Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

DisneyDodo

That's true, but isn't the idea that fewer people will use a paid system, so the standby lines won't be as long as they were with the free FP+ system?
Assuming they allocate fewer passes for LL than they did FP, the impact should be comparatively lower, but there will still be an effect

DisneyDodo

Even if they allocate the same, will as many people buy it that used it for free? No way Jose
Certainly not as many people, but if the allocated capacity is the same, the people who do get G+ will just get more LLs on average than the average number of FPs guests got with FP+

themarchhare

Really hope they hold off on this until the start of 2022 after all of the backlash this past week (and past several months). Or indefinitely.

Hawg G

I don't think think it's WDW demand death, I think it's tourism demand death, courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

JetBlue is advertising flights from Providence to Orlando for $64. That's insane.

I saw a tweet this morning that there are only like 400 people on the current Disney cruise. Disney has been on the “OMG were all gonna die” side for over a year. They are reaping what they sowed.

Then they blow off what should have been the biggest event in the history of theme parks and phone it in with some popcorn buckets and a new fireworks show offering nothing new. I’m sure glad I went a week earlier when Portofino Bay was $200 a night with AP.

There were so many ride issues at WDW, it blew me away. They gave no $#!+$ about having the “show” in top tier form for the “celebration”.

Hawg G

Is Ratatouille really considered a flop already?

I considered it overrated when I rode it in previews in Paris. It’s a kids D ticket. Yeah, it was expensive, but it isn’t an E, not even close. And that is fine, if Disney also put in E tickets, and didn’t hype everything as E. And of course the Diznoids think Disney can do no wrong, and will tweet how amazing the ride is, leading to disappointment for many.

EPCOT is a D ticket park. I know many will argue, but I don’t think anything there is E ticket today, Soarin is an IMAX movie. Space is super complex, yet does very little. TT is just tired.

Guardians REALLY needs to be epic. But until I see otherwise, it looks to be another coaster in the dark, with perhaps a stop or two in front of a screen or maybe an AA. It’ll be fun, and will have a massive line. But only because EPCOT has so little else. And nothing else will show up for at least 5 years.

Purduevian

So... Rumors are this is going to launch in 11 days on October 17th. How much of a warning/announcement are we expecting? Asking for someone that will be in DHS on October 17th...

dreday3

So... Rumors are this is going to launch in 11 days on October 17th. How much of a warning/announcement are we expecting? Asking for someone that will be in DHS on October 17th...

It feels like radio silence at this point!

We arrive that week also and I'm now thinking it won't be starting during our trip.

nickys

Premium Member
If Rise was random then my family wouldn't likely have gotten it 5 out of 6 tries at 7am and 1/1 the only time I had to try in the afternoon. Back in the early days when you had to be in the park to try and pull of a BG while waiting in a rope drop line, I believe it was somewhat random. These days I'd have hit the button within a second or two of 7am and my wife would have a boarding group before the next page even tried to load for me.

Now it wasn't fair that speed, skill, practice, advance knowledge, etc. made a big difference, but if you followed the procedures it was not hard to achieve at least 50% of the time.
All true.

The problem for me was that there was no alternative. If there had been a standby line if you failed to ge5 a BG at least people would have had that choice. I know several people who went and didn’t get a BG, and didn’t have another opportunity. There were people who posted here that it ruined their trip. Now whilst I agree that they perhaps should have managed their expectations better, I understood the disappointment.

It’s easy for regular park goers to say it wasn’t a problem to get one 50% of the time. If you only had one chance and failed to get one then that would be of little consolation.

Don’t get me wrong, I know why they used it for Rise. I’m just glad I don’t have to go through that. I have practiced but never had to do so for real.

Using it for Remy is just stupid, it isn’t needed.

Patcheslee

All true.

The problem for me was that there was no alternative. If there had been a standby line if you failed to ge5 a BG at least people would have had that choice. I know several people who went and didn’t get a BG, and didn’t have another opportunity. There were people who posted here that it ruined their trip. Now whilst I agree that they perhaps should have managed their expectations better, I understood the disappointment.

It’s easy for regular park goers to say it wasn’t a problem to get one 50% of the time. If you only had one chance and failed to get one then that would be of little consolation.

Don’t get me wrong, I know why they used it for Rise. I’m just glad I don’t have to go through that. I have practiced but never had to do so for real.

Using it for Remy is just stupid, it isn’t needed.
That partially (on top of 2020 craziness) swayed our decision to wait for a visit. Ride goals being RotR and SR, it seemed to be a smart decision to wait a bit for a better chance vs possibly not get on.
Remy isn't even our radar for ride goals just a "if we happen to ride, good", Soarin' still has a higher priority in our group. MK train still is a big one though if it ever comes back gah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom