Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

TheMaxRebo

When I was there in Jan/Feb, I purchased at 6:45ish and then made my first selection at 7am. For now, that should still be fine. As far as I can tell, there is no need to purchase at midnight.

We don't know how the limiting will be in the future but everything I have seen/heard the chance of G+ running out so quickly that people need to stay up to midnight to buy it is basically nin- existent ... If it happens it would be more like late morning/midday that sales would stop - if more people buy than expected or lots of rides are down so capacity lower, etc

So for now getting up at 6:45am is fine .... But that could change in the future

DisneyDreamer08

We don't know how the limiting will be in the future but everything I have seen/heard the chance of G+ running out so quickly that people need to stay up to midnight to buy it is basically nin- existent ... If it happens it would be more like late morning/midday that sales would stop - if more people buy than expected or lots of rides are down so capacity lower, etc

So for now getting up at 6:45am is fine .... But that could change in the future
I don’t think they can do much to limit the sales until January at the earliest. Many people already have it as part of their package. I would like to think at that time, they would change the time as to when Genie+ can be purchased. Maybe purchase at 6:30, first selection at 7.

Jrb1979

I don’t think they can do much to limit the sales until January at the earliest. Many people already have it as part of their package. I would like to think at that time, they would change the time as to when Genie+ can be purchased. Maybe purchase at 6:30, first selection at 7.
They can limit sales. It's already on the Genie+ page being subject to availability.

Disney Glimpses

They can limit sales. It's already on the Genie+ page being subject to availability.
They can limit sales (without offering refunds) as limiting someones ability to purchase the service doesn't materially change the service for those who have already purchased it. That being said, from a technical/software perspective, it's not yet possible. I would be surprised if interstitials were not in the next version of MDX ahead of the 4th of July holiday.

MickeyLuv'r

I imagine it's tied to the day of a park reservation. So once the day ticks over at midnight AND you have a park reservation for that day, you're good to go.

However, I don't think anyone has seen that Genie+ is being limited just yet. You're probably safe to buy it at 6:50am and just wait the 10 minutes to 7am to start booking.
But what if there's a glitch at midnight?

Will WDW have staff on hand - at midnight- to fix problems? Or are you just out of luck until someone finally contacts you at 10am - four hours after it has sold out?

Witchy Chick

Yeah, I mean they care about APs when it comes to taking their money haha

But yeah, it's roughly 1 mil per day with Genie+ and ILL combined. Which is a problem in and of itself. They are going to try to keep those revenue levels that high while making changes.

If this is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt you)............

Genie+ started on December 8, 2021. 196 days ago.

At (roughly) a million per, Genie+ has generated $1.96B since inception.

Even WAG'ing to account for refunding dissatisfied customers (I used 40% as a rough refund calculation), Genie+ has generated $1.17B since inception ($1.96B X .6).

One could build a new gate/park with that coin (looking at you AK). (Or half a new gate/park adjusting for inflation.)

It won’t improve any while they sit on their hands doing nothing. The reason it will take so long is because they have sat on their hands (and profits) so long.

Still sitting on their profits.

Full disclosure, we are headed to WDW in Aug. Split stay between Universal and Disney. Our kids are 12 and almost 14, this is likely our final visit to Disney as a family for a very long time (until I get grandchildren probably 🤣🤣).

We will probably bite the bullet and pay for LL each day/each park and make day of decisions on purchase of Genie+ for each park.

I'm super curious about my DH, DS12, and DD14's reactions/thoughts on Uni Express Pass vs. Disney Genie+ during our upcoming trip.

ctrlaltdel

Even WAG'ing to account for refunding dissatisfied customers (I used 40% as a rough refund calculation), Genie+ has generated $1.17B since inception ($1.96B X .6).

One could build a new gate/park with that coin (looking at you AK). (Or half a new gate/park adjusting for inflation.)
Think your math is off there. Should be $196m. Still a solid chunk of change, but not new park money.

Disstevefan1

Still sitting on their profits.

Full disclosure, we are headed to WDW in Aug. Split stay between Universal and Disney. Our kids are 12 and almost 14, this is likely our final visit to Disney as a family for a very long time (until I get grandchildren probably 🤣🤣).

We will probably bite the bullet and pay for LL each day/each park and make day of decisions on purchase of Genie+ for each park.

I'm super curious about my DH, DS12, and DD14's reactions/thoughts on Uni Express Pass vs. Disney Genie+ during our upcoming trip.
TWDC made 1.17B for absolutely nothing. In fact they made 1.17B for absolutely nothing that hurts the guest experience…

I was going to say they are making money like they are printing it in the utilidors.

In fact, I would rather have them kept FastPass + and just actually printed money in the utilidors if they needed fast cash, at least the guest experience would not be hurt…

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Disney Genie debuted on Oct. 19, 2021 at Disney World (Dec 8 was DL). 246 days ago.

If we keep the .4 refund/recovery against the $million daily-

$600k x 246 = roughly $150 million in proceeds.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Didn’t WDW allegedly invest almost 2 billion in MB/MDE technology?

Maybe they’re still looking to earn back on that but rumour has it crucial FP+ data was lost.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It would have been easier for them to make money just raising every ticket by $15 a day and better for everyone including their mass expansion of guest service people dealing with this mess continuing with the previous system with maybe a few tweaks or more availability held for off property or day of guests

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Disney Genie debuted on Oct. 19, 2021 at Disney World (Dec 8 was DL). 246 days ago.

If we keep the .4 refund/recovery against the $million daily-

$600k x 246 = roughly $150 million in proceeds.
40% daily refund rate?!?! that HAS to be way to high... NOT 1 person at MK can expect a refund imo its truly the only park that was viable obviously im sure there was some.... which would mean the refund rate at the other parks would be even higher and above 55% say system is awful but that # seems to be virtually impossible to fathom

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
40% daily refund rate?!?! that HAS to be way to high... NOT 1 person at MK can expect a refund imo its truly the only park that was viable obviously im sure there was some.... which would mean the refund rate at the other parks would be even higher and above 55% say system is awful but that # seems to be virtually impossible to fathom
Well just went with that as a benefit of the doubt / worst case scenario. No matter which way to slice or dice it, a ton of Genie related money came in the last 8 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom