Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

brettf22

Premium Member
So does this mean for 15 dollars I can get MMRR and Smugglers Run as well as Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster and Midway Mania? Those are not listed as separate and considered part of genie plus?

You realize this means for 15 dollars I get the two tier 2s and 2 that were previously hediner tier 1s. If that's the csse. Too me that's as good as free.
Two things:
- That’s assuming you can get Lightning Lane Passes for all four of those, which might not happen due to availability
- You used to be able to get the same thing, free of charge.

RSoxNo1

Disney is not going to limit DAS users to 2 uses a day -- That defeats the purpose of DAS in the first place! They will still be able to get return times besides their advance bookings.
Please keep in mind that DAS Advance selections must be booked at least 2 days prior to the day you plan to redeem them, and you will not be able to make selections on the day of your visit.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So does this mean for 15 dollars I can get MMRR and Smugglers Run as well as Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster and Midway Mania? Those are not listed as separate and considered part of genie plus?

You realize this means for 15 dollars I get the two tier 2s and 2 that were previously hediner tier 1s. If that's the csse.
Possibly, but not guaranteed. This is my best guess on how it may work. If it works similar to classic FP and maxpass its still based on availablilty with a return window and you can only reserve one ride at a time. So let’s say you get Smugglers Run for 9am return from your room at 7am and then at 8:30 (90 mins later) you book MMMR but the next time available is 3PM. At 9 you go to Smugglers Run and ride and then at 10am (90 mins after your last reservation) you can book again. You get ToT for 7PM. At that point you need to wait until 11:30am to be able to book again. Maybe RnRC is still available for 8PM. So now you have reservations for MMRR at 3, ToT at 7 and RnRC at 8. When you go on at 1PM all available rides are sold out. That would be pretty similar to an old school FP day with moderate crowds.

If it’s not busy the return times could be much sooner or even current. Then you keep booking each time you ride and never wait the 90mins. In that case you may do all of those rides and some more than once. The good part of the system is it’s online like maxpass was so you can be in the standby line for Slinky while you reserve other rides instead of needing to pull a ticket from the machine.

UNCgolf

I’m still trying to figure this out, but the major downside for me is having to get up at 7 am to get the times I want.

I said the same thing somewhere above. The 7 AM start time is really absurd; not everyone wants to get up at 7 AM on vacation -- especially when the parks often aren't even open for another couple of hours.

However, the fact that you can only get one pass at a time should mitigate this to an extent.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm ... :) (technically, a lady never reveals her age and a gentleman shouldn't ask)

And it's already been established by my elders on this board that I'm not a "real" fan because I don't get as angry as you all do.
And I don't care. I'm here for information, not approval.:D
That’s a misconception of the “elders”…they’re not all the same.

i just can’t fathom the “take my money!” Approach. even if it’s the only way to exist day to day in the Ohio winter (or wherever)…you not protecting yourself as the consumer
Except I have a 7 day stay coming up totaling $6.7k. I'll probably rebook my hotel, go a day or 2 less, spend probably 4k on the hotel and tickets and then another few hundred on the fastpass stuff. So probably costing them $2500 or so from me because of a lack of perks for resort guests.
They don’t care…they’re still getting what they want out of you.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sad to see magic bands probably dying off, people looking at their phones all day, and paying more to get on a ride earlier. Then rides like ROTR, which are already hard to get on, other people can just pay to get on? lol
Magic bands are still going to be used along with your own devices. Especially given they are a huge money maker.

EPCOT-O.G.

That will only deter a few random people here and there. The abuse I witnessed last week was insane. Just imagine how much worse it will be once they start charging. Everyone and their dog is going to claim they are disabled.
There is a very high profile vlogger who has been in the Parks countless times over the last few months without a mask that was just outed as not having been vaccinated. If he's suddenly no longer allowed in the Parks I'll believe there's some teeth to this "new" strict DAS abuse policy. But until then, it's all smoke and virtually impossible to prove fraud.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Please keep in mind that DAS Advance selections must be booked at least 2 days prior to the day you plan to redeem them, and you will not be able to make selections on the day of your visit.

'DAS Advance selections' are what are bound by 'you will not be able to make selections on the day of your visit' -- NOT DAS usage period.

Disney can't limit DAS usage to two uses - it negates the very purpose of having in the first place. You think Disney can tell austim crowd "ok, you can come to Disneyland, but only do two rides everything else you have to wait in line with everyone else". Use your head man.

BaconPancakes

There is a very high profile vlogger who has been in the Parks countless times over the last few months without a mask that was just outed as not having been vaccinated. If he's suddenly no longer allowed in the Parks I'll believe there's some teeth to this "new" strict DAS abuse policy. But until then, it's all smoke and virtually impossible to prove fraud.
MK is trash. He apparently doesn’t care that he violated Disney’s policy and anyone who criticizes him is a “hater”. On a petty note he’s like 31 and looks like my 60 year old father…

Basil of Baker Street

I always wondered why Disney built such a low capacity ride like RotR. With conformation of LL, its all starting to make sense.. I believe this has been it works for a long long time.

RSoxNo1

'DAS Advance selections' are what are bound by 'you will not be able to make selections on the day of your visit' -- NOT DAS usage period.

Disney can't limit DAS usage to two uses - it negates the very purpose of having in the first place. You think Disney can tell austim crowd "ok, you can come to Disneyland, but only do two rides everything else you have to wait in line with everyone else". Use your head man.
I'm inclined to agree with you, but this is remarkably unclear on their FAQ sheet.

ctrlaltdel

The problem is they didn’t have the capacity before…If paying the $15 becomes standard…we’re paying to get back where we started
True, though I think it having a cost will ensure it doesn’t get anywhere close to the take rates of FP+ (which I assume we’re near universal for obvious reasons). Even in a scenario where Genie gets to say, 80% to FP+ 95% you would see a decent difference.

BaconPancakes

They sadly think an idle threat of being permanently banned and making people do video calls will deter the abuse. Spoiler Alert, it won’t…

Patcheslee

Possibly, but not guaranteed. This is my best guess on how it may work. If it works similar to classic FP and maxpass its still based on availablilty with a return window and you can only reserve one ride at a time. So let’s say you get Smugglers Run for 9am return from your room at 7am and then at 8:30 (90 mins later) you book MMMR but the next time available is 3PM. At 9 you go to Smugglers Run and ride and then at 10am (90 mins after your last reservation) you can book again. You get ToT for 7PM. At that point you need to wait until 11:30am to be able to book again. Maybe RnRC is still available for 8PM. So now you have reservations for MMRR at 3, ToT at 7 and RnRC at 8. When you go on at 1PM all available rides are sold out. That would be pretty similar to an old school FP day with moderate crowds.

If it’s not busy the return times could be much sooner or even current. Then you keep booking each time you ride and never wait the 90mins. In that case you may do all of those rides and some more than once. The good part of the system is it’s online like maxpass was so you can be in the standby line for Slinky while you reserve other rides instead of needing to pull a ticket from the machine.
How well did lines flow at DL with max pass once return times ran out? I haven't experienced DL, but the way you describe makes me think people are more likely to stay later because they're waiting on their return time vs "did what we wanted, so let's go hang at the pool".

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Magic bands are still going to be used along with your own devices. Especially given they are a huge money maker.
I was thinking the reason to dump magic bands is that they are not Microtransaction friendly?

if it’s smartphone based…you buy, you supply the hardware and the “labor”…as it were

brettf22

Premium Member

This is assuming they keep the “one and 1/2 hours between passes rule” that MaxPass had. We need more clarification. Right now, since it doesn’t say anything about it, I’m going on the assumption that you can only hold one Lightning Lane pass at a time, regardless of time between passes. I hope I’m wrong and they follow MaxPass time rules. Otherwise you’ll have to make some tough choices between getting a late in the day pass for a coveted ride, or getting multiple passes for lower demand rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom