Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

aaronml

FYI, I’ve been informed that if a G+ ride breaks down during your LL window, that you’ll automatically be issued a “Multiple Experience” pass like they used to do under FP+. Unsurprisingly, the ILL attractions are not included in the list of attractions you can use these “recovery” passes for.

Disstevefan1

FYI, I’ve been informed that if a G+ ride breaks down during your LL window, that you’ll automatically be issued a “Multiple Experience” pass like they used to do under FP+. Unsurprisingly, the ILL attractions are not included in the list of attractions you can use these “recovery” passes for.
This is terrible but I am not at all surprised.
For me, if a ILL attraction I purchased breaks down I am going to Guest Services and getting my gift card as the refund.

pdude81

I purchase my $15 ILL each for me and my family to get on Frozen at 1PM and its converted to a “Multiple Experience” pass and maybe I can get on Imagination at 6PM.
I believe the person you quoted earlier was talking about a G+ pass. So if SSE breaks down you can ride Nemo again. However, I think the same thing happens with ILL rides. You just have to choose if you want to wait for it to come back up (for ILL rides you can use still on that ride later), use for something else, or go get your money back.

Disstevefan1

I believe the person you quoted earlier was talking about a G+ pass. So if SSE breaks down you can ride Nemo again. However, I think the same thing happens with ILL rides. You just have to choose if you want to wait for it to come back up (for ILL rides you can use still on that ride later), use for something else, or go get your money back.
Got it. Thanks for the clarification. It it’s just a DG+ pass.

This is actually very good and I would expect the system to be smart enough to do this. I misread it initially.

DisneyCane

Not that I ever intend to pay for ILL, but, if I did and scheduled let's say RotR for 12:15 PM and one for FoP at 3:30 PM because I plan to park hop to AK at 2 and RotR is down at 12:15 and doesn't come back up until 3:00 I'd expect a full refund (not a gift card and not an anytime pass).

With ILL, you are paying for a specific ride at a specific time. If, due to Disney's issue, you can't ride that ride at that time (or somewhat close to that time) then you haven't gotten what you paid for.

pdude81

Not that I ever intend to pay for ILL, but, if I did and scheduled let's say RotR for 12:15 PM and one for FoP at 3:30 PM because I plan to park hop to AK at 2 and RotR is down at 12:15 and doesn't come back up until 3:00 I'd expect a full refund (not a gift card and not an anytime pass).

With ILL, you are paying for a specific ride at a specific time. If, due to Disney's issue, you can't ride that ride at that time (or somewhat close to that time) then you haven't gotten what you paid for.
Sure, but if they auto refunded then you wouldn't be able to ride at 5pm should it be up then and you prefer to do that. This is essentially the same behavior as when a Tier 1 FP went down in the prior system. Only now that money is involved, you can get refunded if you prefer not to wait. They can't know for each individual if the priority was the ride itself or the scheduled window.

arich35

Genie+ LL availability seems awful especially if you are wanting to park hop. If I am leaving HS at 4, it seems impossible to get a LL for Slinky Dog, MFSR, and Toy Story Mania before we would need to leave.

DisneyDodo

Sure, but if they auto refunded then you wouldn't be able to ride at 5pm should it be up then and you prefer to do that. This is essentially the same behavior as when a Tier 1 FP went down in the prior system. Only now that money is involved, you can get refunded if you prefer not to wait. They can't know for each individual if the priority was the ride itself or the scheduled window.
The app should give you an option - either redeem the anytime pass or request a refund. Or the system can be "If you don't redeem this pass by the end of the day, you will automatically be reimbursed for the ILL."

Communicora

Premium Member
You didn't need to book and use a LL to "'open up' the system," though. You could have just waited until you were in the park if you wanted to start refreshing right away. Booking a "burner" LL just adds unnecessary steps.

Your Process with "burner":
7 am - Book "burner" LL
8:30 am (or 9 am if offsite) - Enter Park & rope drop some rides
9-9:30 am - Tap into "burner" LL and start refreshing for next LL

vs

Without "burner":
8:30 am (or 9 am if offsite) - Enter Park & rope drop some rides
9 am - Start refreshing for first LL

Simply waiting until after park open to begin looking for LL reservations gets you exactly the same result without the time or hassle of booking and using a "burner" LL.
This is why I wish Disney would just switch it so people can't book until they are in the park.

Genie+ LL availability seems awful especially if you are wanting to park hop. If I am leaving HS at 4, it seems impossible to get a LL for Slinky Dog, MFSR, and Toy Story Mania before we would need to leave.
Yes, it's particularly bad if you want to start the day in HS and don't want to rope drop as well get up at 7am to try to get SDD at a reasonable time (like before 2pm). Even if you rope drop and get up at 7am to grab SDD, it may be hard to get MFSR before your hopping time as your second G+ ride on a busier day as G+ usage increases.

For people looking to maximize their time, HS is rapidly becoming either the park you hop to, or the park you spend all day in and forget about hopping.

Really confused by this itinerary from Disney Tourist Blog for HS using G+. How is the step at 9:11am possible without having actually tapped in to SDD? Edit to add, did they just re-use the FP+ plan and replace FP+ with G+? Did FP+ not allow overlapping return times?

7:01 am – Book Slinky Dog Dash via Genie+ with a Lightning Lane return window of 9:10 am to 10:10 am.
8:30 am – Rope drop Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway via standby.
9:05 am – Do Toy Story Mania via standby line.
9:11 am – Attempt to book Toy Story Mania via Genie+ with a Lightning Lane return window of 10:00 am to 11:00 am, but fail because it overlaps with unused SDD ride reservation.
Instead, book Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run via Genie+ with a Lightning Lane return window of 11:20 am to 12:20 pm.
9:30 am – Do Slinky Dog Dash via Lightning Lane (Genie+ ride reservation).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom