Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

I absolutely understand the desire to retain VIP revenue - but I'd think anyone with a modicum of Excel skill and even a fraction of the marketing data they have available would be able to gin up an increase in profits by a significant multiplier if they offered an "in-between" access product.

There's a needle to be threaded here and I don't think the hole is really all that tight. It seems like the appetite to not attempt it is a simple lack of imagination.
the simple answer is to just make VIP even more expensive......it's completely sold out for the next 2 months

Jeff4272

I was afraid that was the case. This is phenomenally dumb.

Make sure you're up until midnight so you don't get shut out of your G+ purchase! And make sure you're up by 7am so you don't get shut out of your first LL selection!

Good grief.
agree 100%, what a complete and utter disaster

pluto77

What do you mean “if”?
I don’t mean anything by it. I was just asking the question. I just said “if” because they haven’t actually said that the price will be variable (yet), but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case. I was just wondering why they wouldn’t be changing it at Disneyland for the same reason.

Jeff4272

To ANYONE that thinks this is good, you are sadly mistaken

This entire thing needs a major overhaul....

This is going backwards, not forward

Waters Back Side

Resort guests who want to purchase in advance or as part of their package for assurance and less money while in WDW are now forced to wait until day of. This is a terrible idea. All around. For so many reasons. At least when I went, since I had learned the ins and outside of Genie + and all its flaws i still knew i had the option of purchasing in advance or on site without risking it being sold out and getting the best use of it.

pdude81

Could you explain how it’s better for you and your family? I’m not challenging you, just trying to understand what the new system offers that FP+ didn’t.
I have been able to get more fastpasses per day than in the past, especially for a Magic Kingdom day. More important to me is being able to set up fastpasses for multiple parks in a given day, without having to exhaust my early selections. So if I want to go ride Remy in the evening at Epcot, I have the ability to purchase that in the morning while rope dropping and selecting fastpasses for DHS (ToT, MFSR, etc). Some of my success is due to a reasonable understanding of how the system works, and when to make my selections.

Now I've had some great days in just a single non-MK park as well, even at crowded times, but my results seem to be better than others trying to book during similar periods.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Resort guests who want to purchase in advance or as part of their package for assurance and less money while in WDW are now forced to wait until day of. This is a terrible idea. All around. For so many reasons. At least when I went, since I had learned the ins and outside of Genie + and all its flaws i still knew i had the option of purchasing in advance or on site without risking it being sold out and getting the best use of it.
It was a terrible idea from the start.

So was buying it since September.

Just a parade of “bad ideas”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have been able to get more fastpasses per day than in the past, especially for a Magic Kingdom day. More important to me is being able to set up fastpasses for multiple parks in a given day, without having to exhaust my early selections. So if I want to go ride Remy in the evening at Epcot, I have the ability to purchase that in the morning while rope dropping and selecting fastpasses for DHS (ToT, MFSR, etc). Some of my success is due to a reasonable understanding of how the system works, and when to make my selections.

Now I've had some great days in just a single non-MK park as well, even at crowded times, but my results seem to be better than others trying to book during similar periods.
I get your point…

…but I gotta ask - for a friend - how it works well if you don’t “park pound”?

What if my “friend” doesn’t see a reason to park pound and party like it’s 1999?

Disney Glimpses

I’d like to just point out that this is a good change. Everyone here will have the ability to purchase Genie+ the night before; it’s not going to sell out that quickly. The issue was too many people purchasing it in advance and people purchasing it late morning after arriving to the parks. If the limits they set are reasonable, this has a real shot of being a great experience.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was afraid that was the case. This is phenomenally dumb.

Make sure you're up until midnight so you don't get shut out of your G+ purchase! And make sure you're up by 7am so you don't get shut out of your first LL selection!

Good grief.

Are there limits on how many Genie+ get sold in a day?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’d like to just point out that this is a good change. Everyone here will have the ability to purchase Genie+ the night before; it’s not going to sell out that quickly. The issue was too many people purchasing it in advance and people purchasing it late morning after arriving to the parks. If the limits they set are reasonable, this has a real shot of being a great experience.
You mean repaying for rides that you paid for in youre $100 plus per day “concrete access pass”?

See for me…it’s academic…it was never gonna be anything but an abject management failure

LittleBuford

Thank you for this helpful explanation. I take back my earlier claim that no-one considers this an improvement on FP+. I hope more people are able to enjoy positive experiences with Genie+ after Disney makes further changes to the system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom