Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm from New Jersey. I have no feelings.

As demonstrated by our State Flag

Mutual-Feelings_60x36_Flag_Photo_1200x1200.jpg
That has been replaced by executive order 212

Attachments

• 7BE1E1BD-39A5-4FAF-89E0-EBB0A8DEFA2A.png
    7BE1E1BD-39A5-4FAF-89E0-EBB0A8DEFA2A.png
    328 KB · Views: 72

wendysue

I just canceled 2 of our vacation days in November. Now we will go in on Monday and leave Thurs. The only reason we are going to go at all is because I cannot get a refund on MK Christmas party tickets so we will get in late Monday, go to party Tuesday night, pool time and resort hop Wed. and leave Thursday. I don't even have any desire to visit the other parks on our last trip ever. It's all ruined for us with all the changes. (just our opinion, no need for snarky comments, please)

DisneyCane

Did it all of a sudden get good? 🤔
Maybe they can use the ILL money to fix the cannons that your vehicle is timing to move between.

I've said before, the pre-shows are good but once you get on the ride it is just an OK ride through sets. It's like the Great Movie Ride but without the live guide participating and only focused on one movie.

I'll certainly ride it for a reasonable standby wait but in a million years I'd never pay to ride it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe they can use the ILL money to fix the cannons that your vehicle is timing to move between.

I've said before, the pre-shows are good but once you get on the ride it is just an OK ride through sets. It's like the Great Movie Ride but without the live guide participating and only focused on one movie.

I'll certainly ride it for a reasonable standby wait but in a million years I'd never pay to ride it.
It very much is the great movie ride…through the worst of the 3 sets of SW movies.

magic

KYDVC

I just canceled 2 of our vacation days in November. Now we will go in on Monday and leave Thurs. The only reason we are going to go at all is because I cannot get a refund on MK Christmas party tickets so we will get in late Monday, go to party Tuesday night, pool time and resort hop Wed. and leave Thursday. I don't even have any desire to visit the other parks on our last trip ever. It's all ruined for us with all the changes. (just our opinion, no need for snarky comments, please)
We're not quite where you are yet, but we're getting close. We usually do a 10 night stay every year, but for 22, we are just doing 3 nights in Vero Beach and 4 in Poly. If the current trend keeps going, we will probably sell our DVC contract.

LittleBuford

“Thank you mother, may I have another?” Isn’t a great attempt at adulting…that doesn’t mean everyone has to agree at all times. I’m not advocating that. Some semblance of pause and attempts at objectivity shouldn’t be scoffed or patronized.
You weren’t being objective; you were expressing a personal opinion. When dealing with matters of taste and preference, one is necessarily in the realm of the subjective. I wasn’t scoffing at or patronising you, merely attempting to present an alternative perspective to your (in my view) rather reductive and unkind characterisation.

MickeyLuv'r

Most of those people left the board. Or they never came here. Most who have a bad experience simply leave WDW out of their future plans. It takes a special attachment to Disney World to both believe it has declined precipitously but still care about it enough to follow it, visit occasionally, and post here. I’ve said that Disney matters a great deal to me on an emotional, personal level, but it also matters to me on an intellectual level. I think it is a tremendously, uniquely, fascinatingly important institution in the cultural history of America and, less specifically, in the world at large. That combination of intellectual and emotional attachment is odd - to most folks it’s just a vacation destination - but on these specific boards, I don’t think it’s uncommon. That’s why they’re worth reading.
One element missing from your post is the element of hope. You partly describe hoping WDW/Disney will continue, but don't use the word hope.

Just started looking at a book called "The Queens of Animation." Suffice it to say, women animators in the 1930's were not (always) treated as peers by their male co-workers. The past of the Disney company was not 100% rosy.

Yet at the same time, that was during the Depression. Disney spent a great deal of money on Snow White, and employed many people who otherwise may well have been unemployed.

The Disney Company is complex. It can be both flawed, and also a positive influence at the same time. As consumers, we can be both critical of Disney's faults, and hopeful that the company will remedy those flaws.

The parks are also not static nor linear in their development. Sometimes change = better, sometimes change = worse, sometimes change = just different.

But I hope the company will correct obvious flaws. I'm not certain they will, but I hope they will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom