Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

LovePop

I would guess, most people are in a standby for another attraction. Some might use the time to grab lunch.

Outside of a few locations, there's no real point to shop since the same merchandise is mostly available everywhere, including at hotels.
I don't mean you have to shop. I mention shopping because it is usually done in an AC environment, which is more comfortable than standing around in Stand By. We never shop; we eat or get in another attraction with little wait.

Rider

DAS guests can now make selections from the app.
5D84EA1C-3829-41FC-9297-F4D9DB73C0E1.png

ECBC1903-89C4-4C30-AB9B-A9E37BBB71C0.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This person is saying time slots can be rescheduled if something is available, if so may explain the availabile times jumping around.
Need more people to report though.View attachment 594475
DG+LLs have always been "rebookable" since reported on from the media day.

If by "rebookable" you mean "canceling a DG+LL and getting a new one." If the new one is for the same ride when a slot opens up, then, it's rebooked for the same ride.

Waters Back Side

The only ride on Genie + tier which seems could be the hardest to get if you wait later is SDD. I got lucky once at 1100 and saw a booking for 710pm. Since then nothing. Every other park and Genie + ride shows availability at decent times. Same for the ILLs other then Rise.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Also with Rise being down, ILL users are being given any anytime pass. Wonder if they will open to LL first or both at the same time.
I wonder at what point a refund would be issued? If I pay $15 to ride at 10 am, it is perfectly reasonable that I’d have a dinner reservation at Epcot and be unable to use my ILL if the ride is closed many many hours. Hopefully it doesn’t stay closed that long, but if it did, I wonder what the process would be. It was different with BGs. Now people are paying.

wedenterprises

Wait 30 minutes, or book LL for $9 and wait 25 to enter the LL....View attachment 594458
So $LL is essentially a gamble? That 30 minute line could be 60 by the time your arrival window opens, or it could be 15.

EDIT: 30 minutes is a long time to wait in a line with kids. I'd much rather spend the 25min running around outside with them. Of coruse the $9 could be lower ...

AmishGuy91

I wonder at what point a refund would be issued? If I pay $15 to ride at 10 am, it is perfectly reasonable that I’d have a dinner reservation at Epcot and be unable to use my ILL if the ride is closed many many hours. Hopefully it doesn’t stay closed that long, but if it did, I wonder what the process would be. It was different with BGs. Now people are paying.
Since you bought a ILL for a specific time, if you are unable to ride during that specific time, I think you'd qualify for a refund if you go to Guest Services. I wonder if at that point they would take away your anytime pass or let it be.

LovePop

I don't like to wait in Standby, so I always get fastpass even if it's only to saves 5 minutes. Fastpass is just a fun thing to get, like a scavenger hunt. It gives purpose for the day at the park. However, it is an exciting, stressful way of doing WDW. People who are more patient and even tempered than me can easily enjoy waiting in a standby line that isn't excessively long. They can chat with family and admire the standby decorations, and make it a leisurely experience. It's something I can't do. I always blaze through WDW. I constantly yell at my teens to walk faster, even though I'm normally the slowest walker in the family. Sometimes I spend most of my time on a ride staring at my phone, trying to get a fastpass for the next ride. Doesn't matter which ride just as long as I get a fastpass for it. It's super exciting. I'm normally low energy, but in WDW I suddenly have more energy than all my teens combined. That's why fastpass/Genie+ is extremely important to me.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Are you guys mad or happy about this?

So far it works for people who want to schedule their rides, and so far it works for people who don't.
I think they are pointing out the comedic ridiculousness of Disney trying to get people to pay for something (LL access) when LL will be no faster than current wait times. I know I’m laughing at it.

DCLcruiser

So far, this new LL system seems basically like the old systems and would not alter my strategies that have worked for decades. Paying for an IAS is just an extra perk if you want to use it. For RotR, I would use it (hopefully it doesn't break down).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For clarification, you can book your second attraction immediately after you use your first booking OR two hours after your first booking... whichever happens first... correct?
Actually, if you book a LL and don't show, I believe the countdown of 2 hours starts when that ride window expires an hour later. But since you can cancel a LL that you won't use, it's mostly theoretical.

But, yes, for all intents and purposes, you are correct.

When you tap into a LL, start the process of grabbing your next one! (Just like FP+ after your third one was used.)

dreday3

I think they are pointing out the comedic ridiculousness of Disney trying to get people to pay for something (LL access) when LL will be no faster than current wait times. I know I’m laughing at it.

As already explained, that's not why people will get it.

Again, it helps those that prefer to schedule a ride in advance and doesn't seem to be hurting those that don't.

DisneyCane

I don't like to wait in Standby, so I always get fastpass even if it's only to saves 5 minutes. Fastpass is just a fun thing to get, like a scavenger hunt. It gives purpose for the day at the park. However, it is an exciting, stressful way of doing WDW. People who are more patient and even tempered than me can easily enjoy waiting in a standby line that isn't excessively long. They can chat with family and admire the standby decorations, and make it a leisurely experience. It's something I can't do. I always blaze through WDW. I constantly yell at my teens to walk faster, even though I'm normally the slowest walker in the family. Sometimes I spend most of my time on a ride staring at my phone, trying to get a fastpass for the next ride. Doesn't matter which ride just as long as I get a fastpass for it. It's super exciting. I'm normally low energy, but in WDW I suddenly have more energy than all my teens combined. That's why fastpass/Genie+ is extremely important to me.
The good news is that Disney will be more than happy to take your $15 per day per person so you can challenge yourself with getting LL.

LovePop

So $LL is essentially a gamble? That 30 minute line could be 60 by the time your arrival window opens, or it could be 15.

EDIT: 30 minutes is a long time to wait in a line with kids. I'd much rather spend the 25min running around outside with them. Of coruse the $9 could be lower ...
That's true. It also means if you can beat it somehow, like catch it when the wait is 15, or go later, you are saving yourself $$ each time. Like a game. See how much you can save each day at WDW!

LovePop

The good news is that Disney will be more than happy to take your $15 per day per person so you can challenge yourself with getting LL.
Yeah, personally I'm fine with that. We'll just take the money out of other things, like eating ADRs, so that my totally money donated to Disney will remain the same, or maybe be reduced. Disney can try to suck more money out of me. I can control it by closing the valve elsewhere.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom