Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JMcMahonEsq

It doesn’t matter. You still have to get up before 7am Every day, can’t pre book, can’t choose return times, etc
I booked my epcott day at 10am, while driving down to florida. I booked my animal kingdom day at 9am at park opening as I was staying at the JW Marriot at Bonnet Creek which doesn’t count as a Disney property, so no you don’t need to wake up at 9, and even if you do….so what, it’s 7 am, not 3 in the morning.

JMcMahonEsq

I have been wondering if the people who are finding success with this system are solo travelers. Are you bringing anyone along with you? I can see how this can work for finding availability for one, but can get increasingly difficult the more people you add. That is my biggest concern because we travel with multiple families.
My direct family is 4. When we go back for 4th of July we will be a group of 10, so we will see how the large group effects things. Although the interface is so easy I don’t think it will have a big impact. Also due to ride preferences within the group I don’t know if we will be shooting for groups of 10 riders at all times

DisneyDodo

My direct family is 4. When we go back for 4th of July we will be a group of 10, so we will see how the large group effects things. Although the interface is so easy I don’t think it will have a big impact. Also due to ride preferences within the group I don’t know if we will be shooting for groups of 10 riders at all times
One of the many drawbacks of G+ is that if you want to split up a big group, with half riding one attraction via LL while the other rides another, there’s no practical way to facilitate that, as the attractions will likely have different return times. With FP+, you could schedule them for close to the same time.

arich35

You have to be faster than that. I learned some of the quick techniques from when I used to have to compete with 10,000 other people for boarding passes for RotR that were gone within the first 8 seconds of the hour.

1. If you're relying on the time that's showing on your phone it is probably at least several seconds slow. You need a watch or some other timepiece that is synced to within a few milliseconds of the atomic clock time signal. The Disney network clock is very precise.

2. About 15-20 seconds before the EXACT start of the magic hour pull down on the screen to refresh it but do not remove your finger off the screen.

3. 0.25 seconds before your atomic clock synced timepiece changes to the start of the new hour release your finger off the screen. The Join box will go live and then tap-tap-tap as fast as you can. You should have already checked the boxes for everyone in your party who you want to get a virtual que prior to all this. You can do that several minutes before the hour when milliseconds are not important.

4. Having ridden Remy back in October, I personally wouldn't be interested in riding it again unless I was passing by the area and it was practically a walk-on. It was a huge disappointment to me compared to what I was expecting.
Is this the same kind of set up for Genie+ selections? Trying to get Slinky Dog before 4 PM when we arrive, we will be doing it from an airport or on the plane waiting to take off lol

RoadiJeff

Is this the same kind of set up for Genie+ selections? Trying to get Slinky Dog before 4 PM when we arrive, we will be doing it from an airport or on the plane waiting to take off lol
When I was there two months ago it was before Genie+ and ILL went live, so I cannot say for sure. I've only competed for the RotR boarding passes and Remy virtual queue.

Thepuma

You have to be faster than that. I learned some of the quick techniques from when I used to have to compete with 10,000 other people for boarding passes for RotR that were gone within the first 8 seconds of the hour.

1. If you're relying on the time that's showing on your phone it is probably at least several seconds slow. You need a watch or some other timepiece that is synced to within a few milliseconds of the atomic clock time signal. The Disney network clock is very precise.

2. About 15-20 seconds before the EXACT start of the magic hour pull down on the screen to refresh it but do not remove your finger off the screen.

3. 0.25 seconds before your atomic clock synced timepiece changes to the start of the new hour release your finger off the screen. The Join box will go live and then tap-tap-tap as fast as you can. You should have already checked the boxes for everyone in your party who you want to get a virtual que prior to all this. You can do that several minutes before the hour when milliseconds are not important.

4. Having ridden Remy back in October, I personally wouldn't be interested in riding it again unless I was passing by the area and it was practically a walk-on. It was a huge disappointment to me compared to what I was expecting.
Just tried this for Remy....syncronised my phone time with Disney sysyem time..at exactly 1 second past it said virtual queue all gone.

I fail to believe a whole mornings worth of virtual queue goes in zero time.

Yet again..utter garbage from Disney.

Thepuma

Don't bother...you won't get SDD before 4pm if youre not a resort guest.

Jeff4272

I booked my epcott day at 10am, while driving down to florida. I booked my animal kingdom day at 9am at park opening as I was staying at the JW Marriot at Bonnet Creek which doesn’t count as a Disney property, so no you don’t need to wake up at 9, and even if you do….so what, it’s 7 am, not 3 in the morning.
7am on vacation for us is 3 in the morning

If you were forced to get up at 3am to book your rides would you find it ok?

Waters Back Side

Don't bother...you won't get SDD before 4pm if youre not a resort guest.

Why would a resort guest have any advantage? SDD is on the Genie + tier and not an ILL. First Genie + ride can be selected at 7am for all guests in or off site.

However, SDD is a very high demand ride and quickly becomes unavailable. At 7am keep refreshing every few seconds until 7:20 ( and YES, 7:20 is accurate despite what others say). The ones who do not get it check from 7 to about 7:05 or 7:10 and give up. I saw availability every day of Thanksgiving week pop up for SDD until about 7:20. And some of the times were actually earlier ones like 1 or 2 pm. After about 7:20 you are completely out of luck. It is still not fun to have to do this at 7am on your vacation as opposed to the old FP + way, but if you have patience you'll get what you want. On New years week. I'll grab Genie + before I even buy Rise. Because from watching it all week, Rise had sporadic availability pop up until 730. You just have to be quick and ready and you have a shot at both. by 11 am though you probably will not have a lot to choose from.

Last edited:

Waters Back Side

Just tried this for Remy....syncronised my phone time with Disney sysyem time..at exactly 1 second past it said virtual queue all gone.

I fail to believe a whole mornings worth of virtual queue goes in zero time.

Yet again..utter garbage from Disney.

I'd rather pay then get the BG for Remy. From what I hear The BG is like a standby pass anyway. You wait up to an hour to for the ride at times. And you have no option what time you get. And if you do not get it the BG your only option is to pay anyway. Remy is an exception to the rule in my opinion where it makes sense to pay for it.

Last edited:

Thepuma

I wonder which brain box thought it would be a good idea to open the G+ and LL+ (for non resort guests) at the SAME TIME as the park opens with a massive stampede of people getting into parks...so you have the brilliant situation of thousands rushing in the queue to rop drop while others looking at their phones like zombies to book LL.

With all the supposed brain boxes at Disney, surely even a 5 year old would organise that better.

Thepuma

I'd rather pay then get the BG for Remy. From what I hear The BG is like a standby pass anyway. You wait up to an hour to for the ride at times. And you have no option what time you get. And if you do not get it the BG your only option is to pay anyway. Remy is an exception to the rule in my opinion where it makes sense to pay for it.
Trouble is...if you're a non resort guest, the LL+ are gone before the park opens.

Thepuma

And yet again...in the HUGE queue for Rise and there's TONS of people who have sent someone early to get to the front of the queue while later the rest of their family/group waltz right past the rest of the queue who have been waiting an hour or two to the front of the queue.

DISNEY PLEASE STOP THIS!!!! - I've seen 2 or 3 times now on this holiday where its almost come to blows where someone stops the queue jumpers and it comes to stern words.

It needs stopping and it needs announcing clearly that NOBODY can join the queue other than at THE BACK.

Last edited:

Danissmart

This is the funniest, saddest, most on the nose post. Perfectly sums up Disney World in 2021.

Ayla

Gosh, that sounds DELIGHTFUL!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom