Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Walt d

For even more convenience and flexibility, there are two other options for enjoying our theme parks, through a queue we are introducing called the Lightning Lane entrance that also saves you time in line:

• Disney Genie+ service (available for purchase): For the price of $15 per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort and $20 per ticket per day at Disneyland Resort, choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day – from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). This convenient option is the next evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories – augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World Resort and unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads from your day if you are visiting Disneyland Resort.
  • Individual attraction selections (available for purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance – like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure park (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park and will be announced closer to launch.
When are they changing the fee to$50.95

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
So if you're onsite with park hopper and add Genie+ for the day, at 7:00 AM you can pay for 2 scheduled Lightning Lanes for headliners across any park + make your first Lightning Lane for a non-headliner. After you use that, you can make additional non-headliner Lightning Lanes based on availability.

I don't hate this. But I'm a rope-dropper with only one child and a wife who doesn't ride rides, so it's "only" going to cost me $30/day extra. But at least it isn't a pay-per-ride for all rides.

Do we know when they are dropping the list of Tier 1 and Tier 2 attractions?

flynnibus

Premium Member
This will be hugely popular with single day guests. I would avoid Magic Kingdom on Saturdays for the foreseeable future.

Before pandemic... EVERY guest had 3 FPs up front ... then 1 at a time
Now... majority of guests will have 0 FPs up front and 1 at a time
And some guests will have 2 extra FPs.

Given these numbers there should be LESS Lightning Passes used then FP+ was used.

Ponderer

There is no way to describe this as savings…it’s the lines from 1998 with more people OR paying daily or by the minute fees to operate the clunky fastpass+ system using the maxpass interface.

please don’t do this.

What am I doing? I’m literally just figuring out if you need to buy PhotoPass if you do this. Good grief. Not everything is an agenda.

Waters Back Side

It's the old FP system except digital -- aka maxpass. You get one FP at a time... just like the old days.

The net is you get less FP to use, and you get to pay for that privilege :)

Yeah but for extra cost of 15 dollars you can select multiple non headliners at once. Mansion ,pirates, peter pan, etc etc at certain times no? So you do 0ne ride at a time but have a spot later for other rides and with a minimal wait. It's how I take it at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom