Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

DCLcruiser

If at 2:22 the standby line is only 30 minutes, it will go down later and not worth paying, if a person can do it later.
Isn't Rat VQ/IAS only? There's no standby option.

Lmao they're trying to sell you an ILL on top of the VQ return time!?

Big brass ones.

The thing is saying that the person is in VQ 71, scheduled for 2:22. At that time they will join a line for 30 minutes. If they prefer, they can pay for an IAS (at the same or different time, maybe even earlier) and skip 30 minutes in the VQ line.

LovePop

Don't take this wrong way, but "I spend my vacation yelling at my children (who, btw, I can't stand talking to while waiting in line) like they're sled dogs and ignoring most of the ride because FastPass gives my life meaning" is one of the most bizarre things I've ever read on the Internet. And I've been to 4chan.
I've read that there are people who get on 17 rides a day by scoring fastpasses with a carefully laid out plan. I'm nothing in comparison.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Man, i can't even follow the acronyms at this point.

DG - Disney Genie, the Artificial Intelligence (AI) helper to guide you through the parks. Free update to My Disney Experience (MDE)

DG+ - Disney Genie+. For $15/day, you can grab Lightning Lanes for rides throughout the day.

LL - Lightning Lane. The new name for the FastPass queues. You get a LL 'pass' with either Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane purchases.

ILL - Individual Lightning Lane. The Lighting Lanes (FastPasses) you can buy individually. Limited to a few select rides and only two per day. Formerly called Individual Attraction Selection (IAS, or, IA$), but it seems Disney is now sticking with ILL.

TAFN. TTYL. HaMD.

LovePop

Isn't Rat VQ/IAS only? There's no standby option.

The thing is saying that the person is in VQ 71, scheduled for 2:22. At that time they will join a line for 30 minutes. If they prefer, they can pay for an IAS (at the same or different time, maybe even earlier) and skip 30 minutes in the VQ line.
Without standby, I mean virtual queue.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A VQ shouldn't stick you into a 30 minute standby line. If they're going to do that, what's the purpose of the VQ in the first place?

PSM

Can anyone clarify for me: you can get one Lightning Lane selection at a time. But can you get one PAID Lightning Lane selection and also one of the unpaid ones from the regular $15/day Genie+ at the same time? Or is it one at a time regardless of whether they are paid?

For example: can you book Winnie the Pooh since it’s included in the paid $15/day Genie+ and then also buy one for Space Mountain at the same time? Or no because it’s a single LL regardless of paid “tier”?

Also, what do IAS and ILL stand for?

Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Can anyone clarify for me: you can get one Lightning Lane selection at a time. But can you get one PAID Lightning Lane selection and also one of the unpaid ones from the regular $15/day Genie+ at the same time? Or is it one at a time regardless of whether they are paid?

For example: can you book Winnie the Pooh since it’s included in the paid $15/day Genie+ and then also buy one for Space Mountain at the same time? Or no because it’s a single LL regardless of paid “tier”?

Thanks!
Yes you can
IMG_0308.jpeg

JAB

The 120-minute window for next booking starts at park open. I don't think that was explained clearly.
Yes; I'm aware of that. I'm not sure you understood what I was asking.

The only criteria for booking your next G+ LL (as I understand them) are:
  1. When you tap in to a LL or
  2. Two hours after you book a LL (or 2 hours after park open, whichever is later)
So, my question was: can those criteria overlap in such a way that you can stack 3 (or more) LL reservations?

Ex.:
  • 9:00am (park open): Book LL#1 for 11:30am
  • 11:00am(2 hours after booking LL#1): Book LL#2 for 2pm - You now have 2 LLs booked, 11:30am & 2pm
  • 11:30am: Tap in to LL#1 & book LL#3 for 3pm - You have 2 LLs booked, 2pm & 3pm
  • 1:30pm: (2 hours after booking LL#3): Book LL#4 for 4pm - If allowed, you would now have 3 LLs booked, 2pm, 3pm, & 4pm

Since LL#1 meets "next booking" criteria #1 when you tap in at 11:30, and LL#2 (which was booked at 11am) meets criteria #2 at 1pm, then theoretically, it should be possible to have 3 LLs booked at once, unless Disney has put a restriction on the total number of G+ LL reservations you can have.

Edited to correct time of booking LL#4 from 1:00 (2 hours after LL#2) to 1:30 (2 hours after LL#3, which resets the timer).

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

ILL - Individual Lightning Lane. The Lighting Lanes (FastPasses) you can buy individually. Limited to a few select rides and only two per day. Formerly called Individual Attraction Selection (IAS, or, IA$), but it seems Disney is now sticking with ILL.

TAFN. TTYL. HaMD.
Ah, I did not realize they made a change. I see it in MDE app now. I will start using ILL (horrible... marketing needs to do better).

DCBaker

Premium Member
Can I get an acronym check please? 😭😭lol. What does ILL, SDD mean? and there was one other one that I don’t know. (ILS?)

thanks!

SDD is Slinky Dog Dash. See here for the rest -

DG - Disney Genie, the Artificial Intelligence (AI) helper to guide you through the parks. Free update to My Disney Experience (MDE)

DG+ - Disney Genie+. For $15/day, you can grab Lightning Lanes for rides throughout the day.

LL - Lightning Lane. The new name for the FastPass queues. You get a LL 'pass' with either Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane purchases.

TAFN. TTYL. HaMD.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok, so the premium paid ones on top of normal Genie+ are their own thing handled separately, correct? Almost like you’re working two different systems at the same times if you are paying for Genie+ and then also willing to pay for individual premium rides.
Yep that's it

DCLcruiser

A VQ shouldn't stick you into a 30 minute standby line. If they're going to do that, what's the purpose of the VQ in the first place?
While I have never used a VQ boarding group, my understanding is that is how it has worked for RotR and now Rat.

The point is to allow you to do other things instead of standing in a longer physical queue. 30 min in the future vs 60 min now.

VQ provides a time in the future for you to get in the queue. However, your boarding group may never be called, or it may be called at an inopportune time for you.

So, ILL allows you to 1) select a preferred time to ride, 2) avoid the VQ queue (VQQ LOL). You show up to the LL entrance and ride.

floydbeatle

Yes; I'm aware of that. I'm not sure you understood what I was asking.

The only criteria for booking your next G+ LL (as I understand them) are:
  1. When you tap in to a LL or
  2. Two hours after you book a LL (or 2 hours after park open, whichever is later)
So, my question was: can those criteria overlap in such a way that you can stack 3 (or more) LL reservations?

Ex.:
  • 9:00am (park open): Book LL#1 for 11:30am
  • 11:00am(2 hours after booking LL#1): Book LL#2 for 2pm - You now have 2 LLs booked, 11:30am & 2pm
  • 11:30am: Tap in to LL#1 & book LL#3 for 3pm - You have 2 LLs booked, 2pm & 3pm
  • 1pm: (2 hours after booking LL#2): Book LL#4 for 4pm - If allowed, you would now have 3 LLs booked, 2pm, 3pm, & 4pm

Since LL#1 meets "next booking" criteria #1 when you tap in at 11:30, and LL#2 (which was booked at 11am) meets criteria #2 at 1pm, then theoretically, it should be possible to have 3 LLs booked at once, unless Disney has put a restriction on the total number of G+ LL reservations you can have.
This post has caused me PTSD! I feel like I am studying for the SATs all over again. This is too much... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom