Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
The price for Genie+ has dropped back down from the high of $29 to $17 today -

IMG_D6209EDE0647-1.jpeg

Brooklin Disney Dad

What an emotional ride for guests. This feature should not fluctuate in price from day to day. I hope the new price stays stable and reflects the fact that Iger wants to bring guests back, removing price gauging efforts my Chepak. It should be a standard. The price of food and snacks doesn’t vary based on season demand highs and lows.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
What an emotional ride for guests. This feature should not fluctuate in price from day to day. I hope the new price stays stable and reflects the fact that Iger wants to bring guests back, removing price gauging efforts my Chepak. It should be a standard. The price of food and snacks doesn’t vary based on season demand highs and lows.
There shouldn’t be a price at all….

Purduevian

At the very least, G+ price should be available weeks if not months beforehand so people can budget. Yesterday costs a family of 4 $116+tax. Today it costs $68+ tax... that's an insane swing and worth a least 1 mickey bar

Jrb1979

It should cause it's not meant for everyone to have. It's how every other park does it

MrPromey

So here is my new response to anyone who still wants to argue that Disney is using price to limit capacity and increase guest satisfaction:

If they were actually trying to use price to control guest behavior, they'd be making hefty changes to ticket prices on holidays - not doubling the price of Genie+.

Increasing admission by a crazy amount would discourage people from going and overcrowding.

Genie+ and ILL price hikes are just how they take advantage of people once they're in there and realize the place is overcrowded.

So this is the strongest evidence yet to support the idea that they don't want fewer people spending more - they want more people spending more.

Last edited:

mysto

This genie model was supposed to reduce overall wait times from the chatter a few years back and to be a better system than the free fast pass model.

Genie+ and Fastpass+ can only redistribute wait times. Aggregate wait times for all are exactly the same regardless of who goes first.

In order to reduce wait times by redistribution there would need to be unused capacity somewhere, no line. I don't think that would be happening even with no linecut system. If there were no wait somewhere they would reduce the number of trains running until a suitable line built up.

Brenthodge

After you purchase G+ for the day EDIT: *Once you link your tickets, select my Genie Day*( Thanks Pdude) it will ask you what attractions you are interested in. I think you can select up to 5. These will be at the top of your tip board. There will also be some blue text that says "edit selections" I believe. There you can de-select and select new attractions.

For example, I had just tapped into a Pooh LL and I wanted to stay in the area for my next LL. I pinned Mermaid, Space, Dumbo, and Buzz to the top of the tip board. Then every time I refreshed the screen, those 4 were at the top and I could easily see if the LL had moved. I got extremely lucky and booked a Space Mountain for pretty soon.
WHAT - That right there is why I fight my wife all the time about another trip to Disney (land or world) she isn't on these boards and has NO IDEA how bad it has gotten. Tip boards? refresh every few minutes? what the hell does any of that even mean? Oh my God how convoluted have they made this place?

Purduevian

WHAT - That right there is why I fight my wife all the time about another trip to Disney (land or world) she isn't on these boards and has NO IDEA how bad it has gotten. Tip boards? refresh every few minutes? what the hell does any of that even mean? Oh my God how convoluted have they made this place?
The system is pretty crazy... however using it to it's max I was able to skip lines for Soarin, SSE, Frozen, Navi, Safari, FotLK, MMRR, TOT, and RNRC in one day.

If you are spending over $150 per person per day to visit WDW I feel like it's worth ~30 minutes before your trip learning how to max out the system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom