Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Waters Back Side

Do you guys have a hard time hitting rope drop?

If I went alone or it was my wife and I we would consider it. We might do early entry on our AK day since it's the only park we are doing once and run over to Everest. We will see.

Generally we arrive between 1030 and noon and spend until the park closes. In the past we would usually have a character meal at 10am and head to the parks but those days are over. We just like to sleep in on vacation.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Generally we arrive between 1030 and noon and spend untol the park closes.
7c63283168b819a38876f8a3bc6e8428.gif

mikejs78

Premium Member
LOL Good one!! You actually think you'll get both of those done at rope drop each day. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Are you staying onsite? If so you get early entry... So let's say:

DHS - Rope drop Rise, line up at Slinky right after (seems most line up for MFSR) - $0
Epcot: Boarding group for Rat, rope drop Frozen
AK: Rope Drop EE
MK: Rope Drop 7DMT, standby right after for SM. Maybe wait 45 minutes.

Worst case you get SM and Slinky (which will probably be cheaper than Rise and 7DMT) IAS, so that costs you $140.

LittleBuford

Everyone holidays differently. Where you go to bed by 9:30, I would never dream of leaving the parks before they’ve kicked everyone out (which, at the Magic Kingdom, can be a good hour after closing). I’m not sure why you’re so surprised that others don’t share your approach to rope-dropping. If anything, it benefits you that they don’t.

G00fyDad

Are you staying onsite? If so you get early entry... So let's say:

DHS - Rope drop Rise, line up at Slinky right after (seems most line up for MFSR) - $0
Epcot: Boarding group for Rat, rope drop Frozen
AK: Rope Drop EE
MK: Rope Drop 7DMT, standby right after for SM. Maybe wait 45 minutes.

Worst case you get SM and Slinky (which will probably be cheaper than Rise and 7DMT) IAS, so that costs you $140.

We are staying on-site for right now but that is very likely going to change to off-site. This dream that some people (not pointing at you. :) ) have that has convinced them that they will be able to rope drop both IAS attractions each day is hysterical to me. They'll be lucky to get through the attraction #1 before that tiny little 30 minutes is gone.

Waters Back Side

We are staying on-site for right now but that is very likely going to change to off-site. This dream that some people (not pointing at you. :) ) have that has convinced them that they will be able to rope drop both IAS attractions each day is hysterical to me. They'll be lucky to get through the attraction #1 before that tiny little 30 minutes is gone.

This is true. Not happening. One is realistic. Both? No way.

wedenterprises

I still think this is going to cause major damage to the Disney brand.

Hopefully Cheapek doesn’t survive the fallout from it.
I can see the opposite happening. Making lines and crowds manageable is the white whale. If Chapek can do it, then good on him. Whether G+ and reservations the way to get there, is yet to be determined.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom