Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

ChrisFL

Premium Member
By your logic then resort rates should be the same all year as well. "It's about peace of mind in planning", right? It's not like they weren't up front about it. If you don't like it, don't use it.

That's a huge difference. Resort rates are something that have a whole industry that historically changes rates based on time of year, weekdays vs. weekends etc. People have expected that for decades. This is entirely new and not like what other parks offer at all.

I don't care either way, as I won't likely use those options, but I'm saying the average guest could be more overwhelmed by this, I'm already seeing a lot of people saying it.

New people coming in Sunday and starting their trip in DHS.
Definitely some of it is this, but I also think it a bit of Halloween week being a bit more crowded based on the predicted levels for this week. HS is often neck and neck with MK these days for most crowded park, with Epcot spiking a bit on weekends and AK almost always way behind. Nov 20-27 is gonna be a very interesting week for G+ and ILL, though.

Texas84

Definitely some of it is this, but I also think it a bit of Halloween week being a bit more crowded based on the predicted levels for this week. HS is often neck and neck with MK these days for most crowded park, with Epcot spiking a bit on weekends and AK almost always way behind. Nov 20-27 is gonna be a very interesting week for G+ and ILL, though.
And runDisney Nov. 4-7.

pdude81

Seriously, great point. I'll still be on the half course. 5K and 10K won't be an issue.
I hadn't really thought about it until your post, but I might have to have my phone along for the runs on marathon weekend. Might be lower crowds then, but not for Wine and Dine Sunday! Good luck

WDWYankee15

How I miss the old days of planning! When you didn't HAVE TO plan EVERYDAY, EVERY HOUR or your every move BEFORE YOU GET THERE!(so it seems) It was less stressful, but now everyone seems to want that certain time for dining, certain everything that you have to plan for even before you get there!
The funny thing is Genie was the thing that was supposed to bring back not having to plan so much. The reality is it moves all the planning and worry to the "day of" each and every day during your trip. I actually rather plan at 180, 90, 60, 30 days out for various things. Do it the one time on each of those days and move on. If I didn't get what I wanted I had time to adjust and figure other things out and/or make peace with it and enjoy my trip. Now it seems like some of that is removed "in favor of" :)banghead:) each and everyday while I am on my trip, waking up jumping on my phone, watching my phone all day, and constantly on edge to "figure things out." Also all this at a high cost.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The funny thing is Genie was the thing that was supposed to bring back not having to plan so much. The reality is it moves all the planning and worry to the "day of" each and every day during your trip.

Or... you don't plan, or plan very little, and just make decisions on the fly based on what is happening that day.

People keep forgetting that the reason you all DID so much planning of YOUR TIME INSIDE THE PARK was not because you wanted to, but because you were conditioned to do it to try to avoid lines and optimize your experience as much as possible. You were doing work to avoid other pain.

The point of a G+ system to the guest is to take that worry away and instead give you a touring plan as you go and still have a good experience.

If you can get 95% of the result with 5% of the effort... who needs to micromanage their schedule so much?

Jeff4272

So is Genie officially a flop yet or will Chapek continue to pretend it’s a roaring success?
I think its going to fail big time.......As soon as people realize that either

A) its too slow and you don't need it, or
B) its too busy and its not worth it and
C) theres diminishing margin returns (great eg. is how nobody is paying for EE or SM)

BaconPancakes

I think its going to fail big time.......As soon as people realize that either

A) its too slow and you don't need it, or
B) its too busy and its not worth it and
C) theres diminishing margin returns (great eg. is how nobody is paying for EE or SM)
I’ll add D) people realize you can get DAS as the free alternative to Genie if you just tell someone in an online screening you can’t wait in lines for “medical reasons”

mightynine

It'll be interesting when everybody stops running at 7am to make their Genie+ selections.
Sales of these things 'bout to go through the roof! Bob's ordering EARidescent ones right now. No need for a little run to keep you from such a magical purchase opportunity!

61WE+vUh1jL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom