Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

G00fyDad

That just isn’t true. Before FP, crowds were much lower than now outside Spring Break and Summer. Yes, most rides had lines, because you didn’t get to skip any. But they were all reasonable waits. And as evening came, lines thinned out in general, and many were walkons.
What you consider to be reasonable waits may not be to others. I refuse to wait longer than 30 minutes. Always have since I was a kid coming back to the states and taking trips to Kings Island (in the 70's). If I waited in a long line as a child then it was because I did not have the option to go with my mother doing something else and had to wait in line with my dad.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
YOU HAD DAS. You act like you didn’t use it, which is simply not possible with your statements of all the rides you got.
I never said i didnt use it... stated countless times tho how i did use it... majority was for a reride of something or a gap filler.... w FP i really didnt need to use it especially before it went digital walking from ride to ride to get a return time was not ideal at all..... My trip was not exponentially better because of it....

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I remember walk ons at park open and also late at night when regular park hours were longer.
& ive agreed with that... my statement was during MOST park hours... i kinda figured everyone on this board could understand that the early morning and late hours were the hours that didnt have crazy lines and stuff was definitely manageable but again when you have small children or want to enjoy a character meal that early morning option is truly not available... But hey before i had my daughter you can be rest assured i was at the park the minute was opened to do like you said &be there when it was time to get kicked out lol

dreday3

What you consider to be reasonable waits may not be to others. I refuse to wait longer than 30 minutes. Always have since I was a kid coming back to the states and taking trips to Kings Island (in the 70's). If I waited in a long line as a child then it was because I did not have the option to go with my mother doing something else and had to wait in line with my dad.

If you were a kid in the 70s/80s and didn't wait in 1-2 hour plus lines at the big Theme Parks (Six Flags, etc.)- you were doing it wrong. 😂 The big coasters had such long lines that if we got on 4 rides, it was a successful day.

Jrb1979

If you were a kid in the 70s/80s and didn't wait in 1-2 hour plus lines at the big Theme Parks (Six Flags, etc.)- you were doing it wrong. 😂 The big coasters had such long lines that if we got on 4 rides, it was a successful day.
At those parks it's the same now unless you buy a skip the line pass. I was at Cedar Point 2 weeks ago and some of the top coasters had 90 minute waits or longer.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
How Disney admits they don't have enough capacity at a park without them explicitly saying they don't have enough capacity:

Lightning Lane access to Star Wars Launch Bay will be included with Disney Genie+ beginning July 17 2022.

According to the latest update, there will be three Lightning Lane options when Launch Bay reopens July 17:

Star Wars Launch Bay
Star Wars Launch Bay: Encounter Darth Vader
Star Wars Launch Bay: Meet Chewbacca

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
To be fair it was the same with FP+.

Very true. They just hadn't spun up the PR machine to stratospheric heights to attract millions of new ATMs at that point. Because late 2000's/early 2010's attendance was never going to be enough for either Bob, they required more and more profits from the parks to prop up the bottom line and under-performing departments. (before anyone jumps in - I'm fully aware that the media line generated about 45% of the company's profits, which was the star performer until P&R came in and nearly equaled it in the years pre-Covid as networks profits started to shrink)

G00fyDad

I remember passing rides and hanging with my mom while dad and my uncle would wait in 2 hour lines for rides like The Beast. No way was I doing that. :)

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Several sites (including the one that must not be named) are reporting rumors that Disney may be soon require secondary park pass reservations for hopping. Any of our insiders have intel on this? I thought the prevailing thought was that Disney was considering loosening hopping restrictions, not making it more onerous?

bhg469

Several sites (including the one that must not be named) are reporting rumors that Disney may be soon require secondary park pass reservations for hopping. Any of our insiders have intel on this? I thought the prevailing thought was that Disney was considering loosening hopping restrictions, not making it more onerous?
It is being discussed here.

natatomic

Does anyone remember what the old FP+ Tier 1 rides were? The ones where you could only pre reserve a pass at one of them and not multiple?

The only one I'm remembering is EPCOT Test Track and Soarin.

As much as I disliked G+ overall, our arrival travel day was an EPCOT day. We got Test Track reserved before we took off. Soarin when we landed. The Land while walking out of Soarin (which was immediate and avoided a 30 minute line). Earth while walking to Nemo (walk on) which saved about 12 people worth of line. Figment while on Earth, saving 0 people of line.

I think that was it, Remi and Frozen were not an option at all. So, while it clearly wasn't great, we did get two FP+ Tier 1 rides all after 2:00 as we just winged it.

Avoiding some rain, we hopped back the second day and got the Guardians virtual queue at 2:30 PM for just after 8:00 PM ride. Then, through some shear luck scored a Remi LL for 3:30 PM. We waited an hour for Frozen, mostly to avoid the rain and kill time anyway. Nobody wanted to ride MS. This meant we got do all the rides in EPCOT and only waited in one line. It also meant we still had to tap in on our other park reservation day just to get breakfast, then we hopped to MK after 2:00 without spending any time in EPCOT. Second park reservation was in case we didn't get Guardians and also had to rope drop Remi, neither of which was needed then.
To be fair, Soarin’ and possibly even test track wouldn’t be tier 1 today if FP+ still existed. Not with Frozen, Remy, and Guardians in the same park. I had a ten minute wait on Soarin in standby around 4:00 a few weeks ago. That one for sure would have been bumped down to tier 2 by now.

Jeff4272

What does this mean? and why is there such animosity towards another site?

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

What is this mean? and why is there such animosity towards another site?
Because that site is notorious for stealing info from insiders on here and reposting it as their own, as well as just posting completely wrong baseless info. It’s also censored so if you type in it it won’t pop up here, it’s part for the forum rules, and it’s warranted

Jeff4272

Because that site is notorious for stealing info from insiders on here and reposting it as their own, as well as just posting completely wrong baseless info. It’s also censored so if you type in it it won’t pop up here, it’s part for the forum rules, and it’s warranted
What site? WDW News? DTB? All Ears? DIS Boards?

DCBaker

Premium Member
How Disney admits they don't have enough capacity at a park without them explicitly saying they don't have enough capacity:

And for whatever reason, Disney has now removed those 3 Launch Bay lines from the Genie+ page -

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 1.42.02 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom