Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

ppete1975

Your LLs for the day are limited by waiting until your LL scheduled time arrives, or by waiting 2 hours for the next one. And it's also limited that you can't buy more than two IA$s (ILLs) in one day. And it's limited that you can't get more than one LL for any one attraction in a day.

At the beginning of the day, everyone theoretically can start out with 4 LLs (one DG+ picked at 7 AM, one picked at 9 AM, and 2 purchased ILLs).

It used to be that everyone started out with 3 FP+s that they could have picked 30 or 60 days previously. And once people used their 3 FP+s, they can grab another. And when that was used, another.

So... not much different. Except having to pay for it. Which would should make LLs less common than FP+s.
true and something ive thought about, i guess my biggest issue is that they are basically forcing you to buy it, where before it was "free" (included in your ticket). So people that can afford it will, and the people that can barely get in the gate or that really saved up for years for this one trip for their kids are "punished". I just hate how slowly its becoming a class system. I am sure I am not the only person who the first time i came was as a little kid and my parents saved for a long time to give their kids that magical trip. I know im not the only person that feels they are pushing anyone that is middle class out. Upper middle class or bust!!

dreday3

true and something ive thought about, i guess my biggest issue is that they are basically forcing you to buy it, where before it was "free" (included in your ticket). So people that can afford it will, and the people that can barely get in the gate or that really saved up for years for this one trip for their kids are "punished". I just hate how slowly its becoming a class system. I am sure I am not the only person who the first time i came was as a little kid and my parents saved for a long time to give their kids that magical trip. I know im not the only person that feels they are pushing anyone that is middle class out. Upper middle class or bust!!

We are middle class and I feel fine about it. It is what it is, it's not going to go backwards.

If it seems for future trips that it's something we will find necessary, then we just save a bit longer.

CaptainAmerica

i guess my biggest issue is that they are basically forcing you to buy it, where before it was "free" (included in your ticket).
The thing that you can buy and the thing that was "free" are not the same thing.

Genie+ is not FastPass+, because not everyone will have it. I've used the analogy before, but FastPass+ was a free public pool. Genie+ is a paid private pool. The paid private pool is going to be a better experience than the free public pool.

Casper Gutman

The thing that you can buy and the thing that was "free" are not the same thing.

Genie+ is not FastPass+, because not everyone will have it. I've used the analogy before, but FastPass+ was a free public pool. Genie+ is a paid private pool. The paid private pool is going to be a better experience than the free public pool.
I have asked this repeatedly, but what makes you think most people won’t have Disney+? What, based on past experience, makes you think Disney won’t make every effort to force people to use the system?

Patcheslee

I’m going to wait on this. I really don’t expect purchasing unless the one ride per day limit is increased or the ILL gets rolled into Genie+ price.
The reride limit is a let down. Honestly if there's still a time slot for the same thing still available within 2 hrs or the time window, how is it going to keep others from enjoying? The only logic I can think of is they don't want people to stay in the same area for long periods of time.

jpinkc

SSoooo let me get this straight. ILL Rides, wont have a VQ at all?? They are strictly $$$ only attractions now? So Remy and RoTR will not offer VQ? If they do offer VQ for ILL rides is it going to be the lottery system like we had with RoTR again for all of them? Thats crazy!

dig311dug

SSoooo let me get this straight. ILL Rides, wont have a VQ at all?? They are strictly $$$ only attractions now? So Remy and RoTR will not offer VQ? If they do offer VQ for ILL rides is it going to be the lottery system like we had with RoTR again for all of them? Thats crazy!
HAB! (Holy Acronym Batman!)

But seriously... I can't keep up with DW acronyms anymore...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom