Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

No. Off-site can't book IAS at 7am like resort guests, but everyone can book their first Lightning Lane pass.
Oh ok....I read it wrong........so anyone buying Genie+ can book at 7am but resort only guests can book IAS at 7am and non resort at park opening.........

One more question, do you know if resort guests can book both IAS at 7am?

Last edited:

Jeff4272

I saw that Paris just lowered the cost of their Premier access, meaning not a lot of people were buying it..........Is there any correlation to Paris and WDW? I know its obviously new and never been done in WDW but I didnt know if there were other things that were simultaneously adopted at both parks that didnt work out in the past

I guess what im asking is, is WDW management concerned that this will not be successful as they originally thought?

dreday3

I'm freaking out.

I just got my Touring Plans update for our late October trip... almost all my chosen park days have decreased to crowd level 1s!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My DHS days decreased to a 3!

Is this for real?

Stay in your lamp Genie, we don't need ya! :D

Great article from TP explaining above. It is real!

pdude81

Any change in the projected start date for WDW now that they are letting people have bonus reservation in mid October for AP? I assume this means that attendance is way down compared to what they were expecting.

Waters Back Side

I guess we find out the price of the IAS rides day of? Curious if they will have a price for the rides in the calendar. We already know there will be a range depending on, time of year, ride itself, park etc.

Shiuld we just assume the holidays amd spring break will be when to expect the IAS rides to be the highest (which was somewhere around $20-$24 dollars)? Advanced notice for those who intend on purchasing the ride(s) of prices would be nice.

Jrb1979

I guess we find out the price of the IAS rides day of? Curious if they will have a price for the rides in the calendar. We already know there will be a range depending on, time of year, ride itself, park etc.

Shiuld we just assume the holidays amd spring break will be when to expect the IAS rides to be the highest (which was somewhere around $20-$24 dollars)? Advanced notice for those who intend on purchasing the ride(s) of prices would be nice.
I don't think you will get much advanced notice as the price changes depending on attendance.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Any change in the projected start date for WDW now that they are letting people have bonus reservation in mid October for AP? I assume this means that attendance is way down compared to what they were expecting.
Well if the launch date that I know of I going to happen, we should be hearing something VERY soon.

pdude81

Do you know if the DL launch will be at the same time, or is it coming at a later date? Or before WDW?
I believe he's said it'll be a few weeks later at DL, and I don't remember seeing any pictures/articles about LL signs showing up out west. Just some removal of FP signage. I know nothing, however

Creathir

DL is coming later, not by much though. Likely no more than a month behind.
Cool cool.

A friend of mine's son has a brain tumor which will be operated on at the beginning of November, and the family headed to DL next week so they can make it to SWGE before the surgery. They were really hoping Genie+ would be running by then, but it doesn't sound like that is the case.

They'll still have a blast!

Thanks @wdwmagic !

pdude81

Cool cool.

A friend of mine's son has a brain tumor which will be operated on at the beginning of November, and the family headed to DL next week so they can make it to SWGE before the surgery. They were really hoping Genie+ would be running by then, but it doesn't sound like that is the case.

They'll still have a blast!

Thanks @wdwmagic !
Same here on the DL front. Going out for Halloween and a chunk of the first week. I don't mind riding standby, but was looking forward to seeing the new system and whether it actually helped cut out some of my advance planning. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom