Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

kong1802

Disney really should offer a service in Genie for a food delivery while you are standing in standby line.

Then they hand you this outside of HM:

1634589966770.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

A look at Walt Disney World's new Augmented Reality Lenses launching as part of Disney Genie+​

This is great. We'll able to buy our own Augmented Reality Fireworks show and watch it going off over our shoulder in selfie-mode! I can watch HEA while the guest next to me is watching Wishes!! No need to crowd the hub! We'll just watch it at our leisure!!!

$4.99 per show.

JAB

With all the pizza talk...

Queue options as represented by pizza:
  • Base ticket & standby: Cheese pizza.
  • Genie+: Single fixed price to add any of the toppings from a list to the cheese pizza: Onions, green peppers, olives, pineapple (if you're a lunatic 😏), etc. - double toppings not allowed.
  • ILL: Variable, per-topping price for "popular" toppings: Sausage, pepperoni, etc. - only two per pizza.

UNCgolf

We really like the pizza they serve, but it's all a matter of taste, and I'm not surprised others feel differently.

I think it's fine, and I definitely understand enjoying the customization options (I've never been to the one at DS and can't imagine I ever will, but the one near me is perfectly acceptable).

I'm not surprised that people enjoy eating there. I am surprised that it gets such long lines -- last time I was there there was like a 30-45 minute line for people to get Blaze even though there are plenty of other good QS options (including some that are much better than Blaze IMO like Polite Pig) that did not have that kind of wait.

mikejs78

Premium Member
With all the pizza talk...

Queue options as represented by pizza:
  • Base ticket & standby: Cheese pizza.
  • Genie+: Single fixed price to add any of the toppings from a list to the cheese pizza: Onions, green peppers, olives, pineapple (if you're a lunatic 😏), etc. - double toppings not allowed.
  • ILL: Variable, per-topping price for "popular" toppings: Sausage, pepperoni, etc. - only two per pizza.
Now I'm hungry.

Chi84

Premium Member
Are we literally talking about pizza or is pizza an analogy for the Genie app?
I like sausage and pepperoni pizza.
I am not sure about Genie G+ or ILL yet. The launch is tomorrow. Let’s see how it goes.

mikejs78

Premium Member
This article is fake news. Clearly Pizzafari is the best pizza on Disney property.

vikescaper

I shouldn’t have looked at that article because I am now craving PizzeRizzo pizza…🤤

LittleBuford

I think it's fine, and I definitely understand enjoying the customization options (I've never been to the one at DS and can't imagine I ever will, but the one near me is perfectly acceptable).

I'm not surprised that people enjoy eating there. I am surprised that it gets such long lines -- last time I was there there was like a 30-45 minute line for people to get Blaze even though there are plenty of other good QS options (including some that are much better than Blaze IMO like Polite Pig) that did not have that kind of wait.
Our choices are limited because of my partner’s veganism, and we found that the line moves quickly. It’s definitely not for everyone, but it’s one of our go-to places at DS.

UNCgolf

WDW as a whole does really well with vegan options. But yes, a dedicated non-meat eatery at DS would be awesome and, I think, quite popular.

I also think it would be very popular and probably attract more overall business to Disney Springs. A vegetarian/vegan option on the menu is great, but it's not remotely comparable to an actual vegetarian/vegan restaurant with many options. I think there are a lot of people who would go to DS specifically to eat there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom