Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

on one hand it is good they are making these changes/trying to improve it

on the other hand, more evidence this system was not ready for prime time when rolled out
It all comes back to the amount of guests using it. All these fixes are trying to make system work that is meant for 10% of guests. IMO the only real fix is to up the price and price people out.

TheMaxRebo

It all comes back to the amount of guests using it. All these fixes are trying to make system work that is meant for 10% of guests. IMO the only real fix is to up the price and price people out.

Or add ton of capacity, or at least bring back all missing entertainment, etc.

But yeah, it works a lot better with limited # of people using it (and have it for fewer attractions, but that is a different story)

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
So the answer is dont let people use it and go full standby… Now please explain how that will help?!? They need to add capacity and entertainment and worthwhile shops to buy stuff in and different places to eat and actually enjoy

Jrb1979

So the answer is dont let people use it and go full standby… Now please explain how that will help?!? They need to add capacity and entertainment and worthwhile shops to buy stuff in and different places to eat and actually enjoy
Everyone agrees they need more capacity and entertainment. If you go by the rumors for D23 not a lot is coming to fix that. The only option is to limit the sales of Genie+. People can still buy it but it would be limited. IMO they should be striving for 25% of guests daily get it.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Everyone agrees they need more capacity and entertainment. If you go by the rumors for D23 not a lot is coming to fix that. The only option is to limit the sales of Genie+. People can still buy it but it would be limited. IMO they should be striving for 25% of guests daily get it.
You still dont answer my ?…. If thats your “solution” all it does is route everyone to standby which would probably be the only thing worse. Go ahead tell me how the lines will be constantly moving & go watch the Defunctland documentary…

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I don’t think WDW will ever have a skip lines all day long option outside of VIP tours. I also don’t think they’ll ever strive to have 90% of the park doing standby for 2 reasons. Too many people would be less inclined to return, and too many borderline cases would turn to DAS. A system that allows skipping some lines seems like the only viable solution.

lazyboy97o

You still dont answer my ?…. If thats your “solution” all it does is route everyone to standby which would probably be the only thing worse. Go ahead tell me how the lines will be constantly moving & go watch the Defunctland documentary…
Fewer people in a virtual queue system means you need less of the excess capacity required by a virtual queue system. A system that needs more capacity is never going to be the solution to insufficient capacity.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Fewer people in a virtual queue system means you need less of the excess capacity required by a virtual queue system. A system that needs more capacity is never going to be the solution to insufficient capacity.
Still doesnt answer my question. Those other people will be in standby lines waiting longer waits for everything bc again capacity…

lazyboy97o

Still doesnt answer my question. Those other people will be in standby lines waiting longer waits for everything bc again capacity…
It does answer your question, which has been answered and explained many times. The more people in a virtual queue system then the more extra capacity you need. Increasing demand cannot fix insufficient capacity.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
It does answer your question, which has been answered and explained many times. The more people in a virtual queue system then the more extra capacity you need. Increasing demand cannot fix insufficient capacity.
So are you saying limiting any skip the line system the come up with will alleviate wait times and make the parks an overall better experience where 80-90% of guests need to go stand by?

lazyboy97o

So are you saying limiting any skip the line system the come up with will alleviate wait times and make the parks an overall better experience where 80-90% of guests need to go stand by?
FastPass, FastPass+ and Genie+ are not skip the line systems. And yes, fewer people using a virtual queue system will reduce the demand impact on park operations. The more virtual queuing you add the more capacity you need. Removing virtual queuing therefore reduces the extra capacity you need. It will not though magically get you to adequate capacity if you don’t have it to begin with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom