Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

co10064

Premium Member
I love how everyone's first assumption is just to say "this didn't happen." Like obviously I don't think this is the norm but why would I lie? lol

G00fyDad

I love how everyone's first assumption is just to say "this didn't happen." Like obviously I don't think this is the norm but why would I lie? lol
To make Genie+ appear awful. That is just one reason. (and It IS awful) Not even the most gullible person would believe that they told groups in the standby line that they would be separated so they could put ONE through for every TWO HUNDRED LL guest. You overreached on an exaggeration, got called out and now you are trying damage control. Please stop.

Chip Chipperson

I don't necessarily think you're lying. You might believe what you're saying is true because you saw a large number of people from the LL line move past you, but it's highly unlikely that you stood there counting each person or that someone could count a large group of people that accurately as they walked by even if they tried. 200 people is a clear exaggeration and you might want it to be true to affirm your frustration with your wait time, but it's just not realistic.

CAV

The failure is on Disney, who designed the ratios in which the merge point person has to follow. This a bad take
Its bigger than the ratio. The problem, with the ratio, when a human is running it, it doesnt take into account the actual conditions in the line. Technology exists that can adjust the ratio depending on the conditions in the line.

MagicHappens1971

Its bigger than the ratio. The problem, with the ratio, when a human is running it, it doesnt take into account the actual conditions in the line. Technology exists that can adjust the ratio depending on the conditions in the line.
Okay, the point being is the blame should not be on the front line cast member. They don’t make those decisions.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I was curious to hear if it actually did sell out in the parks the last day of operations before the storm. Interesting if so many people tried to make the most of little trip time left that it indeed sold out. Has G+ come back up for any purchases yet?

Following G+ because we plan to use a few days later this month. Just keeping an ear out so we know what to expect.

co10064

Premium Member
I was curious to hear if it actually did sell out in the parks the last day of operations before the storm. Interesting if so many people tried to make the most of little trip time left that it indeed sold out. Has G+ come back up for any purchases yet?

Following G+ because we plan to use a few days later this month. Just keeping an ear out so we know what to expect.
I was there on Tuesday before the closure and I don't think it sold out. I know it was available to purchase at least through early afternoon. Then again, the parks were clearing out around the evening time anyway with most all rides having low waits.

CAV

Okay, the point being is the blame should not be on the front line cast member. They don’t make those decisions.
I can blame whoever I want, be that Chapek or the newest cast member. Your direction to me matters not. However, I noticed you moved the goalpost. I certainly didn't say "Cast member X" flubbed it up. I pointed out that a billion dollar system has a line employee as its linchpin. The cast member is not to blame for that. The geniuses who designed the system are.

MagicHappens1971

I can blame whoever I want, be that Chapek or the newest cast member. Your direction to me matters not. However, I noticed you moved the goalpost. I certainly didn't say "Cast member X" flubbed it up. I pointed out that a billion dollar system has a line employee as its linchpin. The cast member is not to blame for that. The geniuses who designed the system are.
You’re still not getting what I’m saying. Any front line cast member is not responsible for this, I don’t really get what you’re getting at either. The ratio is based on wait times, if the wait times were more accurate, and the ratios reflects that it would be less of a problem.

lazyboy97o

Sure, you can make false claims but they remain false claims. The Cast Member at the merge point is following the directions provided by the system. There is a computer that tells them how many to allow from each queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom