Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

jpinkc

Seems like we need to Hammer Facebook, some more. Just reading elsewhere that some of the Social Media outrage is actually being noticed. I know I am dreaming that it will make a difference but all we have left is hope or bending over for Slappie and just taking it.

JusticeDisney

You used that “add” again…which diminishes the point you’re making.

this whole discussion is about why rides are now being charged again…that is about capacity and is the management making a good faith attempt to provide solutions? Or monetizing their own mistakes?
You are previously saying something about semantics? LOL!

jpinkc

Please note, I didn't say you were an idiot and I'm not saying you are one now.

I'm saying you're making yourself look like one because you jumped into a discussion you clearly weren't on top of and didn't understand, accused others of having reading comprehension problems because they were pointing out how your rebuttal to that discussion made no sense...

🙄

I'm just putting you on ignore - have fun.
I did that 3 pages ago, Now back to trying to figure out how to undue this travesty of greed they are shoving at us.

To be clear: I’m taking a guess.

the things they’ve added have not been great hourly throughput rides…

some are awful…dinky, Navi and alien swirling nonsense…

I think FOP is the “heavy hitter”…and Pirates and mansion still laugh at it/steal its lunch money

midway Mania was also decent - after the expansion…but that young lad is going on 13 years old.
I have been annoyed by the newer, shorter rides. In this round of development, we never would have seen a near 10 minute splash mountain.

And since Energy Adventure left Epcot, I have no place to take a legitimate nap in the AC after coca colas in Germany or England.

bjlc57

i am only committed to ONE MORE DISNEY TRIP..that I have been promising for over 5 years.. for the grandchildren.. after that.. DISNEY.. you can STUFF IT.. and I have been coming since the place opened.. why go back to A B and E TICKETS... because you are paying for each flipp'n ride..

JusticeDisney

and this is the post you were responding to:

The fact that they suddenly started building, that most of it is only replacing existing stuff and that everyone you've responded to has clearly mentioned or responded to posts discussion CAPACITY at least once in this thread...

You know what - just have at it.

This isn't worth it.
The absolute best part of the post that you just made is, you didn’t even cite to the original post to which I was responding. I mean, you’re either way too tired right now, or just dishonest. Wow! LMAO!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Serious question. Are you really laughing your *** off or are you just a complete douchebag?
…wow…that even made me blush…

1629347567365.gif

ImperfectPixie

You are previously saying something about semantics? LOL!
It's not arguing semantics. Disney has a capacity issue - which they've spent billions to avoid fixing by developing line management systems that shuffle people around in the parks. And they've figured out how to get us to pay to help them continue to avoid fixing that capacity issue with yet another guest-shuffling system.

JusticeDisney

It's not arguing semantics. Disney has a capacity issue - which they've spent billions to avoid fixing by developing line management systems that shuffle people around in the parks. And they've figured out how to get us to pay to help them continue to avoid fixing that capacity issue with yet another guest-shuffling system.
I agree with all of that. And I never said anything to the contrary.

celluloid

Tokyo Disney

All while closing or shuttering more attractions/venue space over the last ten years.

Ldno

Seems like we need to Hammer Facebook, some more. Just reading elsewhere that some of the Social Media outrage is actually being noticed. I know I am dreaming that it will make a difference but all we have left is hope or bending over for Slappie and just taking it.
The official Disney YouTube’s dislike to like ratio for the first time on both videos is massive, not to mention for the first time in my life that I see people voicing negative concerns on it, I was shocked to be honest, especially on the official Disney parks video channel

JusticeDisney

Bro we get it you technically are right they added some new rides. Most of us understand that the what really matters is that the new rides disney adds are true expansions and high capacity and that their underinvestment for such a long time has snowballed into a huge problem. Chill.

Or better yet can we at least temp ban this guy. Seriously they are adding nothing to the convo and just fighting with everyone.
Take a look back through this thread and tell me two things.

1) show me one instance where I did anything other than respond to what someone else first said to me
2) show me where I even once disputed what anyone here as said regarding capacity issues

Or, if you don’t want to do those things, you can just keep whining and crying for someone to be banned.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes I think the pay-per-ride component is lacking a name, which is causing confusion.

For a company that prides itself in branding, it’s stunning just how confusing this is.

Lighting Lane is just the term for the physical lane guests will use, replacing the “Fastpass Line.”

Genie+ is the new FP+/MaxPass service.

The e-ticket Pay Per Ride service is apparently unbranded and unnamed, which is a baffling decision.

Why not make Genie the app, Lightning Lane the name of the physical line and add-on service within the app and create something for the top tier like Lightning Lane Ultimate? Seems like this would alleviate a lot of confusion.

Here is the terminology Disney uses:

Genie -- the AI/Wizard app that helps plan your day.

Lightning Lane -- the skip-the-line queue formerly called 'fastpass.' Obviously acronymed as 'LL.'

Genie+ -- the pay-per-day ($15) service that allows you to schedule a Lightning Lane, one at a time, throughout the day, as you chose a next available time slot for a ride. So, with G+, you're buying all-day one-at-a-time LLs (FP+s).
  • It might be better to call Genie+ 'Genie$' or 'Genie+$' to indicate this is a for-fee service.
  • The actual LLs that can be scheduled with Genie$ can be called simply 'LL' or 'Genie+LL'.

'Lightning Lane Select Experience" -- the pay-per-use of a Lightning Lane for a limited selection of rides. Can only purchase two per day. I call it Lighting Lane $elect, or LL$. Since you don't need Genie+ to buy these, best to leave "Genie" out of its nomenclature.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
no, 2 pay per rides can be prebooked. genie is one ride at a time all day long.
Sorry for being pedantic, but it's "Genie+" that is one LL at a time all day long.

"Genie" without the plus is just the AI/Wizard app that plans your day as a touring guide.

For completion's sake, the 2 pay-for LLs are called "Lightning Lane Select Experience."

Missing20K

Here is the terminology Disney uses:

Genie -- the AI/Wizard app that helps plan your day.

Lightning Lane -- the skip-the-line queue formerly called 'fastpass.' Obviously acronymed as 'LL.'

Genie+ -- the pay-per-day ($15) service that allows you to schedule a Lightning Lane, one at a time, throughout the day, as you chose a next available time slot for a ride. So, with G+, you're buying all-day one-at-a-time LLs (FP+s).
  • It might be better to call Genie+ 'Genie$' or 'Genie+$' to indicate this is a for-fee service.
  • The actual LLs that can be scheduled with Genie$ can be called simply 'LL' or 'Genie+LL'.

'Lightning Lane Select Experience" -- the pay-per-use of a Lightning Lane for a limited selection of rides. Can only purchase two per day. I call it Lighting Lane $elect, or LL$. Since you don't need Genie+ to buy these, best to leave "Genie" out of its nomenclature.
The $elect LL vs BG is gonna be interesting. How do they estimate the correct # of BG at 7 am without having some idea of the # of LL$ passes that will be sold. If they come up short, do they issue more BG later in the day? Or open the Standby/Standby return to “normies”?

Or I very well could be missing a piece of the puzzle cuz the whole blasted thing is so laboriously convoluted.

CaptinEO

Honestly here's the main thing with this system:

1) If only a small percentage of people use it, standby should be nicer than how it was in the free fastpass days. Less disruption to standby and it should be mostly pleasant.

2) If a large number of people use this, then it becomes the standard and will practically be a necessity to get anything done.

CaptinEO

Vote with your wallet or email Disney or their employees directly, best way to get your voice heard.

lazyboy97o

The $elect LL vs BG is gonna be interesting. How do they estimate the correct # of BG at 7 am without having some idea of the # of LL$ passes that will be sold. If they come up short, do they issue more BG later in the day? Or open the Standby/Standby return to “normies”?

Or I very well could be missing a piece of the puzzle cuz the whole blasted thing is so laboriously convoluted.
Rise of the Resistance already has late Boarding Groups that are a maybe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom