Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Disstevefan1

If we could get our money back after riding Everest because the Yeti doesn't work, that would make it worth the $8 up front to show up in the data reports to motivate Disney to fix the dang thing

In the end, the question is, will standby really get hurt that much by Genie+? In the previous week, the posted wait times were plenty long. It doesn't seem any worse today. So maybe Genie+ won't make much of a difference.
If the theory was that Fastpass + made the standby lines move slower, the standby lines now (with DG+ and ILL) should move faster because less folks are using DG+ and ILL?

Basil of Baker Street

SO for a 9am park opening, by 4pm you could have the following:

7am - book initial Genie+ for SDD
9am - park opens
11am - book 2nd Genie+ for MFSR
1pm - book 3rd Genie+ for ToT
3pm - book 4th Genie+ for TSMM

Plus your 2 IAS purchases

so technically the max you could have is 6 by 3pm (based on availability) and paying max prices so maybe people that have done that today can confirm?
My question would be more in terms could I stack 4, 5 or 6 of them to use between say 5pm and close if I started reserving them at park opening. edit: Assuming you could pull the desired times of 5pm or later.

Casper Gutman

In the end, the question is, will standby really get hurt that much by Genie+? In the previous week, the posted wait times were plenty long. It doesn't seem any worse today. So maybe Genie+ won't make much of a difference.
I believe it’s much less crowded in the parks then last week.

DCLcruiser

My question would be more in terms could I stack 4, 5 or 6 of them to use between say 5pm and close if I started reserving them at park opening. edit: Assuming you could pull the desired times of 5pm or later.
EDIT:

Sure, if you can pull the times on a crazy popular day.

In general, not likely, because LL are next available. So, at 9 AM you would probably see LL for 9:30, 10 or 10:15, etc. You would need to wait for later in the day to see evening LL (unless rides are very very popular from 9 AM on).

LovePop

Theme parks essentially started as parks. Even cemeteries were parks where families would go stroll, play, be together. Then a few rides were added such as a carousel. There was no itinerary needed. Today people spend their entire “vacation” buried in their phones, while at the gate, while in the line, while on the boat or monorail, while they eat. They miss the actual show, and details. No spontaneity. Only a zealously planned schedule. No exploring like kids on Huck Island. My strategy is ditching the app, ditching the phone, no strategizing and panicking like huddling people trying to get off the Titanic. I pick park or resort and see what I might just find. It’s the best way to get out of the madness of followers, and really enjoy the details of Disney, and be together as a family.
Some day I'm going to move to Orlando. I will buy one of those dirt cheap $400 annual passes for locals. I will walk into a park leisurely with no phone, no fastpasses, and no hurry, and do everything you say. I will look upon the tourists with condescending pity, knowing that I was once one of them, but I've gone up in the world because I now live at Disney World.

Some day.

Disstevefan1

The 64 Dollar question is what Crowd Level is today?? If its a moderate crowd level then Genie+ doesnt seem to offer enough to justify purchasing it. I want to see what a 8 or 9 crowd day with it looks like. Thats what scares me!!!
I did a quick Google check, Oct 1 through 21 is historically among the least crowded times at WDW, so it's a good time to launch this.
How will it work when the parks are mobbed?
We can only GUE$$ 🤑

HM Spectre

Theme parks essentially started as parks. Even cemeteries were parks where families would go stroll, play, be together. Then a few rides were added such as a carousel. There was no itinerary needed. Today people spend their entire “vacation” buried in their phones, while at the gate, while in the line, while on the boat or monorail, while they eat. They miss the actual show, and details. No spontaneity. Only a zealously planned schedule. No exploring like kids on Huck Island. My strategy is ditching the app, ditching the phone, no strategizing and panicking like huddling people trying to get off the Titanic. I pick park or resort and see what I might just find. It’s the best way to get out of the madness of followers, and really enjoy the details of Disney, and be together as a family.

The dream.

I miss the WDW that was as much about the little "in-betweens" as it was about the actual attractions. That's where a lot of the magic is found.

If I want to run from attraction to attraction and do nothing else, I'll go to Cedar Point.

Jeff4272

Yes but you have to start at 7am like in my example.......you could not have more than 5 Genie+ selections by 5pm (plus the 2 IAS)

assuming they let you get any amount, its just that nobody has tried it yet because its day 1

and you cant likely get those return times

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
SO for a 9am park opening, by 4pm you could have the following:

7am - book initial Genie+ for SDD
9am - park opens
11am - book 2nd Genie+ for MFSR
1pm - book 3rd Genie+ for ToT
3pm - book 4th Genie+ for TSMM

Plus your 2 IAS purchases

so technically the max you could have is 6 by 3pm (based on availability) and paying max prices so maybe people that have done that today can confirm?
SDD is one of the ILLs, so, replace that with RnRC.

Yes, you can do this if each of your DG+s are for after 3 PM. Remember, as you say, 'based on availability' in that D+ only shows you next available. And at 7AM or 9AM, you may not find any of them already in the 3+PM range.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyone use the new DAS system and compare it to paid Genie yet? I may claim “anxiety” if it turns out to be the same system but free. (Only joking, or am I?)
I think new DAS with the pre-registration is delayed. But, I believe I've seen a screen shot of Genie being used to reserve DAS (at the current advertised wait time). You just need to register for it when you enter the park.

JAB

I could be wrong but it seems to me that your two hours would restart when you booked LL#3 so you would be able to book LL#4 beginning at 1:30 pm.
You're right; it should be 2 hours after #3, not after #2. I'll update my post. The timing of the stacking still looks like it should work, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom