Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Waters Back Side

Really curious how this happened to you...

Maybe TT and Soarin sell out early at EPCOT, but you really should be able to get the others

AT DHS, I haven't heard of anyone saying all the rides were sold out by 11am. SDD and MFSR sure. And MAYBE ToT and RNRC. but no way TSMM, ST, and Alien were sold out at 11

And RNRC and ToT were available all week after 11 AM. They were for much later in the night like 7 or 8 pm. I have screenshots because I wanted to see if I can compare New Years week to this past one. Even SDD if you refreshed constantly up until about 7:30 you would see times. Soarin in Epcot did not become unavailable out until after 11 am either. I was able to see on the tip board it showed tmes. It was definitely a busy week and at times nothing was available but, to say they got nothing or even only 1 ride at any park, I am curious to know how that happened myself.

jpinkc

Strictly out of curiosity, was this all the same day? I’m confused how you would get zero rides in a single day?
No this was over 4 days. HS the problem was trying to schedule around 2 Lightsabers and 2 Droid Makings plus the dinner reservation we finally canceled because of our Rise time. Epcot kept having issues with Genie not wanting to load. When we would try and pick a time when it came back it wasnt for the time we had been given it was always later than the time offered by Genie. We were not giving up our dining reservations for Teppen Edo and Le Celier to ride my wife declared after the HS studio day. The Rat boarding groups disappeared so fast it wasnt funny. The total of rides were strictly what we got from using Genie+. We did wait over an hour at a time for some others, but my wife has mobility issues so we didnt get much of what we wanted as with Fastpass we rarely had this problem.

Waters Back Side

I have to wonder if the party size changes the time. So if we wll see the same thing and there is a time of 4:30 pm for SDD, and I want to book ot for 5 guests while someone else wants to book it for 2, I might get bumped to a later time because it does not have the availability for 5 guests.

A ride that shows availability for the same time for everyone, means it Is not basing it on your particular amount of guests. I will say thst will be a big problem for me also if I choose a ride and it changes the time on me.

wutisgood

Yea I always had enough fastpass plus availability as solo or duo buy wow would it have been bad for a larger group. The advantage of FP+ was at least over months you could get a plan down for the day that included dining. The fact that ride reservations are now potentially blowing up dining reservations is terrible and should be a thing disney would be actually concerned about. I would just take the ride reservations and actually complain for free stuff at guest services at that point. When guest services is dealing with actual issues from seasoned guests that could not work within the system it is a huge problem.

wutisgood

Is there a worse roller coaster in existence with the demand of slinky Dog dash? You could give me a 0 wait time and I would rather wait 15 min for tower of terror to walk less. Put mako in hollywood studios. Would anyone else besides people with kids ever go on this ride if it was over a 30 min wait?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I really have no desire to ever go back if I have to deal with all this. Now they are about to screw up DISNEYLAND as well.
The good news is, you don’t have to deal with it if you don’t want to. Outside of really busy weeks, my personal experience, and after reading many, many reports online, I’m thinking it’s not needed if you rope drop a few things and are willing to watch ride times and wait for the bigger rides when waits drop.

RSoxNo1

AP holders can't buy Genie+ until 7 am?
They should be able to buy it at 12:01, but I'm running into a glitch. I have a theory on what that glitch may be, but need to check a few more things during the trip.

The way it's going to work though, is I'm actually not going to purchase it for tomorrow as it's an Animal Kingdom day and my pregnant wife can't do much, so I'll just use her pass for the applicable attractions.

matt9112

The good news is, you don’t have to deal with it if you don’t want to. Outside of really busy weeks, my personal experience, and after reading many, many reports online, I’m thinking it’s not needed if you rope drop a few things and are willing to watch ride times and wait for the bigger rides when waits drop.

Dosen't help for the rides where you may not even be allowed to wait in a line.
It baffles me how many people defend this system. Instead of decrying its absurdity its....plan more...rope drop this...IAE that. I shouldn't have to. I should be able to visit a theme park and expect to be able to do most things. In fact disney advertised less plamming with this system yet they made a bad system (FP+) and somehow figured out how to make it worse.

Touchdown

Dosen't help for the rides where you may not even be allowed to wait in a line.
It baffles me how many people defend this system. Instead of decrying its absurdity its....plan more...rope drop this...IAE that. I shouldn't have to. I should be able to visit a theme park and expect to be able to do most things. In fact disney advertised less plamming with this system yet they made a bad system (FP+) and somehow figured out how to make it worse.
There is only one ride where that is currently true, so I think your being a bit absurd right now too.

Jeff4272

There is only one ride where that is currently true, so I think your being a bit absurd right now too.
Disagree. I was there thanksgiving week and it was a joke. Genie+ is terrible. Even if every ride was available (which it wasn’t) the fact you have to wake up before 7am EVERY day and you have to be on your phone all day is awful.

Last edited:

Touchdown

Disagree. I was there thanksgiving week and it was a joke. Genie+ is terrible. Even if every rode was available (which it wasn’t) the fact you have to wake up before 7am EVERY day is awful.
G+ is a joke but stand by is available as an alternative for every ride but Rat, you stated you couldn’t ride without G+ for many rides.

TikibirdLand

G+ is a joke but stand by is available as an alternative for every ride but Rat, you stated you couldn’t ride without G+ for many rides.
Maybe they were being a bit hyperbolic. But, a wait time of 90+ minutes would be a "no" for me as well. That would eleminate a bunch of rides. Disney made this mess; they need to clean it up. And, as Kevin showed in video, G+ isn't the way out of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom