Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

mysto

You didn't pay the $120 entry fee for a hot dog meal at Casey's though. And sometimes the hot dog sucks. Genie is a small plus on top of other massive costs to lock in a better experience. Whether it works well or not is up to the crowds and your own strategy.

The awful hot dog is the best hot dog of all.

Therefore g+ is great?

csmat99

You didn't pay the $120 entry fee for a hot dog meal at Casey's though. And sometimes the hot dog sucks. Genie is a small plus on top of other massive costs to lock in a better experience. Whether it works well or not is up to the crowds and your own strategy.
You literally aren't making any sense. Genie plus is just a money grab nothing less nothing more. And to prove that when revenue needs to be increased they raised the prices over 250% about 10 days before holiday season started and everyone was already committed to vacation and couldn't cancel if they wanted to.

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

So, is there anything I need to know before I go next week? Staying off property.

Midnight - I can buy G+
7:00 AM - 1st LL / BG
7:05 AM - Replenish
9:00 AM - 1st ILL
11:00 AM - 2nd LL (2hr rule)
1:00 PM - 2nd BG
3:30 PM - Replenish

gerarar

Premium Member
So, is there anything I need to know before I go next week? Staying off property.

Midnight - I can buy G+
If by 1st LL at 9am means you used your first LL already that you reserved at 7am, you can immediately book another LL. If not, you have to wait 2 hours after park opening to book your second LL.

So say MK opens at 8am, you can't book another one until 10am unless your first LL was redeemed before then.

DCLcruiser

If by 1st LL at 9am means you used your first LL already that you reserved at 7am, you can immediately book another LL. If not, you have to wait 2 hours after park opening to book your second LL.

So say MK opens at 8am, you can't book another one until 10am unless your first LL was redeemed before then.
9AM = 1st ILL (individual lightning lane)

pdude81

You literally aren't making any sense. Genie plus is just a money grab nothing less nothing more. And to prove that when revenue needs to be increased they raised the prices over 250% about 10 days before holiday season started and everyone was already committed to vacation and couldn't cancel if they wanted to.
Certainly the point of charging customers is to make money. And given that they have understood the initial price was far too low even in lower crowd times, the matching of G+ surge pricing to coincide with higher single day ticket prices makes sense. None of this is surprising or confusing, but you act as if it is so. Please try to drink more water

BobPar

Midnight - I can buy G+
Im not sure if the drop times during the day are still accurate but they were posted here awhile ago when they added inventory to certain rides during the day…

Disstevefan1

Midnight - I can buy G+
Historically, first week of December was considered an "off peak" time.
BUT, in looking at the ticket prices for December (single day prices as a reference)
Obviously, not off-peak prices, not the highest like Christmas week, but not the lowest.
Snap 2022-11-23 at 12.43.56.png

Purduevian

Midnight - I can buy G+
A few more tips:
1)You can book your next LL either after 2 hours OR after you tap into your most recently booked, whichever comes first
2)You can pin attractions to the top of your tip board in the app. Change these throughout the day to some rides you are wanting a LL for soon
3) Not everyone will agree with me, but once you have your list of attractions you would like to ride next, pin them to the top, spend at least 30 seconds refreshing the tip board before booking a LL. 30 seconds of refreshing can move a return time by HOURS (including bringing some back from the dead). If something jumps to a perfect time, do not hesitate and book it ASAP.
3b) It's up to you how long you want to play the refresh game. Personally I'm willing to spend all of my time in line before a preshow doing it, but it's a choice you have to make. My last trip (over 2 days) I got LL for within 15 minutes of booking for Safari, FotLK, RnRC, ToT, Pooh, Space, Buzz, and Pirates.

DCLcruiser

A few more tips:
1)You can book your next LL either after 2 hours OR after you tap into your most recently booked, whichever comes first
2)You can pin attractions to the top of your tip board in the app. Change these throughout the day to some rides you are wanting a LL for soon
3) Not everyone will agree with me, but once you have your list of attractions you would like to ride next, pin them to the top, spend at least 30 seconds refreshing the tip board before booking a LL. 30 seconds of refreshing can move a return time by HOURS (including bringing some back from the dead). If something jumps to a perfect time, do not hesitate and book it ASAP.
3b) It's up to you how long you want to play the refresh game. Personally I'm willing to spend all of my time in line before a preshow doing it, but it's a choice you have to make. My last trip (over 2 days) I got LL for within 15 minutes of booking for Safari, FotLK, RnRC, ToT, Pooh, Space, Buzz, and Pirates.
How do I "pin" an attraction to my tip board?

Purduevian

How do I "pin" an attraction to my tip board?
After you purchase G+ for the day EDIT: *Once you link your tickets, select my Genie Day*( Thanks Pdude) it will ask you what attractions you are interested in. I think you can select up to 5. These will be at the top of your tip board. There will also be some blue text that says "edit selections" I believe. There you can de-select and select new attractions.

For example, I had just tapped into a Pooh LL and I wanted to stay in the area for my next LL. I pinned Mermaid, Space, Dumbo, and Buzz to the top of the tip board. Then every time I refreshed the screen, those 4 were at the top and I could easily see if the LL had moved. I got extremely lucky and booked a Space Mountain for pretty soon.

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

After you purchase G+ for the day EDIT: *Once you link your tickets, select my Genie Day*( Thanks Pdude) it will ask you what attractions you are interested in. I think you can select up to 5. These will be at the top of your tip board. There will also be some blue text that says "edit selections" I believe. There you can de-select and select new attractions.

For example, I had just tapped into a Pooh LL and I wanted to stay in the area for my next LL. I pinned Mermaid, Space, Dumbo, and Buzz to the top of the tip board. Then every time I refreshed the screen, those 4 were at the top and I could easily see if the LL had moved. I got extremely lucky and booked a Space Mountain for pretty soon.
Thank you! I just completed the wizard for each of my days. It looks like 7 can be selected. I don't see the order changed, but probably because my tickets are not for today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom