Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Dman245

Yes; I'm aware of that. I'm not sure you understood what I was asking.

The only criteria for booking your next G+ LL (as I understand them) are:
  1. When you tap in to a LL or
  2. Two hours after you book a LL (or 2 hours after park open, whichever is later)
So, my question was: can those criteria overlap in such a way that you can stack 3 (or more) LL reservations?

Ex.:
  • 9:00am (park open): Book LL#1 for 11:30am
  • 11:00am(2 hours after booking LL#1): Book LL#2 for 2pm - You now have 2 LLs booked, 11:30am & 2pm
  • 11:30am: Tap in to LL#1 & book LL#3 for 3pm - You have 2 LLs booked, 2pm & 3pm
  • 1pm: (2 hours after booking LL#2): Book LL#4 for 4pm - If allowed, you would now have 3 LLs booked, 2pm, 3pm, & 4pm

Since LL#1 meets "next booking" criteria #1 when you tap in at 11:30, and LL#2 (which was booked at 11am) meets criteria #2 at 1pm, then theoretically, it should be possible to have 3 LLs booked at once, unless Disney has put a restriction on the total number of G+ LL reservations you can have.
I could be wrong but it seems to me that your two hours would restart when you booked LL#3 so you would be able to book LL#4 beginning at 1:30 pm.

mattpeto

2. Two hours after you book a LL (or 2 hours after park open, whichever is later)
So, my question was: can those criteria overlap in such a way that you can stack 3 (or more) LL reservations?

Ex.:
  • 11:00am(2 hours after booking LL#1): Book LL#2 for 2pm - You now have 2 LLs booked, 11:30am & 2pm
  • 11:30am: Tap in to LL#1 & book LL#3 for 3pm - You have 2 LLs booked, 2pm & 3pm
  • 1pm: (2 hours after booking LL#2): Book LL#4 for 4pm - If allowed, you would now have 3 LLs booked, 2pm, 3pm, & 4pm

Since LL#1 meets "next booking" criteria #1 when you tap in at 11:30, and LL#2 (which was booked at 11am) meets criteria #2 at 1pm, then theoretically, it should be possible to have 3 LLs booked at once, unless Disney has put a restriction on the total number of G+ LL reservations you can have.

It appears that this is the case, seen on Twitter but it's still confusing.

wedenterprises

True. You might be able to beat that situation if you get all the must dos done before the last day so that you are not stuck with paying through the eyeballs, but that might not always be feasible.

Chapek is not winning against me. I'll pay for Genie+ but I'll cut something else to make it even.
We make good use of early entry.

I'm the same way, if I pay for G+ then I'm taking home less merch, or perhaps going for 1-2 less days in the park (if G+ works well then I might not need the extra days in the park or hotel).

UNCgolf

So you're saying... it may work better to just take recommendations as they come based on runtime conditions...

From a system that was built to give people recommendations based on runtime conditions...

View attachment 594498

:)

People have this 'first come, first serve' mindset about FP so engrained they are struggling to realize Disney may actually be enabling a 'adhoc' model...

I don't think anyone knew if they were going to release times in blocs throughout the day or just release them all at once. If they were all released at once, you'd need to grab them immediately or else risk missing out entirely.

DCLcruiser

Ex.:

So, the site we cannot name on Twitter is showing they currently have 3 stacked LLs.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That's a good question!
With a toddler, value to me isn't derived through money. Short waits are key. Like I said, lower than $9 would be nice but it's not the priority.

I wouldn't want my toddler waiting in anything past a posted 30min wait. If it was a must do and the last day of our holiday and the toddler was starting to get tired, I'd pay through my eyeballs to skip that line.

Sorry boys, chapek wins.

How did we manage to do the parks with 4 kids before Chapek? All hail Bob!!! 😉

djkidkaz

Just pointing out that paying doesn't avoid a wait in this instance, only change is where you wait.

Right but the idea would be to use that 25 minute difference to go ride something. So my option is to wait in a line 30 minutes to ride SDD for example. OR I could buy the LL, go ride Star Tours which has a 10 minute wait and then be back within that 25 minutes to get on Slinky. It all comes down to time management.

We went to Studios yesterday and all the main rides had 50+ minute waits with Slinky and Rise having 80 and 120. If my group of 5 had each been able to shell out $15 each, we would have gotten 2 additional hours back in the park to go do something else besides stand in a line for Rise. We Could spend all day comparing this to the system of old or how it used to be free but this is where we are at and what we have. So now it becomes how do I use this system to best maximize my time?

In the grand scheme of things, think about the amount of “junk” you can spend $15 on at WDW. Getting two hours of your life back is $2 cheaper than a balloon that will be in the trash just days after you arrive home from vacation.

mf1972

we check in next week. judging by the current wait times today, i’ll consider using the paid version & pay to ride option while at HS. everything else doesn’t look too bad so far.

Touchdown

May I make a suggestion, something that I think I recognized from the beginning but haven’t been able to fully articulate until now: Genie+ and ILL is not designed nor is for us.

It is designed for once in a lifetime families who don’t know our tricks, nor have our fortitude to be park warriors. This will help them get on 2-5 rides more a day and maybe even do one of the new rides.

As long as this doesn’t effect standby times, it changes nothing and I will still be able to do everything I want to do so fine with it. I won’t be purchasing but that’s ok. Disney makes more money from their cash cow demographic, I still enjoy Disney the way I like, win, win.

Let’s see how long it lasts and if Disney can keep from making the lines 80:20 LL to stand by again…

Jeff4272

Can anyone clarify for me: you can get one Lightning Lane selection at a time. But can you get one PAID Lightning Lane selection and also one of the unpaid ones from the regular $15/day Genie+ at the same time? Or is it one at a time regardless of whether they are paid?

For example: can you book Winnie the Pooh since it’s included in the paid $15/day Genie+ and then also buy one for Space Mountain at the same time? Or no because it’s a single LL regardless of paid “tier”?

Also, what do IAS and ILL stand for?

Thanks!
Individual Attraction Selection or Individual Lightning Lane (they are the same thing)

you can actually have 4........2 paid (at separate windows and 2 Genie+ and the genie+ can have the same times as the IAS)

CJR

Getting two hours of your life back is $2 cheaper than a balloon that will be in the trash just days after you arrive home from vacation.

That's a great point. It's easy to spend less on other things like F&B or merch to cover the cost of Genie+ and/or IAS.

A lot of taking from Bucket A (food, merch, etc) to supply Bucket B will no doubt take place.

Heath

Theme parks essentially started as parks. Even cemeteries were parks where families would go stroll, play, be together. Then a few rides were added such as a carousel. There was no itinerary needed. Today people spend their entire “vacation” buried in their phones, while at the gate, while in the line, while on the boat or monorail, while they eat. They miss the actual show, and details. No spontaneity. Only a zealously planned schedule. No exploring like kids on Huck Island. My strategy is ditching the app, ditching the phone, no strategizing and panicking like huddling people trying to get off the Titanic. I pick park or resort and see what I might just find. It’s the best way to get out of the madness of followers, and really enjoy the details of Disney, and be together as a family.

Last edited:

matt9112

That's how it's supposed to work. That way, you don't have to wait in line. The wait time for LL should nomally be longer than standby wait time, so that you are not getting ahead of people, you are joining the line, just waiting somewhere else more comfortable.

Waiting where? Are stores more comfortable? I mean especially with how decent some new ques are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom