Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

We are definitely getting the Genie+, just in case. If it doesn't work out, we might skip it next trip. But the first time, you should try it. Otherwise imagine how sad it is to be in Disney World without fastpass when everybody around you has it.
All of the current wait times in HS are lower than the return times for Genie+..........

Not much of a value here other than SDD

Patcheslee

Wait 30 minutes, or book LL for $9 and wait 25 to enter the LL.... Screenshot_20211019-113407_Disney World.jpg

dreday3

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
How so? The park didn't open until 9:00am, regardless of how early I woke up. As it was, we had to circle around HS several times because they wouldn't let any vehicles into the parking lot before 7:30am. We were first in line at the non-early entry turnstiles and by the time we got to the tail end of RotR the posted wait time was 160 minutes, close to our actual wait of 155 minutes.
Ah yes, I'll absolutely concede that this system sucks if you're staying off property.

Jeff4272

Wait 30 minutes, or book LL for $9 and wait 25 to enter the LL....View attachment 594458
LOL........Mr. Penguin, where are you?

Great job WDW!

who the heck would pay for this?

I go back to my earlier post:

Buy the one top IAS ride in each park and then standby everything else........

Not worth the $ in any way shape or form

Now lets hear the angry guys come at me again

UNCgolf

If they're going to release inventory throughout the day, then booking something 4 hours away seems like a bad decision for most people. Just book something that has availability sometime soon even if it's something minor and then keep checking for more release times of the attraction you wanted. That way you're able to use Genie+ for more attractions overall since the 2 hour window resets once you use your current one instead of having to wait two more hours.

Last edited:

pdude81

If they're going to release inventory throughout the day, then booking something 4 hours away seems like a bad decision for most people. Just book something that has availability sometime soon even if it's something minor and then keep checking for more release times of the attraction you wanted. That way you're able to use Genie+ for more attractions overall since the 2 hour window resets once you use your current one instead of having to wait two hours.
Unless you want to stack for later and ride standby early. I'm waiting to see if these are exclusive windows like FP or if you could have a 2pm and a 2:30. Even if I was able to pick up a 2p, 3p, 4p, etc. that could be a preferred option for some.

diggity16

Haven’t seen this answered yet, forgive me if I missed it. We have a party of 7 going in November but different families. Will one of us have to book the IAS for everyone on one MDX account and just take the charge? We can spilt it up later, but would like to know what to expect…

UNCgolf

Unless you want to stack for later and ride standby early. I'm waiting to see if these are exclusive windows like FP or if you could have a 2pm and a 2:30. Even if I was able to pick up a 2p, 3p, 4p, etc. that could be a preferred option for some.

Yeah, I meant if standby lines are already long.

hopemax

So are there still standby lanes for everything except Remy? If so, the best plan would be to rope drop the most popular ILL rides right? Like RotR
Not necessarily. So many people think rope drop is best, it ends up not being best. You really have to be at the front of the wave, not the back or you get 90 min or 2 hr waits. Now that resort guests have EE, you are more likely going to end up in the back half.

I find the “do it at closing” works better. Or in some cases like at Harry Potter and FOP, lunchtime. There will be a long wait, but you hit a temporary valley point. If you zigged while rope droppers zagged and got stuck in 2 hr waits and knocked off 3 or 4 things before their wait times rose, you have bought yourself the ability to stand in 1 60 minute line. I’m okay with 10, 10, 10, 60. Others hate the 60 so much they would rather do 10, 20, 30, 40. Even though their total is 100 min and mine is only 90.

Jeff4272

Not necessarily. So many people think rope drop is best, it ends up not being best. You really have to be at the front of the wave, not the back or you get 90 min or 2 hr waits. Now that resort guests have EE, you are more likely going to end up in the back half.

I find the “do it at closing” works better. Or in some cases like at Harry Potter and FOP, lunchtime. There will be a long wait, but you hit a temporary valley point. If you zigged while rope droppers zagged and got stuck in 2 hr waits and knocked off 3 or 4 things before their wait times rose, you have bought yourself the ability to stand in 1 60 minute line. I’m okay with 10, 10, 10, 60. Others hate the 60 so much they would rather do 10, 20, 30, 40. Even though their total is 100 min and mine is only 90.
I did Harry Porter at closing at Hollywood Studios my last trip and didnt wait at all

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It is not different than FP really when it comes to making decisions...you got a FP for an attraction you thought was worth it. Sometimes the short queue didn't make it worth it. Difference is that you have to pay now...which hopefully means that LL queue won't be as long as FP queues, and won't destroy standby lines at the same time...

Ripken10

Just thinking about how we keep seeing drops of inventory for the Genie+ selections, I am wondering if Disney is releasing inventory based on purchases, and everytime the total genie+ purchases reaches a predetermined level, a % of inventory is released that people can select from. If true, it is likely something we will see happen more often early on, and level off in the coming days. There is some reasons this would make sense and be beneficial, but certainly would look odd to us following on a day like today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom