Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

UNCgolf

Slight update:

So, on-site will still be able to grab two tier 1 passes and get in the park early to ride two tier 1 rides, but won't be able to grab a tier 2 until the are in the park. Still a pretty big perk.

That just means they have the right to pay to buy two tier 1 passes, though, not that they get them for free.

I'm also not convinced that people will be able to ride two rides in the 30 minute window, especially with this new system -- it's going to push a lot more people to use it than did in the past.

tallica

Okay, that makes sense. If you don’t mind, just a couple more questions.

1) When can you make your selections? Days in advance? Only on the day of? If on the day of, at what time?
2) Can you make as many selections as you want all at once, or do you have to ride a selected attraction before you can make your next selection?
3) Do Disney resort guests get any advantages with this service over non-resort guests?

Thanks so much for helping me out!
Read the posted news release.

Lil Copter Cap

I just want ride upkeep and maintenance with all the continual upcharging. There's no way I'm paying for a ride that is covered in dust with rickety track that's 20 years overdue for a refurbishment.

Happy to pay for an experience such as RoTR because I truly think of it as a show & immersive experience (And yes, new).

Woof. Here to see the fall out of the implementation.

CJR

They might announce some more terms later, but one thing about FP was that if you booked something further out in the day, you could get another time for something else in addition to that FP a few hours later. For example, if it's noon and a ride you want is offered a time at 6:30pm, you'd be able to get another FP around 2-3pm to something else the could possibly be before 6:30pm, depending on the popularity of what you wanted.

With this, unless I'm reading it wrong, you might have to wait until after 6:30pm, if you book that time, regardless of how early it is when you reserve.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

JusticeDisney

1. Genie+ is on the day from 7am for all guests for the first one.
2. It’s one at a time. Once you ride one, then you book the next one.
3. They back tracked. Onsite guests can pay for TWO Lightning Passes @7am, everyone else has to wait until they get into the parks.
So for the “tier 1” rides that you have to pay extra for, you can book them both right at 7am? But for the ”tier 2” rides that you get for the $15, you have to book those one at a time as you ride them? I guess I got lost when you said it’s one at a time but on-site guests can pay for two at 7am.

I’m sorry that I’m still confused. I really do appreciate you taking the time to explain things though.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
81B7A324-3030-4435-98AE-0B0CC906C80D.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

So for the “tier 1” rides that you have to pay extra for, you can book them both right at 7am? But for the ”tier 2” rides that you get for the $15, you have to book those one at a time as you ride them? I guess I got lost when you said it’s one at a time but on-site guests can pay for two at 7am.

I’m sorry that I’m still confused. I really do appreciate you taking the time to explain things though.
Genie+ is paid FastPass, which you book one at a time.

Lightning Lane is a la carte FastPass, which you can book two of.

fgmnt

I feel terrible for all of the families where Jane and Joe Everyman get upsold on their once in a lifetime trip to shell out their average daily ticket cost again to experience the park as it should be (a place where the capacity problem has not been dire for the better part of 20 years).

If you're a pass holder, local, DVCer, lifer, etc., and you buy into this? I have zero remorse.

sullyinMT

Also, is Remy going to Virtual as rumored? Or a headliner for purchase?
If I read Gustin’s tweet posted in here earlier, it’ll be both. The Stanby line will fill like Rise currently, then they’ll sell Lightning for the remainder (Rise will switch to this system, as well). I wonder what the ratio will be for added profitability.

TrainsOfDisney

There would have to be a standby line and people willing to wait in it, or there'd be nothing to skip over. A "included with the ticket option" will still exist, but it'll come at the expense of time.
Not necessarily. It sounds like Rise will either be get a boarding group via lottery or pay up! $$$

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom