Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

DisneyDodo

The rule should be that if someone from the party needs to leave the queue for any reason, they may, while the rest of the party waits off to the side. When they return, the entire party rejoins the queue in the same location as they left it. This way, there is no incentive to leave, but there’s also no penalty to using the restroom if you have to.

LittleBuford

From general consensus your situation is perfectly acceptable...everyone can see you walking out the line and will know you when you walk back through the queue...everyone will be fine with that. The problem is people sending ONE person from their group to queue for 2 hours..then when they are 15 minutes away from the front they text their friends to come and join them.
Perhaps you and others were being hyperbolic, but my earlier post was met with cries of “Tough luck” and “I will refuse to allow someone past me”. I’m glad to hear that people wouldn’t be quite so hardline in real life.

Disney Analyst

Perhaps you and others were being hyperbolic, but my earlier post was met with cries of “Tough luck” and “I will refuse to allow someone past me”. I’m glad to hear that people wouldn’t be quite so hardline in real life.

I hope people would be understanding for one person returning. Some people have IBS and man you don’t want to force them to stick it out. 😱😢

G00fyDad

I hope people would be understanding for one person returning. Some people have IBS and man you don’t want to force them to stick it out. 😱😢
My wife has IBS. She has had to leave a few lines for the problem. She waited until we got off the ride and did not push back through the line to rejoin us. She also manages it with medication that helps remove the issue most of the time.

And I think the bathroom excuse has pretty much been talked about enough. We all know who we are talking about here. The people that (as the other poster mentioned) waits in line for their group and then sends a text to let them know when they are close to the front and a gaggle of people rush through the line to get with their buddy.

LittleBuford

Absolutely. And even those of us without such conditions can be caught unawares at times, despite our best efforts to prepare beforehand. Expecting the worst of others rather than giving them the benefit of the doubt is generally going to raise tensions and make things less pleasant and enjoyable for everyone.

Thepuma

Absolutely. And even those of us without such conditions can be caught unawares at times, despite our best efforts to prepare beforehand. Expecting the worst of others rather than giving them the benefit of the doubt is generally going to raise tensions and make things less pleasant and enjoyable for everyone.

I understand BUT you will be walking past back out the line..people will see you leaving and when you come back they will know you are the the person who popped out. Nobody here has ever said they wouldn't let THAT person back in....its not people returning that's the problem, its people jumping from the back of the queue to their friends at the front.

Chi84

Premium Member
So basically go back to FP+.....which for me would be perfect.

Id actually be totally fine in paying $25 a day for the old FP+ system.

Ditch the 7am garbage..ditch the waiting till the park open for Genie LL..ditch only being able to book one G+ . Ditch paying for LL+..Ditch not having to cancel before booking a G+...ditch having to ha e your face in your phone all day.
I have a feeling they may come up with some type of elite or premium option where you can buy your way out of the more aggravating features of Genie+. I would be surprised if it happened this soon after launch, but who knows.

LittleBuford

I understand BUT you will be walking past back out the line..people will see you leaving and when you come back they will know you are the the person who popped out. Nobody here has ever said they wouldn't let THAT person back in....its not people returning that's the problem, its people jumping from the back of the queue to their friends at the front.
As I said, the posts I was responding to (yours included) made no distinction between queue-cutting opportunists and those with a legitimate need to go; it was a blanket "Tough luck" for all (expect young children). But we're way off-topic, and I think we've all said pretty much everything there is to say on the matter.

Thepuma

Can we get this back on topic? I cant handle talking about going to the bathroom!

Can we please get rid of Genie+/ILL?
Id vote for that

Let's go back to FP+ and if Disney feel the need to rip customers off another $30 a day for it then so be it - at least we will have a better day and more enjoyable experience.

Last edited:

Jeff4272

I have a feeling they may come up with some type of elite or premium option where you can buy your way out of the more aggravating features of Genie+. I would be surprised if it happened this soon after launch, but who knows.
Boy do I hope you're right....I hate Genie+.....we honestly wont go back and I really want to go back, it was that bad

Thepuma

It's already so damn complicated for most people (other than regular Disney visitors) adding yet another option or two would be totally unbearable.

In my eyes they have 2 options (if their main aim is to take more money from people while reducing numbers.

1) charge $250 per person to get in

2) go back to FP+ but charge $30 a day for it

Maybe even both.

But charging people like they are for G+ and LL+ , while proving a worse experience than the previous FREE option is totally unacceptable.

They should be bold enough to hold their hands up and say G+ is a disaster but rectify their issue.

But I guess while they are coining in millions from G+ and LL+ then why would they...its win win for Disney.

arich35

One week until we are in Disney, doing HS until 4 and then Epcot starting around 5:30/6. Looking at G+ this morning, if we are lucky enough to get SDD for the first half of the day we will if not we will do Smuggler's Run. But looking at the 2nd G+ selection, if we want to do Test Track it was at 7:45, so that pretty much means we would not get a 2nd one at HS. Hopefully 2 hours later Soarin will be available for 6 or 7 in the evening. Tough to spend $32 and only get 3 selections that are actually worth it

Thepuma

One week until we are in Disney, doing HS until 4 and then Epcot starting around 5:30/6. Looking at G+ this morning, if we are lucky enough to get SDD for the first half of the day we will if not we will do Smuggler's Run. But looking at the 2nd G+ selection, if we want to do Test Track it was at 7:45, so that pretty much means we would not get a 2nd one at HS. Hopefully 2 hours later Soarin will be available for 6 or 7 in the evening. Tough to spend $32 and only get 3 selections that are actually worth it
If you are staying till the fireworks the best way to do soarin is 9.30 as its pretty much walk on...then come out and watch the fireworks immediately.

nickys

Premium Member
I refuse to let people like that past me. If they cannot be bothered to stay with their crew then that is on them. Go to the bathroom first. I'd consider the "bathroom" excuse if the person had a small child in tow because kids are kids. Short of that, they are not getting past me.

A single person, I have no issue with. More than one? No way.

She should go to the toilet BEFORE queuing for a ride.

Also Avatar has toilets in the queue.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY should be jumping any queu for any reason. End of.

If you want a coffee...get one BEFORE queuing. You want the toilet..go BEFORE queuing.

What I've noticed happening most is that 1 member of the party will queue...the rest grab good, coffee...maybe go on another ride...chill out.. then when the person in the queue gets so far they text the rest and the rest then push through the queue.

It winds me right up.....cos if everyone did that there would be carnage. Nobodybis above queuing other than disabled.

If you need to go the toilet in the queue. Tough luck...either hold on or exit the queue and start again once you've been.
Whilst I agree it’s annoying, and the example given of the girls with their coffee seems somewhat clear cut as queue jumpers, I do take exception to a blanket policy fo refusal to accept there could be a valid reason.

A friend of mine has just had to start using a colostomy bag. If he needs to empty it, it really needs to happen PDQ, certainly whilst he gets used to it. And certainly at the moment he would also need someone to accompany him to assist. I doubt you would realise that if you encountered him trying to rejoin his group, yet I would suggest it’s a reasonable situation. Of course he could probably ask for a DAS but maybe some people don’t feel they really need that kind of accommodation.

Oh, and he’s 28 by the way, not an older gentleman that some might give a pass to. I hope he never meets either of you, albeit at least one of you is never going back so the chances are halved.

But of course, the most righteous members of the public often seem to believe they have an inbuilt ability to identify someone with a hidden condition or disability so can immediately tell who’s faking it. 😡

nickys

Premium Member
My wife has IBS. She has had to leave a few lines for the problem. She waited until we got off the ride and did not push back through the line to rejoin us. She also manages it with medication that helps remove the issue most of the time.

And I think the bathroom excuse has pretty much been talked about enough. We all know who we are talking about here. The people that (as the other poster mentioned) waits in line for their group and then sends a text to let them know when they are close to the front and a gaggle of people rush through the line to get with their buddy.
And you get to ride whilst your wife has to skip it? You could of course leave with her and then rejoin the line after she’s been to the restroom. Even if she says she doesn’t mind, I bet she does sometimes.

ImperfectPixie

Whilst I agree it’s annoying, and the example given of the girls with their coffee seems somewhat clear cut as queue jumpers, I do take exception to a blanket policy fo refusal to accept there could be a valid reason.

A friend of mine has just had to start using a colostomy bag. If he needs to empty it, it really needs to happen PDQ, certainly whilst he gets used to it. And certainly at the moment he would also need someone to accompany him to assist. I doubt you would realise that if you encountered him trying to rejoin his group, yet I would suggest it’s a reasonable situation. Of course he could probably ask for a DAS but maybe some people don’t feel they really need that kind of accommodation.

Oh, and he’s 28 by the way, not an older gentleman that some might give a pass to. I hope he never meets either of you, albeit at least one of you is never going back so the chances are halved.

But of course, the most righteous members of the public often seem to believe they have an inbuilt ability to identify someone with a hidden condition or disability so can immediately tell who’s faking it. 😡
It's generally easy to tell when people are using the bathroom as a bull excuse to line cut. If someone like your friend asked, I'd have zero issues with it. (And being mom to 2 autistic boys, trust me, I'm the last person to make assumptions about people's abilities or disabilities.)

nickys

Premium Member
If you’d got half way through the line, by the time you got back your friends would be near the front. The people who joined the line after you left wouldn’t have seen you, and would think of you exactly as a queue jumper joining your friends at the front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom