Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

DisneyDodo

The value of Genie+ will ultimately come down to one main factor: how much capacity Disney allots for LL. For two main reasons:
1. This will determine how many LL passes Genie+ guests can realistically reserve during the day
2. This will severely impact the efficiency of the standby lines

Jabbas

Going to be awesome standing around looking at my phone trying to schedule rides while I lug two toddlers around. Also, I’m not understanding the changes for the DAS pass. Are they only allowing two rides per day using the DAS system?

RSoxNo1

Anyone else think they are gonna artificially make lines longer. So the waits are longer thus making it seem like it's needed .. /raiseshand
What do you mean "going to"? It was my observation that posted wait times with the exception of new headliners were about 50-75% of what was posted.

RSoxNo1

Waters Back Side

This is what Touring Plans is projecting to be Tier 1 (i.e. pay to play):

Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

EPCOT: Test Track and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure

Hollywood Studios: Rise of the Resistance and Slinky Dog Dash

Animal Kingdom: Flight of Passage and Kilimanjaro Safaris
I might be crazy, but being that they moved a few former headliners to the genie plus lightning pass side like Soarin. Navi River and Smugglers/MMRW, you could end up strategically doing several rides that were previous headliners in the same day fornless then an upsell special event would cost.

MrPromey

The value of Genie+ will ultimately come down to one main factor: how much capacity Disney allots for LL. For two main reasons:
1. This will determine how many LL passes Genie+ guests can realistically reserve during the day
2. This will severely impact the efficiency of the standby lines

And the problem here is, you can't please people in both #1 and #2 at the same time... so who do you think they care less about making happy?

RSoxNo1

The one thing I always liked about FP+ was that I knew going in I at least had 3 rides confirmed. Was often able to switch around, and if you knew the sweet spot times when availabilities opened up during the day, you could often change things up on the fly (did that often withs Flights of Passage). Hate getting up early, and after spending every work day buried on the computer or endless conference/Zoom calls I now have to start every day playing the app run around trying to get Genie+ rides; nice job of dragging stress into my vacation no thank you.
There were many people in your camp, but it was a divisive offering. There were also many people that HATED pre-booking Fastpasses. Count me amongst the latter. I took full advantage of Fastpass+, but I didn't like it.

Waters Back Side

And genie plus I guess we can buy some days and not others? I ask because our day we depart for home, we have 4 or 5 hours to kill before heading to the airport. Instrad of wasting 15 on each member of my family for that one day I could either buy a non genie headliner for $24 or just do other other things

RSoxNo1

For a company that prides itself in branding, it’s stunning just how confusing this is.

Lighting Lane is just the term for the physical lane guests will use, replacing the “Fastpass Line.”

Genie+ is the new FP+/MaxPass service.

The e-ticket Pay Per Ride service is apparently unbranded and unnamed, which is a baffling decision.

Why not make Genie the app, Lightning Lane the name of the physical line and add-on service within the app and create something for the top tier like Lightning Lane Ultimate? Seems like this would alleviate a lot of confusion.
Just like My Disney Experience, Next Gen, Fastpass+ and My Magic+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom