Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

lazyboy97o

Completely agree with that….but do we have any numbers on the crowds now vs the crowds then or what is closed or consuming less people now vs what was then?

It makes sense but there have also been things added since Fp+ along with park reservations limiting people plus international travel isn’t back where it used to be yet so I just wonder how close or off it may be to know if we are comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges

Either way it’s a poison apple Disney has placed on a platter for everyone and we are taking the bait
Crowding is relative. 10 people in a 10’ x 10’ room is crowded but 15 people in a 100’ x 100‘ room is not crowded. Lower attendance can be more crowded.

Virtual queues throw the design of a park completely out of whack. They’re designed that some many people are in a queue. Take a person out of a queue and you need somewhere to put them. Just having an extra table at a restaurant is not enough because that may not be where that person wants to be, so you need space at multiple restaurants, multiple gift shops and even other attractions to accommodate this one person you have removed from a queue. Now close one of those places and you compound your problem because you need space to accommodate not only the person you removed from the queue but also all of the people no longer in the now closed venue. Starting off with adequate capacity it’s very easy to fall into a problem, and it’s all made worse with virtual queues. Disney though did not have adequate capacity to start with so everything is even worse.

JoeCamel

Well Jetblue is buying Spirit so i fully expect the JB brand to take over
Case has been made to do it the other way around.....

Caution; site runs on clicks

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Whats wrong w JetBlue?!?

Well Jetblue is buying Spirit so i fully expect the JB brand to take over

Case has been made to do it the other way around.....

Caution; site runs on clicks

If prior such “mergers” of low cost carriers is any indication…JetBlue is done.

Prior to southwest buying airtran (value jet 🐊)…it was pretty much universally loved and rated as the best you could have. And my personal experience - if no frills - was that it was. Other than bumrushing the seats…it was great.

After airtran it’s been terrible. Ridiculously overpriced (less than American at my closest airport - which is a huge one for both) and you can barely get a nonstop.

Used to fly southwest 4-8 times a year…haven’t flown it once in 5 or 6 years now.

I fully expect the awfulness that is spirit to drown JetBlue. It’s lining up the same way. I hope I’m wrong.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don’t worry guys….Disney will announce some things at D23 to get us all excited and then cut half of the budget before they begin and the others will never even happen
I don’t think they’ll even bother this time. The fake “slate” for Orlando will be in 2024 prior to universal opening a massive, IP laden park up the street…

That’ll show em

JoeCamel

Prior to southwest buying airtran (value jet 🐊)…it was pretty much universally loved and rated as the best you could have. And my personal experience - if no frills - was that it was. Other than bumrushing the seats…it was great.

After airtran it’s been terrible. Ridiculously overpriced (less than American at my closest airport - which is a huge one for both) and you can barely get a nonstop.

Used to fly southwest 4-8 times a year…haven’t flown it once in 5 or 6 years now.

I fully expect the awfulness that is spirit to drown JetBlue. It’s lining up the same way. I hope I’m wrong.
Remember who founded Jet Blue? I liked it at first but like Disney it has changed over the years due to market pressures.
Morris Air left a bunch of people stranded on a regular basis and crashed in a spectacular fashion.
Wiki

"He co-founded (with June Morris)[who?] Morris Air, a low-fare charter airline, and from 1984 to 1988, he was the executive vice president of the company.

In 1988, Neeleman assumed the helm of Morris Air as its president. In 1993, when Morris Air was acquired by Southwest Airlines for $130 million (Neeleman received $25 million from the sale), he worked for five months on their Executive Planning Committee.[7]

After leaving Southwest, Neeleman became the CEO of Open Skies, a touch screen airline reservation and check-in systems company, later acquired by HP in 1999. At the same time, he helped with another upstart airline, WestJet. JetBlue was incorporated in Delaware in August 1998 and officially founded in February 1999, under the name "NewAir" by Neeleman.[8]

As the CEO of JetBlue Airways, his 2002 salary was $200,000 with a bonus of $90,000. Neeleman donated his entire salary to the JetBlue Crewmember Crisis Fund, which was established for JetBlue employees who had fallen on hard times.[9]"

The culture remains

Chip Chipperson

Oddly enough, my wife and I have had a 99% positive experience with Spirit (with the 1% coming when they bumped her from the booked Big Front Seat while trying to leave me in the seat next to the one she was moved from - and only notifying me via email so I had to call to get myself moved next to her and get refunded the difference in seat costs). Our only delayed flight was due to weather - and it only happened once in the 7+ years we've flown with them. I will say, however, that their ACY to MCO flight times have gotten worse over the past couple of years. We used to be able to get a 7 AM flight but that's gradually shifted to 5:30 AM (with a much less fun 3 AM wake-up time and 7:30 arrival when you know your WDW room won't be ready until 4 PM even when they ask what time you're arriving).

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to an update from Disney, Feathered Friends in Flight! in Animal Kingdom will be unavailable for Genie+ reservations September 11 through September 24.

matt9112

How often you go seems not to matter to the people in question. Some of them visit quite regularly yet still think it’s OK to berate those of us who they deem are misspending our Disney dollars.

A fool and his money…. I think it’s an awful value currently bar none HOWEVER it’s a monopoly there’s nothing almost like disney to replace it with. Universal is the closest like for like and it’s a far cry. I enjoy universal and love going to there parks now but I won’t sit here and say it replaces disney or does the same x y z.

So people keep giving disney money even though the relative value is dropping (obviously value is subjective) but pure and simple it costs more to do the same if not less. Because there is no alternative to disney. Thus disney would really need to step on a land mine to go into decline.

In conclusion I think it is possible we see a decline but it is unlikely. They have built ENOUGH new stuff to not be completely stale and not enough people will notice or care about the loss of misc entertainment and the smaller things that are cut. Couple that with a rabbid almost cult like fan base and you have a recipe for success even when your product standards have diminished.
The only wild card is epic universe (as far as Florida is concerned) the biggest issue with universal I see is self inflicted. The lack of rides for little ones/family rides. But universal has probably avoided this arena on purpose since it’s not worth going toe to toe with fantasyland because you will never win. If epic can find some kind of middle ground with mario and kong and HTTYD they might be able to finally replace a disney vacation. In the sense that a normal guest MAY choose universal over disney. Or only do the MK and than universal. Honestly the later is far more likely. I know lots of people that only hit one park for the kids and call it a day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oddly enough, my wife and I have had a 99% positive experience with Spirit (with the 1% coming when they bumped her from the booked Big Front Seat while trying to leave me in the seat next to the one she was moved from - and only notifying me via email so I had to call to get myself moved next to her and get refunded the difference in seat costs). Our only delayed flight was due to weather - and it only happened once in the 7+ years we've flown with them. I will say, however, that their ACY to MCO flight times have gotten worse over the past couple of years. We used to be able to get a 7 AM flight but that's gradually shifted to 5:30 AM (with a much less fun 3 AM wake-up time and 7:30 arrival when you know your WDW room won't be ready until 4 PM even when they ask what time you're arriving).
I never even bothered trying out of AC…

28” seats are just not worth even considering…

But I know alot that use them. Some use it for Vegas.

If JetBlue wants to turn spirit into JetBlue…I’m down. But I bet it works exactly the oppo.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A fool and his money…. I think it’s an awful value currently bar none HOWEVER it’s a monopoly there’s nothing almost like disney to replace it with. Universal is the closest like for like and it’s a far cry. I enjoy universal and love going to there parks now but I won’t sit here and say it replaces disney or does the same x y z.

So people keep giving disney money even though the relative value is dropping (obviously value is subjective) but pure and simple it costs more to do the same if not less. Because there is no alternative to disney. Thus disney would really need to step on a land mine to go into decline.

In conclusion I think it is possible we see a decline but it is unlikely. They have built ENOUGH new stuff to not be completely stale and not enough people will notice or care about the loss of misc entertainment and the smaller things that are cut. Couple that with a rabbid almost cult like fan base and you have a recipe for success even when your product standards have diminished.
The only wild card is epic universe (as far as Florida is concerned) the biggest issue with universal I see is self inflicted. The lack of rides for little ones/family rides. But universal has probably avoided this arena on purpose since it’s not worth going toe to toe with fantasyland because you will never win. If epic can find some kind of middle ground with mario and kong and HTTYD they might be able to finally replace a disney vacation. In the sense that a normal guest MAY choose universal over disney. Or only do the MK and than universal. Honestly the later is far more likely. I know lots of people that only hit one park for the kids and call it a day.
I think universal could…could…transition into more family friendly stuff after these big builds are done. Doesn’t mean they will though.

Similar to the sesame add to sea world…something like that at studious and maybe an IOA revamp of suess or similar?

Jrb1979

I think universal could…could…transition into more family friendly stuff after these big builds are done. Doesn’t mean they will though.

Similar to the sesame add to sea world…something like that at studious and maybe an IOA revamp of suess or similar?
I could see that. The one complaint I have seen about Universals kids areas are they have height requirements for the majority of their kid rides.

matt9112

Yeah. I think a slightly more generic dreamworks area is needed. Not sure how much room kidzone has? Throw in something panda some puss n boots etc and call it something catchy. My issue is that the solution isn’t just flat rides like SeaWorld. They actually need to build more things like suit life’s ride. Immersive (expensive) rides for kids and family’s. Count me in the camp of Simpsons land needs to go as well or at least the main attraction you could probably fit a really nice family dark ride in there that has a much lower if any height requirement.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah. I think a slightly more generic dreamworks area is needed. Not sure how much room kidzone has? Throw in something panda some puss n boots etc and call it something catchy. My issue is that the solution isn’t just flat rides like SeaWorld. They actually need to build more things like suit life’s ride. Immersive (expensive) rides for kids and family’s. Count me in the camp of Simpsons land needs to go as well or at least the main attraction you could probably fit a really nice family dark ride in there that has a much lower if any height requirement.
The Simpsons needs to go and that ride needs to be retired. Well past due

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom