Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Waters Back Side

Is that for WDW or DL or both?

With Genie+ and not legacy (paper) will it also be 2 hours? Or is it 90 minutes?

I'm glad stacking is confirmed at least. Now instead of 7am, if you wanted to sleep until 9am, open your eyes, grab some coffee and grab your first priority ride and it's available for later in the day you can st least get another 90 (or 120 minutes later). Unless a rides time slots are full for the day within the first few hours, you should be fine.

This helps also with availability. You can grab Smugglers first on your list if you wanted and grab MMRR next and if its later in the day you know you'll be able to grab a other before then.

Last edited:

dreday3

How is that possible?

What makes you think once you have a LL booked it will offer you another one until the time limit is reached?

So at 10 am you book a LL for space mountain at 12 noon.

Why would the system be compelled to offer you anything until 2 hours later?

Did you do paper fast pass? It's basically the same. You can keep stacking as long as there are rides available. You can pull every 2 hours.

At least that's my understanding so far! Although I think paper you could get a new one right after you want on the ride (if it was sooner than 2 hours)

nickys

Premium Member
Seems like pre-park (7am) genie+ booking is ripe to become an on-site benefit at some point.
Taking something away from some but not all guests won’t be popular. Witness the gnashing of teeth of those who booked to stay offsite next week who suddenly get 2 days notice that they’ll no longer be able to get into the parks early. And I’d be p***d off too if it was me.

Not saying they wouldn’t, but they’re introducing it as everyone can book at 7am.

runnsally

How is that possible?

What makes you think once you have a LL booked it will offer you another one until the time limit is reached?

Its 10am, you book PoC for 10:05. You scan into PoC and book IASW for 10:45. And the cycle repeats...

peter11435

How is that possible?

If at 10 you book for noon then you won’t be able to get another until noon. You are correct

But if at 10 you book for 11 and at 11 you book for noon you just did 2 within 2 hours and that is entirely possible depending on attraction choice and crowds.

Also if at 10 you book for 3 then at noon you could book another

doctornick

How is that possible?

It gives you "next available" - if next available at 10 AM is 10:10 AM then you get 10:10 AM. Than you can scan on that ride and book your next G+ pass at 10:10 AM.

If there is ample availability for LL passes via Genie+ then you could get a lot each day.

Trauma

If at 10 you book for noon then you won’t be able to get another until noon. You are correct

But if at 10 you book for 11 and at 11 you book for noon you just did 2 within 2 hours and that is entirely possible depending on attraction choice and crowds.

Also if at 10 you book for 3 then at noon you could book another
Ok but again regardless of the ride and how busy it why would they offer you LL return time for anything less than 2 hours?

Let’s say you want to ride IASW it’s 10am and the wait is 30 minutes. You request a LL with genie. Why would it offer you any time before 12?

dreday3

Ok but again regardless of the ride and how busy it why would they offer you LL return time for anything less than 2 hours?

Let’s say you want to ride IASW it’s 10am and the wait is 30 minutes. You request a LL with genie. Why would it offer you any time before 12?

It offers you next available time. I don't think it's making everyone wait 2 hours each time they reserve a ride if the ride has available times before that!

Waters Back Side

Did you do paper fast pass? It's basically the same. You can keep stacking as long as there are rides available. You can pull every 2 hours.

At least that's my understanding so far! Although I think paper you could get a new one right after you want on the ride (if it was sooner than 2 hours)

It will still mean you have some time though before you can use the LL pass if you choose to stack. You wait two hours and grab highly desirable rides with late day availability every 2 hours and line your self up for rides at 7 and 8 pm, you still have to wait 2 hours for your next choice even if it's available right away. I can show up at MK at 10am, look for BTMR, see its available for 3pm, choose to take it, and have to now wait until noon to pick another. And if I find Peter Pan available for 5 pm and grab that now I have to wait until 2 pm. So you still have to go quite a while (4 hours)when entering the park before you can use your LL rides. Myself, I like the idea because you know later in the day you'll have some of the rides you wanted, but until then you can use the time to wait in standby, shop/dine, shows or M&Gs.

Last edited:

peter11435

Why wouldn’t it? It will always offer you the next available return time based on the available LL inventory. If a low number of people have made selections for IASW at that point it could give you a return time of 10:15… if LL for that particular attraction has been booking up quickly it could be later.

Did you ever use Fastpass or Fastpass+… there was never a rule or process that required return times to be 2 hours away. Some times you could find Fastpasses that were immediately valid.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
With MaxPass at DL it was easy to have 3 FP within 35 minutes of park open. Grab something as you walk in at 8:00 RD, return time starts at 8:05, at 8:30 you can grab a second because of rule #3 I outlined 25ish posts ago, immediately scan into that second ride and grab a third. If G+ works the same way you can do the same thing.

2 hours is a worst case scenario.

peter11435

So you assuming the greediest company on earth is going to offer you anything before it absolutely has too?

They want you shopping in their homogenized stores and buying snacks.

This company can care less about your experience they only care how much they can extract from you.
I don’t think you fully understand how this system or any similar system that came before functions.

Again it will always be the next available time. There is no built in waiting time and never has been.

Trauma

It offers you next available time. I don't think it's making everyone wait 2 hours each time they reserve a ride if the ride has available times before that!
Why wouldn’t it? It will always offer you the next available return time based on the available LL inventory. If a low number of people have made selections for IASW at that point it could give you a return time of 10:15… if LL for that particular attraction has been booking up quickly it could be later.

Did you ever use Fastpass or Fastpass+… there was never a rule or process that required return times to be 2 hours away. Some times you could find Fastpasses that were immediately valid.
That was then.

New CEO.

I just expect the absolute bare minimum for the highest possible cost in anything they do now.

I’m just being a cynic as a I fear this system is rife for manipulation by the mouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom