Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Waters Back Side

You have to go to My Day (next to My Future Plans) and change it to the first day of your valid admission ticket. Then you should be able to scroll down to a bar that allows you to add Genie+

Thank you! When I did that (changed it to Dec 27th my first park day) and scrolled down to the purple bar to purchase Genie+ it brought me to a page to change my reservations where it showed my travel party, resort, ME info, theme park tickets and the total price. It said to modify to call them. Not sure why. I'll have to call them.

Chi84

Premium Member
Thank you! When I did that (changed it to Dec 27th my first park day) and scrolled down to the purple bar to purchase Genie+ it brought me to a page to change my reservations where it showed my travel party, resort, ME info, theme park tickets and the total price. It said to modify to call them. Not sure why. I'll have to call them.
Maybe it's because you are trying to buy for other people? I just purchased for myself and my husband did the same on his app.

pdude81

Maybe it's because you are trying to buy for other people? I just purchased for myself and my husband did the same on his app.
Could it be that WBS has a package booked as opposed to separate resort and ticket info? I wonder if it has to do with packages or not, and whether those packages were self-booked or using a travel agent.

Waters Back Side

I think you might be correct. I have 6 people I can see...the 5 of us staying at a Disney Resort and my Dad is staying at the Wyndham for 4 of the 8 days we are there and I do not think he is eligible to purchase in advance. You'd think they'd would let me just select the 5 i have reserved with park ticket and the resort.

jpinkc

I am waiting to decide if its worth it for us in Nov, I have to pay Saturday. So far this doesnt look very good to me. It looks more and more like I said from the beginning a Crass Cash Grab by TWDC!!!

dreday3

Could it be that WBS has a package booked as opposed to separate resort and ticket info? I wonder if it has to do with packages or not, and whether those packages were self-booked or using a travel agent.

I think you might be correct. I have 6 people I can see...the 5 of us staying at a Disney Resort and my Dad is staying at the Wyndham for 4 of the 8 days we are there and I do not think he is eligible to purchase in advance. You'd think they'd would let me just select the 5 i have reserved with park ticket and the resort.

If you have a package, you have modify the entire reservation - leads you to a screen where it lists everything, go to modify tickets and then you can add it from there.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Its 11am. If I woke up now to buy SDD I could for 7:10pm. 10 minutes ago there was no time available.
It seems to be sold out, yet only has a 75 min standby line (which doesn't seem terrible). Is that queue length relatively "normal" for how long that line would be this time of year, or is there evidence that LL is significantly impacting the standby wait?

RoadiJeff

You have a point there. But then, aren't you taking a chance either way? RotR can go down during the IAS ticket also. Or does it more likely go down in the evening, like the system got tired after working all day?
I figure that if it goes down early in the day there's more time left and a better chance that it'll be back up sometime later that same day. I've seen in the app where it has gone down early in the evening and hasn't come back. I've wondered if they sometime do that to give them more time to fix something for the next day but who knows.

LovePop

But I bet most of us will still go. In the immortal words of Pogo: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

I'm not sure why that's obviously better. In the current model, I can decide if I want to pay the $15 or not. Sometimes I might want to, other times I won't. If it ends up getting folded into admission no matter what, I don't get to choose.

What's more, we know what happens if everyone has access to it. It was called FP+, and it had plenty of problems---maybe the most significant of which was that it was too popular.
The current model is good for generating more income for Disney especially if as they also raise park prices. That way, they get both benefits.

LovePop

I figure that if it goes down early in the day there's more time left and a better chance that it'll be back up sometime later that same day. I've seen int he app where it has gone down early in the evening and hasn't come back. I've wondered if they sometime do that to give them more time to fix something for the next day but who knows.
So then it's better to buy the IAS ticket for RotR early in the day and skip it if only later times are available.

jpinkc

So then it's better to buy the IAS ticket for RotR early in the day and skip it if only later times are available.
See thats a no go for our Family, since we have not ridden it yet. So it sounds like TWDC will be getting to me for 4 ILL's no matter what to get a decent ride time. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

DisneyCane

I'm not sure why that's obviously better. In the current model, I can decide if I want to pay the $15 or not. Sometimes I might want to, other times I won't. If it ends up getting folded into admission no matter what, I don't get to choose.

What's more, we know what happens if everyone has access to it. It was called FP+, and it had plenty of problems---maybe the most significant of which was that it was too popular.
That is true. I guess the best model would have been to keep everything standby only and cap attendance with the reservation system to keep the lines somewhat reasonable. Raise the prices to compensate for the lost attendance.

I have no intention to pay for Genie+ or ILL. If standby is intolerable then I'll just not renew my annual pass next year and get my theme park fill elsewhere.

Waters Back Side

If you have a package, you have modify the entire reservation - leads you to a screen where it lists everything, go to modify tickets and then you can add it from there.

Thank you again. There is no option to modify only call. I'm not worried. Maybe its the type of resort reservation and ticket package I have. Ill call them and add it eventually for length of stay.

LovePop

I am waiting to decide if its worth it for us in Nov, I have to pay Saturday. So far this doesnt look very good to me. It looks more and more like I said from the beginning a Crass Cash Grab by TWDC!!!
We are definitely getting the Genie+, just in case. If it doesn't work out, we might skip it next trip. But the first time, you should try it. Otherwise imagine how sad it is to be in Disney World without fastpass when everybody around you has it.

Patcheslee

Who wouldn't want that Laugh Floor LL in a few hours? LOL
It was available for 1pm at 7am this morning, assumed they didn't plan to open till later

Answers to when you can make a second Genie Lightning Lane selection at Walt Disney World theme parks​

The shows at HS time slots are for 20-25 minutes before showtime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom