Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

matt9112

That's a great point. It's easy to spend less on other things like F&B or merch to cover the cost of Genie+ and/or IAS.

A lot of taking from Bucket A (food, merch, etc) to supply Bucket B will no doubt take place.

I agree. This is a very good point.

arich35

Went to see if I can purchase Genie+ and it says this. I assume it is a glitch.
I went to buy through my day and it says "my admission type isnt eligible to be modified pre-arrival"

Screenshot_20211019-130349_Disney World.jpg

castlecake2.0

Used Genie/Genie + today and enjoyed it. I really like how I can put in my must do’s and it creates a guide to follow. LL had good availability as well. I don’t think I’ll buy + again unless friends are visiting, but even the complementary aspects were a nice feature. It’s all just suggestions, you don’t have to use it at all if you prefer just to go with the flow.

DisneyCane

May I make a suggestion, something that I think I recognized from the beginning but haven’t been able to fully articulate until now: Genie+ and ILL is not designed nor is for us.

It is designed for once in a lifetime families who don’t know our tricks, nor have our fortitude to be park warriors. This will help them get on 2-5 rides more a day and maybe even do one of the new rides.

As long as this doesn’t effect standby times, it changes nothing and I will still be able to do everything I want to do so fine with it. I won’t be purchasing but that’s ok. Disney makes more money from their cash cow demographic, I still enjoy Disney the way I like, win, win.

Let’s see how long it lasts and if Disney can keep from making the lines 80:20 LL to stand by again…
I'm with you 100%. If they keep standby reasonable then I'm fine with this. The once in a lifetime people can give Disney some revenue and I can still enjoy the parks.

Now, if it gets to the point that on an average day the only way to wait less than an hour for HM is by buying Genie+, I'm not OK with it and will stop renewing my annual pass. I'm not paying $15 per person every time I visit just so I can get on a few rides without waiting an interminable line.

If the brand new attractions have ridiculous waits, I can deal with that because that would happen with any system in place.

awoogala

question- I haven't decided if it's worth it just yet, for a short trip.
My family has regular passes that I can upgrade on the app right now.
I have an AP. would I have to wait until day of to purchase genie+ for myself?

JohnD

DG - Disney Genie, the Artificial Intelligence (AI) helper to guide you through the parks. Free update to My Disney Experience (MDE)

DG+ - Disney Genie+. For $15/day, you can grab Lightning Lanes for rides throughout the day.

LL - Lightning Lane. The new name for the FastPass queues. You get a LL 'pass' with either Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane purchases.

ILL - Individual Lightning Lane. The Lighting Lanes (FastPasses) you can buy individually. Limited to a few select rides and only two per day. Formerly called Individual Attraction Selection (IAS, or, IA$), but it seems Disney is now sticking with ILL.

TAFN. TTYL. HaMD.

I think I'm going to be ILL keeping up with these acronyms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom