Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

TQQQ

Friends will be in orlando for basketball tourney 12/27-1/1.......I'm the go to Disney expert and they've never been.........Asked what they should do if wanted to go to parks for 2 days and i set them up 1 night in Hard rock Universal.........2 free days express pass for staying 1 night in Hard Rock is a MASSIVE perk compared to Disney and during that week the express pass is worth its weight in gold............Genie blows and it cost Disney that customer as they are booked for Universal

Last edited:

Purduevian

Friends will be in orlando for basketball tourney 12/27-1/1.......I'm the go to Disney expert and they've never been.........Asked what they should do if wanted to go to parks for 2 days and i set them up 1 night in Hard rock Universal.........2 free days express pass for staying 1 night in Hard Rock is a MASSIVE perk compared to Disney and during that week the express pass is worth its weight in gold............Genie blows and it cost Disney that customer as they are booked for Universal
USO's express pass for deluxe resort guests is probably one of the best deals in Orlando. I suspect the contract between USO and Loews (that gives the express pass) is actually an old deal that is a slight regret from USO as they loose a lot of potential revenue.
The first 3 USO hotels were
1999 was Portofino Bay
2001 was Hard Rock
2002 was Royal Pacific

Since then no new resort has offered this same perk. I assume a similar thing is actually happening at the Swalphin at WDW. I'm guessing there is some old deal with Marriott where they get all the in theme park perks as a Disney resort (thus giving them access to Deluxe Hours) while other 3rd party hotels on property like the Good Neighbor/ Springs hotels only get the early ILL and early Magic hours. I doubt Marriott is paying for this perk because they recently cut their expenses by no longer use official Disney buses and the busses don't even get dropped off at official Disney bus stops anymore (have to go to the TTC).

Last edited:

SingleRider

Premium Member
USO's express pass for deluxe resort guests is probably one of the best deals in Orlando. I suspect the contract between USO and Loews (that gives the express pass) is actually an old deal that is a slight regret from USO as they loose a lot of potential revenue.
The first 3 USO hotels were
1999 was Portofino Bay
2001 was Hard Rock
2002 was Royal Pacific

Since then no new resort has offered this same perk. I assume a similar thing is actually happening at the Swalphin at WDW. I'm guessing there is some old deal with Marriott where they get all the in theme park perks as a Disney resort (thus giving them access to Deluxe Hours) while other 3rd party hotels on property like the Good Neighbor/ Springs hotels only get the early ILL and early Magic hours. I doubt Marriott is paying for this perk because they recently cut their expenses by no longer use official Disney buses and the busses don't even get dropped off at official Disney bus stops anymore (have to go to the TTC).
Springs hotels don’t get early ILL privileges - only early entry and park reservations for length of stay if you are an AP.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Version 7.19 of My Disney Experience has become available in the Apple App Store - the Genie+ Lightning Lane changes described in the article below should be available once the app has been updated.

Bored Homer Simpson GIF

Someone trying to explain to me the latest "easy to use" feature of the MDE app.

dreday3

Play store. Click on your profile picture in the top right corner. Manage apps & device. Update all.

Most devices are set to only update automatically under certain conditions... something like connected to wifi, while charging, between the hours of 10pm and 6am.

Look at that! I didn't know about that. Had 6 apps waiting to be updated. 😂

thanks!

gerarar

Premium Member
Look at that! I didn't know about that. Had 6 apps waiting to be updated. 😂

thanks!
You can also go to Manage App and Devices and scroll through the apps you have pending for updates and find the MDE one and manually update it.

I usually don't like auto-updating my apps and only do so with the apps I use the most/daily. Also choose not to update apps that became buggy, like Instagram has a current bug that doesn't load accounts with certain non-UTF-8 characters. Last update released was Nov 29 and there's no fix for it yet. So I keep that stable for now by avoiding to update it.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Is it new that you can set your "top picks" for each day way ahead of time, or has that feature always been there?
Not new, but just as janky as most of the app. I mean, putting the rides you care about at the top to see their return times and wait times first is great, but you can only do it for the park for which you have a rezzie (at least until hopping time).

I'm hopping to MGM this afternoon, but I can't change my park to pick new top picks at that park because I don't have a valid park pass for MGM.

I'm typing this from the Skyliner as a leisurely make my way over. Guess I will try again at 2....

pdude81

Not new, but just as janky as most of the app. I mean, putting the rides you care about at the top to see their return times and wait times first is great, but you can only do it for the park for which you have a rezzie (at least until hopping time).

I'm hopping to MGM this afternoon, but I can't change my park to pick new top picks at that park because I don't have a valid park pass for MGM.

I'm typing this from the Skyliner as a leisurely make my way over. Guess I will try again at 2....
I think that's always been the case when hopping. You can change your park on the tip board, but not redo your "My Genie Day" top picks for a different park

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I think that's always been the case when hopping. You can change your park on the tip board, but not redo your "My Genie Day" top picks for a different park
Yeah. It's 2, I'm now at MGM, tapped in, still can't update.

I have been extremely successful with the G+ this trip, but damn if that app doesn't make it a PITA. I have helped so many people who thought they knew what they were doing, but really had no clue.

It shouldn't be this hard to have a fun, successful trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom