Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I’d like to just point out that this is a good change. Everyone here will have the ability to purchase Genie+ the night before; it’s not going to sell out that quickly. The issue was too many people purchasing it in advance and people purchasing it late morning after arriving to the parks. If the limits they set are reasonable, this has a real shot of being a great experience.
any chance they allow AP holders with resort reservations to book in advance as well? like for me i have 2 room reservations booked already purchased mine and my daughters but my mom is in her room but an AP and cant book prior.... now in theory there is a chance we have it and she would not.....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Great...I am going in early January. I get to be the guinea pig for this ****ing disaster. Do I have to buy it at midnight then get up again at 6:45? Or do I have to get up at 6:45am and try to beat everyone else to buy it, then try to beat everyone else to reserve a good ride?

Its all so stressful. We need more details on how this is going to work.
It starts June 8, so it will be worked out long before your Jan trip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really doubt G+ will be sold out before 7am.

If they divide the G+ supply into 4 buckets, one for MK, EC, HS, and AK; no way those all get filled right away.
There could even be more buckets (8 total), those with park hoppers. But I doubt this is how it actually is, instead it's just 1 big ol bucket.

For my Christmas 2021 trip, I woke up daily around 6:40am. Got breakfast and bought G+. Then started making plans of what my first LL would be and headed for the parks. I just really don't see a reason to stay up until 12am to buy G+.
12/21 was still a time of depressed travel - relatively speaking

Disney Glimpses

any chance they allow AP holders with resort reservations to book in advance as well? like for me i have 2 room reservations booked already purchased mine and my daughters but my mom is in her room but an AP and cant book prior.... now in theory there is a chance we have it and she would not.....
As far as the future version of this goes, nothing has been determined yet. Everything is on the table but they can't make these changes until Jan 1.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
That isn't how this is going to work. There is always going to be a rat race at 7am for the popular attractions. The issue is that people who entered the park at 9, 10, 11 are purchasing it and eating up all the other attractions too and then by the time you're ready to book your next attraction, there is nothing left. There won't be issues purchasing Genie+ the night before.

This also isn't the only change that is coming. This is really just to alleviate the horrible experience that is Genie+ right now. The more significant changes are going to be surveyed to guests first and then implemented early next year.
I read this recent announcement as no buying genie+ ahead of time that way we can keep screwing with it as we wish without people getting upset it changed after that purchased it.

Either way, they shouldn’t wait until next year. This thing needs major overhaul asap. People are buying it now to try it but I don’t suspect there will be a lot of repeats on their next trip in its current form

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That isn't how this is going to work. There is always going to be a rat race at 7am for the popular attractions. The issue is that people who entered the park at 9, 10, 11 are purchasing it and eating up all the other attractions too and then by the time you're ready to book your next attraction, there is nothing left. There won't be issues purchasing Genie+ the night before.

This also isn't the only change that is coming. This is really just to alleviate the horrible experience that is Genie+ right now. The more significant changes are going to be surveyed to guests first and then implemented early next year.
I believe you…but I don’t really see how setting an arbitrary prebook deadline in a couple weeks would ease the strain?

Jeff4272

Still dont understand how this makes it better for anyone?

EVERYONE will be up at midnight to book them now

Just makes it more tiring and stressful

Why not justallot certain time drops if thats the case?

this is terrible

Waters Back Side

Flexible pricing isn’t coming.
Well, they also said Genie + will never sell out. That changed. I actually do not see any logical reason for doing this other then Flexible pricing.

At least when everyone had the option to purchase it, for those who wanted to buy it the day of they can at 6:45 AM before they make their first choice. How can anyone be so sure there will be availability of Genie + service at that time on busier weeks? Let alone the ride availability issues that many have experienced.

Disney Glimpses

I read this recent announcement as no buying genie+ ahead of time that way we can keep screwing with it as we wish without people getting upset it changed after that purchased it.

Either way, they shouldn’t wait until next year. This thing needs major overhaul asap. People are buying it now to try it but I don’t suspect there will be a lot of repeats on their next trip in its current form
They can't significantly modify the program itself without issuing refunds or even more disastrous guest relations feedback. People pre-purchased a product under the current terms and rules, which is why they will stay until end of year. All modifications will be around new purchases, but not the actual program itself.

And they are going to be quite cautious to start. The goal is to put this fire out now. That's how bad this is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Indeed. Apparently Genie+ has received the lowest guest satisfaction ratings in memory from Disney's own surveys. Major panic is an understatement.
Well I don’t know why that shocks even the awful management they have? - the worst ever by a nautical mile - by the way.

But the question remains: until “satisfaction” results in decline in attendance of daily spending per person…what does it matter?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom