Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

doctornick

HA.......

How many people do you think would buy unlimited IAS at WDW if it was $100 per person per day?

What if it was $150 pp?
What if it was $200 pp?

thats what im talking about......

not a $4,000 add on, a $600 - $800 per day add on for a family of 4

And this would work, they just have to limit the amount they sold

I don't know how many people would buy it, but that's irrelevant. Disney already offers such a program with the VIP Guided Tour. Why would they offer or even consider a cheaper more accessible option? The difference in function between what you are suggesting (the Uni Express Pass system) and what the VIP Tour offers is pretty small but Disney would make a ton less money by offering that - so why cannibalize their own product?

You want unlimited, on demand Fastpass? Buy a VIP Tour (at least that would be Disney's prospective).

Muffinpants

I don't know how many people would buy it, but that's irrelevant. Disney already offers such a program with the VIP Guided Tour. Why would they offer or even consider a cheaper more accessible option? The difference in function between what you are suggesting (the Uni Express Pass system) and what the VIP Tour offers is pretty small but Disney would make a ton less money by offering that - so why cannibalize their own product?

You want unlimited, on demand Fastpass? Buy a VIP Tour (at least that would be Disney's prospective).
VIP tours dont even get unlimited FP. They are guided to each ride. The price is very different as well. 400 for a party of 4 vs 7k for 12.. who has 12 ppl to split with? I would buy 100$ day unlimited IAS in a heart beat for when me and my husband go alone.

UNCgolf

VIP tours dont even get unlimited FP. They are guided to each ride. The price is very different as well. 400 for a party of 4 vs 7k for 12.. who has 12 ppl to split with? I would buy 100$ day unlimited IAS in a heart beat for when me and my husband go alone.

That's the problem, though. A ton of people would buy it and then it would be worthless. You wouldn't be happy if you paid for that and then still had to wait in lines because half of the people in the parks had it.

They'd probably need to charge $300 or more a person to make the balance work (or just limit the total number sold, but at that point they'd be limiting their revenue and still better off selling VIP tours).

Muffinpants

That's the problem, though. A ton of people would buy it and then it would be worthless. You wouldn't be happy if you paid for that and then still had to wait in lines because half of the people in the parks had it.

They'd probably need to charge $300 or more a person to make the balance work (or just limit the total number sold, but at that point they'd be limiting their revenue and still better off selling VIP tours).
I can agree that alot of couples would purchase this but I dont see alot of family of 4 + buying mulitple days of that. 400$ + added per day is a giant leap in price. This would be Uni express pass and it works for them...

Lady Liberty

This whole thing is blowing my mind. I really don't like this so far but I do tend to not like change. This is a very big change for me.

My question is does it make a difference how fast your phone is? Not even sure if that's a real thing but my phone is older, I think it's an apple 5. Will I be able to compete for an individual pass to RotR and Rat? Also when using these lines are you missing part of the show? You know the buildup that you see when waiting in the normal standby lane.

Are there still standby lanes for the tier 1 rides?

MrPromey

100% disagree.......Charge more money and have a limited amount that can do it

easily done
Well, that wouldn't be what Universal does then, would it?

Because if it was, they'd be extending this benefit to everyone staying in a moderate or deluxe resort as well as charging separately for people who don't and yeah, that kind of volume would definitely gum up the works of some attractions.

MrPromey

HA.......

How many people do you think would buy unlimited IAS at WDW if it was $100 per person per day?

What if it was $150 pp?
What if it was $200 pp?

thats what im talking about......

not a $4,000 add on, a $600 - $800 per day add on for a family of 4

And this would work, they just have to limit the amount they sold
But that's the problem - even at the insane prices Disney charges for the tours, you don't get unlimited.

They're not going to charge $150-$200 a day to give people something better than what they're getting on those "tours".

You understand this, right?

I mean, if we're just talking about what you wish they would do, that's one thing but there's no way they actually would - not at a price point like that.

doctornick

But that's the problem - even at the insane prices Disney charges for the tours, you don't get unlimited.

What do you mean they don't get "unlimited"? Are you saying they cannot re-ride rides? I thought that they could, if the guests want to and they'll just get back into that line and ride again but honestly I'm not that familiar with them.

Obviously, there is a time limit on the tours though.

Patcheslee

Someone wanted to know how AK w/o genie+ today would go, it went very well for me (had EE and Rope dropped):
-FoP
-NRJ
-Safari (lions roared and were pacing)
-Kali
-Dino x2
-EE
-30 min break for canteen lunch and Night blossom
-FotLK
-Kali
-EE (SRL) x3
-FoP

Longest wait:20 min (last FoP.)
Crowd level 1 though.
Christmas or Spring break we may get to see how well it works in high demand.

G00fyDad

Crowd level 1 though.
Christmas or Spring break we may get to see how well it works in high demand.

Christmas without G$.... :eek:
The Lion King Reaction GIF

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good luck getting a refund on your individual LL purchases when the ride goes down. Bought one for Rise and the ride went down. This was the only time the entire trip we had scheduled for HS with a 16 month old and a pregnant wife, so no rescheduling worked for me. Had to argue at guest relations for 15 minutes with the extremely rude cast member just consistently and condescendingly quoting the T’s and C’s at me (which she was wrong, nothing in the emailed T&C’s I got stated it would not be refundable).

When I pointed out that Disney had issued a statement to the Orlando Sentinel stating that they would give refunds in this case, she told me “it must not have been from a real Disney employee.” I’ve gotten better customer service from a mall hawker. So many people were in there getting Rise LL refunds it was a joke. A lot of folks complaining saying the company no longer cares and they’re not coming back.

I recognize cast have a hard job, and never in over a decade of coming here have I ever negatively reported a cast member by name. Today, I did. Her attitude and demeanor was that bad and that rude, especially when she said “are you sure you want me to refund this - you will not be able to ride Rise once it comes back up if I process this recovery action.” No, after I’ve had to argue with you for 15 minutes I’m not going to miraculously change my mind to help your metrics.

Also, since when do managers not come out when you ask to speak to them? The entire time I was at guest relations there was a stream of CM’s going back after a guest requested to speak to a manager, but not once did one come out to speak to a guest. That is pitiful and embarrassing for a company that once prided itself on customer service.
I find it incredible that they try to resist the refund and didn't consider this before going live. It is obvious that many people, such as the example you describe, are genuinely due to a refund for a something that was not delivered. Disney can't have it all ways. If they are going to sell access to a specific attraction, they need to deliver it. I think there should even be the consideration as to what happens if the specific attraction isn't operating at 100% show quality. What happens if you miss the pre-show for Rise? Not worth $15 that's for sure.

Sorry you had a rough time. Things should be better than that.

ImperfectPixie

I find it incredible that they try to resist the refund and didn't consider this before going live. It is obvious that many people, such as the example you describe, are genuinely due to a refund for a something that was not delivered. Disney can't have it all ways. If they are going to sell access to a specific attraction, they need to deliver it. I think there should even be the consideration as to what happens if the specific attraction isn't operating at 100% show quality. What happens if you miss the pre-show for Rise? Not worth $15 that's for sure.

Agreed. This Disney seems like a complete 180-degree turn from the Disney of just a few years ago.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

Agreed. This Disney seems like a complete 180-degree turn from the Disney of just a few years ago.

100% agree. I told the cast member 5 years ago this wouldn’t have been an issue and it would have been a refund and what else can we do? Now it’s treated as an inconvenience that you dare ask for them to deliver the product.

I am going to try and sneak on around 8:30 after my 16 month old goes to bed if the wait times go down. We shall see what happens but I’ve been waiting to ride this since it went live and today was just a disappointment all around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom