Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

SarahWI

My big question is “With all the stuff that was incomplete in today’s news, why did we have to hear it today?” Like, is something worse coming and this is the distraction?
I agree - weeks ago insiders were talking about how much integration genie required and that was why IT was having issues: not communicating correctly with ticketing, the hotel side, etc. It doesn’t feel like what was released today has a high level of integration with those other modules. I feel like I lost track of a big piece of the puzzle.

KrzyKtty

This is what Touring Plans is projecting to be Tier 1 (i.e. pay to play):

Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

EPCOT: Test Track and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure

Hollywood Studios: Rise of the Resistance and Slinky Dog Dash

Animal Kingdom: Flight of Passage and Kilimanjaro Safaris
For Magic Kingdom I would guess that's only until Tron comes out, unless they're leaving Tron out of the new fastpass system entirely... ??

jpinkc

Some observations from the 14 minute video:

Lightning Lane Include with Genie+
  • Astro Orbiter
  • The Barnstormer
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • It’s a small world
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Mad Tea Party
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
Lightning Lane Not Included with Genie+
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Space Mountain
Removed

• Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Not sure on anything alphabetically after Space, so Splash Mountain wasn't pictured nor was Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid. I also believe Astro Orbiter would be a new addition to the "not-Fastpass" group.
Now I see many things missing off that list. Is there going to be a 3RD TIER sprung on us???

seabreezept813

BaconPancakes

I agree - weeks ago insiders were talking about how much integration genie required and that was why IT was having issues: not communicating correctly with ticketing, the hotel side, etc. It doesn’t feel like what was released today has a high level of integration with those other modules. I feel like I lost track of a big piece of the puzzle.
The fact that they still require you to call in to book special events like Boo Bash to wait over two hours on hold should tell you all you need to know and Disney’s IT capability. This new app will be a disaster tech wise.

brb1006

R.I.P to this guy

E9Gl7DsWUA0Food

Dinardo

I’ll need to pay for a park hopper to hop to a park after 2pm in order for me to pay more to ride a few rides that used to be included in park admission (after I used my first three fast passes)

Done.

There is so much more to explore in the USA than some oven in Central FL - and it probably costs less.

Or maybe I allocate my money to a week at Universal now.

SarahWI

The fact that they still require you to call in to book special events like Boo Bash to wait over two hours on hold should tell you all you need to know and Disney’s IT capability. This new app will be a disaster tech wise.
I waited 4 hours on hold the day on site booking was released. It was a nightmare and yet I felt lucky I got tickets and it was only 4 hours. Agreed on IT issues.

Casper Gutman

I just called Disney and has a discussion on this.
I was told that charging for line skipping service is an industry standard. So.. There it is.
And as we all know, WDW is an industry follower, not a leader.

You know, if I were Chapek, I would’ve wanted to get one or two high profile attractions or shows planned and under construction before the massive price increases to try not to equate myself entirely with naked greed. But at least between this, the “not-a-parties,” and the SW hotel, the theme of Chapeks reign is crystal clear. Over was the IP acquisition guy. Chapek is the price gouge guy.

Well, at least when he’s raising park prices, he isn’t alienating the stars of the most profitable entertainment franchise in history by picking ham-fisted fights. So that’s a plus.

KrzyKtty

We have to see it work. I’m excited to compete against it.
Honestly I'm still going to use touring plans anyway. I trust touring plans to be honest with the itineraries they help me build. I don't trust that Disney's truly going to build my itinerary in a way that benefits my time the best. They'll build it in a way that benefits their bottom line and their pockets.

Last edited:

brb1006

He did a Facebook live that just ended. I couldn’t resist going to see what he could come up with. He kept saying “why are people mad, it doesn’t change anything, I don’t get it.” He doesn’t get it and never will.

I commented to him that I’ll stick with Len Testa and Touring plans bc there is a way to have a business and make money while still caring about people, while trying to help ppl with their vacation, and while being able to tell the truth instead of Chapek’s talking points.
Lou Mongello needs to stop snorting so much pixie dust!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom