Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

James Alucobond

Thats on them.
It wasn't "on them". That's literally how the old system worked. As soon as you used your first FastPass, you would be using your phone pretty much the same way you are now to continually check for availability, assuming you were a "maximizer" who wanted to FastPass more than a few rides a day.

LittleBuford

It wasn't "on them". That's literally how the old system worked. As soon as you used your first FastPass, you would be using your phone pretty much the same way you are now to continually check for availability, assuming you were a "maximizer" who wanted to FastPass more than a few rides a day.
You had three prebooked selections to get through before needing (or even being able) to check for further availability. Moreover, many people left it at those three initial selections and didn’t bother with additional day-of FastPasses.

wutisgood

3 weeks off here Southcentral Indiana. Few people are already out at work for the remainder of the year, only 1 traveling out of state to Tennessee.
Dollywood was very manageable around christmas a few years ago and a better christmas event and value than anything in orlando. Also given the hours of quality entertainment and number of rides it is probably a 2 day affair for people interested in doing everything.

James Alucobond

You had three prebooked selections to get through before needing (or even being able) to check for further availability. Moreover, many people left it at those three initial selections and didn’t bother with additional day-of FastPasses.
Oh, guh. Typo'd badly and meant to say "third" instead of "first". But pretty much everyone I know, casual or otherwise, refreshed for additional passes unless they were doing a half day.

LittleBuford

Oh, guh. Typo'd badly and meant to say "third" instead of "first". But pretty much everyone I know, casual or otherwise, refreshed for additional passes unless they were doing a half day.
I was a refresher, so checking my phone has always been part of the experience for me. But knowing I could start my day with three selections already under my belt was a great feeling, as well as a practical benefit. With the new system, I will have to start checking my phone much earlier in the day, all the while stressing about getting my money’s worth. It sounds like an awful downgrade from what we had before, and I for one am not looking forward to it.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Those selections could be swapped out. It was a very common suggestion to keep checking to try and get more preferable selections.
True. Which illustrates another way in which FP+ was superior - The fact that you can update your FP time or even swap for a different attraction without canceling your existing one until the time when you confirm.

With Genie+ You have to cancel before you book another one, and without amount of time you're likely to lose out. What's not even talk about what happens if you have multiple LL's stacked and you cancel the wrong one (i.e. Not the last booked) - you'll end up unable to book another to replace it.

Such a bad system that we are now paying for. FP+ had it's issues but it was far, far better than the dumpster fire of a system we have now.

Basil of Baker Street

You serious Clark?

Old system you booked 3 in advance and done. Now if you wanted 10 FPs playing the refresh game and wanted to have your face in your phone doing refreshes all day...It's on you.

lazyboy97o

You serious Clark?

Old system you booked 3 in advance and done. Now if you wanted 10 FPs playing the refresh game and wanted to have your face in your phone doing refreshes all day...It's on you.
The old system wanted you looking at your phone as well, they just couldn’t get enough of it to work. This change isn’t some entirely new shift, it’s the same type of scheme trying to solve the same problem.

Basil of Baker Street

The old system wanted you looking at your phone as well, they just couldn’t get enough of it to work. This change isn’t some entirely new shift, it’s the same type of scheme trying to solve the same problem.
My usual FP's would carry me to mid afternoon at least. Sure I might see what else is available but app time was minimal. Personally speaking of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom