Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Waters Back Side

Your persistence is creditable. 😉

So far there is nothing that says onsite guests get any free. Your benefit is you can schedule your first Genie+ and your Lightning Passes @7am.

Everyone else has to wait until they’re in the park.
If I was willing to open my wallet does that mean at 7am as a resort guest I have more of a chance of riding FOP based in availability?

Missing20K

I think they said the rides on Lightning Lane will vary by day. So Space Mountain could be a Lightning Lane ride on busy Saturday, but on regular Genie+ on a dead Wednesday.

If I'm wrong on that let me know.
That’s how I’m taking it.

SM, July 5, 75 min wait….$20/pp
SM, January 24, 15 min wait….Genie

RotR, July 5, 110 min wait….$50/pp
RotR, January 24, 60 min wait….$15/pp Genie+

Just raise the prices until people stop buying them at a rate higher than was calculated for the system to “work”

Waters Back Side

So onsite folks will be able to get up at 7, get their first pass included with the $15/day Genie+, then purchase two of the highest demand rides, then get in the park at rope drop, and ride possibly two of the highest demand rides ... all before offsite folks can get in and get any Genie passes. Then those folks who dtay in Deluxe can stay late (without any Lightning Passes needed?). Sounds like a pretty big perk for onsite folks who like to get up early and stay late.
Could I book this at 7am day of and go back to bed? It canbdintone from resort?

EPCOT-O.G.

Notable Rise of the Resistance point from the D23 interview with Josh:

Think about Rise of the Resistance. It’s a highly demanded attraction. Guests show up in the morning and they try to get into the virtual queue. We get as many people on there as we can, but inevitably someone is disappointed. Now there’s another option on top of the virtual queue so if Rise of the Resistance is the reason you’re at Disneyland or Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there will be an option for you to purchase Rise of the Resistance. So again: flexibility, optionality, better guest experience overall.
If you thought it was tough to get a BG for ROTR before, wait until further access is monetized.

Indy_UK

Notable Rise of the Resistance point from the D23 interview with Josh:

Think about Rise of the Resistance. It’s a highly demanded attraction. Guests show up in the morning and they try to get into the virtual queue. We get as many people on there as we can, but inevitably someone is disappointed. Now there’s another option on top of the virtual queue so if Rise of the Resistance is the reason you’re at Disneyland or Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there will be an option for you to purchase Rise of the Resistance. So again: flexibility, optionality, better guest experience overall.

You know what, I think I would just pay the $15 a day for teir 2 rides and a one off charge for ROTR to avoid doing a boarding pass.

Other big attractions I will wait in line for

Chip Chipperson

So the $15 per ticket per day option is only "Tier 2" rides? Does that mean everything at MK is included since they never had ride tiers or are they retroactively declaring certain rides like 7DMT "Tier 1" rides now?

Also, how will that work with AP? Is it just factored into the price of the AP or is it an optional add-on each day that you have to go in and add with each visit? Sorry if these have been asked and answered already - I'm wrapping up a busy end to my work day and was already 8 pages behind when I saw the news.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
FastPass was not a perk. When everyone gets it, it's not a perk.

It was available to everyone, but not everyone used it (I’m guessing that number was small but nevertheless…). I’m guessing the number that don’t pay for this could be slightly larger. But, I see your point.

It’s ok to call this what it is - Paid FastPasses. Which so many swore would never happen.

sup

Although this is a paid system, how profitable will it actually be? If a family has to pay upwards of $400 for a week, will other expenses be sacrificed; such as a cheaper hotel, a souvenir budget, or less sit down reservations?
Exactly what we will be doing. Cancelled 2 dining reservations today to opt for more $$$ for fastpass. Probably cut way back on disney merchandise too. They gotta take more we gotta give up more.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
That’s how I’m taking it.

SM, July 5, 75 min wait….$20/pp
SM, January 24, 15 min wait….Genie

RotR, July 5, 110 min wait….$50/pp
RotR, January 24, 60 min wait….$15/pp Genie+

Just raise the prices until people stop buying them at a rate higher than was calculated for the system to “work”
If you think boarding groups were a source of negative guest feedback. This would take it much higher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom