is not complicated people. You don't have to do anything.

View attachment 580812
Considering how quickly the virtual cues go I do not believe for a second that any lightning lane passes for rise of the resistance will be available after 7:05 a.m.. I really hope I'm wrong, but I would be floored if they do not go almost as quickly as the virtual passes.

erasure fan1

Wow Disney is really getting slammed on social media for this news. Even the official Disney Parks blog comments are pretty ugly. I hope they are seeing this.

I knew it was likely to be a bad reaction but I didn’t think it would be this bad. It’s overwhelmingly hate vs like.
I'm sure they are seeing it. And I'm sure they knew it was coming. Do they care? Absolutely not. They have had zero resistance on ANY price increase, since they started this whole lets see how high we can push things mentality. In their minds, charge more + take things away = big attendance boost. So why not just go pie in the sky big. I wouldn't be surprised if by next summer this costs twice as much.
Amazing how many people are ok soending 400 dollars on something that used to be free 🤣🤣
And this is why I say Disney just doesn't care about the "backlash" of this announcement. There will be more than enough guests to make up for the ones like myself that have reached their threshold. We're just the poor slobs who don't spend enough anyway. So if you don't like it, their attitude is. Don't let the turnstile hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The problem is and has always been though that if you go during the 7 or 8 real busy weeks like the summer time, Christmas/New Years, Thanksgiving etc, the choice of not purchasing Genie + or the choice of not paying for individual rides will require long waits. No matter what. Go on Christmas week or spring break and attempt not to purchase the Genie +. You will not be able to do a whole lot without waiting or paying.

People seem to forget this. Peak weeks are peak weeks for a reason..that's when most people are able to take a vacation. Like rush hour is when the most people are on the road. What you are saying is true for the end of August and September and February.

So yeah...as long as there is a high capacity and if its busy at WDW the only way you can make the best of your time is to pay $$$.
So what? If you wana go on the ride, get in line and shut up about it. If you feel the line is too long then do something else. You are an adult. You have your options. I am old school. I am used to a time where no one ever heard of fastpass. You just got in line and dealt with the wait and enjoyed the ride when it was your turn. Everyone wants to be held by the hand or made to feel special. You are not special. You are not more special than anyone else who paid no matter how much you paid for admission whether you be a AP or what not. Your ticket grants you a fair shot not a result. Again, your ticket grants you a chance to ride a ride not an outcome. You are not entitled to ride any ride. Whether it be shut down or you feel the line is too long, the fastpasses are gone. Boo hoo. You are at Disney. Plenty of other fun stuff to do.

Muffinpants

Just to be clear. To make sure you get what you want. Let's say rotr.
Wake up 7am try for boarding group. Fail since now less people can get it.
Purchase genie + to unlock the ability to buy the 2 top tier LL
Buy genie ++ try and book rotr and slinky
After purchase you notice only available time slots are after 5pm.
Go to the park use the regular LL and srandby
your plans to hop at 2 now changed , gotta wait for your premium LL time. Since if you don't you wasted $$.

Now if you had hoppers already you wasted alot of money. Since you won't be hopping. Who knows how long the LL will take for such rides.

I really really hope they show available time slots befor you purchase. If not this is just a nightmare. And kinda stressing me out since I like to plan.

Kevin_W

Good. The NY Times story appears negative too. Bob Iger will not like that one bit. Sadly, they are too far invested and committed into this and $$-per-visitor prevails over guest satisfaction, so buckle up.

I'm genuinely curious what the long term plan is for them. To make Wall Street happy, they have been trying (and largely succeeding) to increase guest spend per visitor at a rate 3-5 times higher than inflation. That's not sustainable infinitely, so I'm curious where they see that ending (aside from not worrying about it because they will be retired and wealthy off stock options).

matt9112

So what? If you wana go on the ride, get in line and shut up about it. If you feel the line is too long then do something else. You are an adult. You have your options. I am old school. I am used to a time where no one ever heard of fastpass. You just got in line and dealt with the wait and enjoyed the ride when it was your turn. Everyone wants to be held by the hand or made to feel special. You are not special. You are not more special than anyone else who paid no matter how much you paid for admission whether you be a AP or what not. Your ticket grants you a fair shot not a result. Again, your ticket grants you a chance to ride a ride not an outcome. You are not entitled to ride any ride. Whether it be shut down or you feel the line is too long, the fastpasses are gone. Boo hoo. You are at Disney. Plenty of other fun stuff to do.

And i thought i was cynical this was probably the most scrooge like thing i have read in the entire forum. At no other point have i felt somebody sounded so erroneous than you just did now. To somehow consider the reason for visiting a theme park not neccessary. It is bewildering and quiet problematic. The difference between a ride not being available due to mechanical issues and a ride not being available because your too much of a peasant are so starkly and so grand it could be seen from the edge of space.

KrzyKtty

Just to be clear. To make sure you get what you want. Let's say rotr.
Wake up 7am try for boarding group. Fail since now less people can get it.
Purchase genie + to unlock the ability to buy the 2 top tier LL
Buy genie ++ try and book rotr and slinky
After purchase you notice only available time slots are after 5pm.
Go to the park use the regular LL and srandby
your plans to hop at 2 now changed , gotta wait for your premium LL time. Since if you don't you wasted $$.

Now if you had hoppers already you wasted alot of money. Since you won't be hopping. Who knows how long the LL will take for such rides.

I really really hope they show available time slots befor you purchase. If not this is just a nightmare. And kinda stressing me out since I like to plan.
I do not believe you have to buy genie+ to buy the lightning lane passes for the two tier one rides you get to buy a day. It is a separate purchase. You do not need to have one for the other.

Waters Back Side

Fair to feel this way. A lot of people have tolerant levels though. And many vacation with young ones. I'm just stating what the push back will be for msny people. You are not wrong about what you said.

Muffinpants

I do not believe you have to buy genie+ to buy the lightning lane passes for the two tier one rides you get to buy a day. It is a separate purchase. You do not need to have one for the other.

Do I have to buy Genie+ before I can make an Individual Attraction Purchase?​

No. Individual Attraction purchases can be made via Disney Genie without needing the Genie+ add-on.

You are correct. But the times being hidden possibility scares me still.

Waters Back Side

It wont. That is why this pay option exists. If it does, do something else.
Then in this case there is no advantage at all for resort guests who have the option of booking those rides before the park opens at 7am to the general public as they stated. It also depends on the price. Many will just fork put the cash for those 2 rides if the price is not through the roof.

Muffinpants

Then in this case there is no advantage at all for resort guests who have the option of booking those rides before the park opens at 7am to the general public as they stated. It also depends on the price. Many will just fork put the cash for those 2 rides if the price is not through the roof.
Rotr will sell out before park opening 100%. I think only resort guests will have a chance at the upcharged rotr. Unless they magically increased the capacity somehow by alot. Not all boarding groups were getting done.. now there gonna prolly cut out the 1pm options and use that as the payed slots.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Your advantage is being already on Disney property and close to parks. You are paying for a room. Disney owes you nothing more

Waters Back Side

Also, I assume this is true but I have not seen anyone confirm it..Genie + is a day by day purchase correct? In other words if you have 5 days of park tickets but only want to buy genie + for 15 dollars for 2 of those 5 days you can. Is this accurate? It's not line a dining plan or park hopper where you purchase it for the entire length of trip?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom