Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

I tried to look at IAS and Genie+ but it wont let me in because i do not have park tickets....Said i need to link park tickets first

G00fyDad

They showed as closed for me just now. Closed the app and reopened and they still show as closed.
Literally just now.
Screenshot_20211019-075250_Disney World.jpg

Waters Back Side

Just poking around...Why when I check my dates in the my day section does it say for the 27th of December I can make reservations in 1 day? I leave in 69 days. 9 days from now I can mke dining reservations for entire length of stay (up to 10 days). It also shows this for the 28th (2 days) etc. I though I have to wait 9 days from now and make reservations for my entire length of stay.

EDIT...I think its basing it on making a day of reservation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-075210_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-075210_Disney World.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 44

TimeTrip

2 quick questions.......

1) Can you choose your return time for IAS purchase?
2) for SDMT, where it says window starts at 1pm, does that mean people bought all the availability prior to 1pm already?
Re: #2 I posted some screenshots where ROTR went from later than 2pm and then back to 10am. So... Who knows?

Waters Back Side

Slinky Dog shows 4:25pm availability now where as 20 minutes ago it showed 5:30pm. Perhaps this confirms they will scatter availability.

It is interesting if the availability times show differently for each guest as their party size might be different. A party of 2 might get on at noon whereas a party of 6 might have to wait until 3pm etc..

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Slinky Dog shows 4:25pm availability now where as 20 minutes ago it showed 5:30pm. Perhaps this confirms they will scatter availability.

It is interesting if the availability times show differently for each guest as their party size might be different. A party of 2 might get on at noon whereas a party of 6 might have to wait until 3pm etc..
Maybe they are saving it for Genie+ MAX which for an additional fee, on top of an additional fee, on top of an additional fee, will allow you to name your own return time.

rmclain73

By selecting refresh I was able to see a 12:45pm return for slinky after first seeing a 5:25pm.

ctrlaltdel

Re: #2 I posted some screenshots where ROTR went from later than 2pm and then back to 10am. So... Who knows?
Not sure if you can cancel IAS but that would seem to be the logical explanation: someone with earlier return times canceled and freed up that return time (albeit, a limited amount).

nickys

Premium Member
@wdwmagic, do you think it might be a good idea to have a new thread for actual info / questions etc now that it’s up and running?

Leave those that want to debate endlessly about the merits or otherwise to carry on in this thread?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It seems that Disney is sticking with "Individual Lightning Lane" for what was once called "Individual Attraction Service."

So, death to IA$! Long live ILL!!*

*Of course, in various blogs, websites, Tweets, brochures, Disney will continue to confuse everyone by continuing to call it by various other names such as we've already seen:
  • Lightning Lane Select Experiences
  • Individual Attraction Selections (IAS)
  • Individual Attractions
  • Individual Lightning Lanes (ILL) (!!)
  • Individual á la carte Lightning Lane Entrance

Waters Back Side

By selecting refresh I was able to see a 12:45pm return for slinky after first seeing a 5:25pm.

Anyway you slice it my strategy will be to grab Slinky first and enter the park after 10am. I'll have my next choice at 11..I'll choose Smugglers. I'm always going with the two highest demand no matter the times or how long I need to wait before grabbing another LL. Then I'll use the tip board to check anything either waits to stand in to mill some time as well as do any shows or other things. I think to me at least, the most obvious is to grab the ride that is in highest demand (if you plan to ride it) mo matter what time.

TimeTrip

So for Animal Kingdom - it seems we won't be able to schedule safari until the park actually opens, right?
Until the ride opens. It still showed as closed before 815 probably bc it wasn't scheduled to open until 815.

As of 815 you can book again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-081320.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-081320.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 49

hopemax

And now it's back to 10am. What gives?
I assume Disney doesn’t know how large to make the Lightning Lane buckets yet. They started with a guesstimate and now we all will be watching how fast they get distributed and the effects on Standby wait times. Disney will be playing around with the buckets a lot these first couple weeks, months, and for today probably in real time.

I just would hate to the person who gets a late time, these 5PM slots, only for earlier times to get refilled later.

Looking at possible pinch points. Rise for $$ does seem to be selling, as well as Remy. But people don’t seem to be paying for FOP. Return times for FOP are before 9:00 still.

For regular LL… in MK it’s JC & Peter Pan followed by HM and BTMRR for seeing times start to push out to early lunch, SDD, Smuggler’s Run, and several other things in the 10:30-11:00 windows at DHS, Soarin, Test Track.

Jeff4272

Can someone please clarify....It has been asked several times but I have not been able to get clarification...

I have 2 questions

For resort guests:

1) When you went to purchase IAS (ROTR or MMRR........SDMT or Space Mtn...........FOP or Everest..........Frozen or Rat)...............Where you able to choose your return time?

2) Could you overlap time if you purchased both?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom