Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Chip Chipperson

WDWMagic Forum Posters: Disney isn't the same! They've taken away Magical Express! They've replaced free FastPass with a paid system! They raise prices! They scale back entertainment! They're pricing out the middle class! They charge for parking! They are only catering to guests who can spend the most money!

FoxBusiness: Disney isn't the same! They've taken away Magical Express! They've replaced free FastPass with a paid system! They raise prices! They scale back entertainment! They're pricing out the middle class! They charge for parking! They are only catering to guests who can spend the most money!

WDWMagic Forum Posters: Fox has it out for Disney because DeSantis told them that Disney is evil, and those criticisms can't be taken seriously because of the source.

HoustonHorn: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you can find a post of mine stating that WDW is pricing out the middle class or only catering to guests with money then I'm happy to be reminded of it. Or you could read the article in question and see why it is flawed and biased. One can criticize changes at Disney AND call out shoddy "reporting" without contradicting oneself. Also, I never said that Fox Business can't be taken seriously because it's Fox, so your attempt at putting words in my mouth is a fail. I actually visit Fox Business multiple times per week checking on the prices of my stocks and following the market, but that doesn't mean they don't have plenty of articles that are written to appease a percentage of their viewers. Most of the major news sites do it and they are rarely good at hiding it from anyone but their core demographic. The ability and willingness to differentiate between the good and bad articles from any source is a good thing - and in this case, making it seem like you need to drop $900+ per night on a hotel at WDW is one of several flaws that makes this particular article a bad one.

Thepuma

Really when you view it the reservation should be real time pulled from the pool. Than if you say nah it goes right back into the pool (back this up with a timer) that way when your looking at a slot it's yours.
What, exactly like FP+ used to but apparently the paid for G+ miraculously can't?

mysto

I still am perplexed how inventory for a paid FP service is worse than when it was free - even as an AP arriving on a random day. I just don't get it.

Yea, paid seems to be more popular than free was. Maybe once the marketing has sold the product, the user has an incentive to get their moneys worth so they try harder? Also shopping is easy and fun, maybe something we can buy is actually preferable to SWAG (stuff we all get) to many in spite of our protests?

There were waits in the FP queue near the end of the FP+ era, not so much now, so they must be dropping fewer g+/ill passes to achieve this. I'm pretty sure the standby/LL ratio is the same.

I wonder if they're holding some for Guest Services or some other class? Complaining was always a good FP strategy, some people visited GS repeatedly throughout the day.

flutas

Sorry if I'm jumping in late on this one, just got this from Undercover Tourist.

Starting June 8, 2022, Disney Genie+ service will only be available for sale on the day of your visit, one day at a time, via the complimentary Disney Genie service in the My Disney Experience app, subject to availability.

Sounds like either a price increase (and they don't want locked in rates) or making it more limited and they don't want pre-sales now.

Ldno

Just think how bad some of CM will get the heat whenever they find out that people needed to do Virtual Queues for Cosmic Rewind this opening weekend, whenever they try to form “stand by”

Chip Chipperson

You can admit he's mad even if it's all true (which it is) just because it came from Fox News? If it came from some other news source he would probably be ok with it

I guess the truth hurts, even for Disney apologists

You clearly haven't read my other posts if you think I dismiss anything "just because it came from Fox." I'm sorry that WDW is no longer worth it to you. You seem to be taking the breakup pretty hard, but you should try to move on from anger to acceptance. You'll find that you're happier that way and might even lose the impulse to insult everyone who doesn't believe 100% of what you believe.

Jeff4272

You clearly haven't read my other posts if you think I dismiss anything "just because it came from Fox." I'm sorry that WDW is no longer worth it to you. You seem to be taking the breakup pretty hard, but you should try to move on from anger to acceptance. You'll find that you're happier that way and might even lose the impulse to insult everyone who doesn't believe 100% of what you believe.
Its not that its no longer worth it to me, its that its a much worse experience to everyone (except Disney apologists)

"Please take away my free transportation, my free line skips, my free magic bands, my free parking, my free extra hours and make me wake up early every day hoping a schedule comes together while paying more money for less food and more money for............." SAID NOBODY EVER

I am not insulting anyone, i am merely pointing out the facts and it seems to butt hurt the apologists, which you obviously the ring leader of

Chip Chipperson

Its not that its no longer worth it to me, its that its a much worse experience to everyone (except Disney apologists)

"Please take away my free transportation, my free line skips, my free magic bands, my free parking, my free extra hours and make me wake up early every day hoping a schedule comes together while paying more money for less food and more money for............." SAID NOBODY EVER

I am not insulting anyone, i am merely pointing out the facts and it seems to butt hurt the apologists, which you obviously the ring leader of

Ah, you uncovered my secret identity! Drats! Mr. Chapek will not be pleased with my performance. I suspect he'll have me fed to the sharks over at the Seas Pavilion for this. Oh well. It's been fun.

Gran Fiesta

Tried Genie+, it was awful and not worth the money. Been back twice since and did not purchase it either trip. If they brought back FastPass+ and charged me Genie+ prices, I'd probably buy it. It was simple: I get to pick 3 guaranteed rides for the day. None of this crap of sitting on my phone and realizing I can't actually ride anything worthwhile unless I book something 6 hours from now.
We are going in December and not planning on purchasing Genie+, I'm assuming you guys didn't have to wait for a long time in lines without Genie+ if you plan it right? I'm thinking that when we go we won't miss having Genie+ and the time spent looking at my phone trying to get a Lightening Lane I could use to enjoy my surroundings and enjoy the queues. Much better use of my time in my opinion because I don't want to look at my phone all day.

dreday3

Apologize in advance for such an elementary question, but - if we wanted to visit a park (we have reservation for) but arrive later in the day, can we still start making Genie + reservations every 2 hours for rides later in the day/night even though we aren't in park yet?

So do that while hanging out at pool and get a few rides booked for later in the day/evening - or do you have to be in the park and tap in the rides?

Jeff4272

Apologize in advance for such an elementary question, but - if we wanted to visit a park (we have reservation for) but arrive later in the day, can we still start making Genie + reservations every 2 hours even though we aren't in park yet?

Say we make a HM for 3 pm at noon, can we make another one for a different ride at 2 pm for maybe around 5pm before we arrive at park?
Yes......Its called stacking.........You still want to make your first one at 7am to maximize the amount you can get........Then you can make your second one 2 hours AFTER PARK OPENING and then every 2 hours after that

for eg: reservation is for MK

7am - LL selection for Splash Mtn at 2pm
9am - Park opens
11am - 2 hours after park open so eligible to make second selection
1pm - can now make third selection

ETA: The main problem is, you cannot choose your return time.........So if you are not going to park until 3pm, you might get a return time at 10am

There's a way to do this to ensure you get return times for after 2pm on your 7am Genie+ selection (since you cannot choose return times, just get next available)

You can make Genie+ selections at 7am for a park you want to hop to (which you obviously cannot go to until 2pm)................at 7am it will automatically give you return times for after 2pm if it is a park where you do not have a reservation for and then you make your second selection 2 hours after that park opening........Only caveat here is you HAVE to check into your first park.........

This is a good alternative if you cannot get a park pass to the park you want to go to but another one is available

ETA: No, you dont need to be in the park to make any selections

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

Apologize in advance for such an elementary question, but - if we wanted to visit a park (we have reservation for) but arrive later in the day, can we still start making Genie + reservations every 2 hours for rides later in the day/night even though we aren't in park yet?

So do that while hanging out at pool and get a few rides booked for later in the day/evening - or do you have to be in the park and tap in the rides?

You don't need to be in the park, so swim as long as you like.

dreday3

Yes......Its called stacking.........You still want to make your first one at 7am to maximize the amount you can get........Then you can make your second one 2 hours AFTER PARK OPENING and then every 2 hours after that

for eg: reservation is for MK

7am - LL selection for Splash Mtn at 2pm
9am - Park opens
11am - 2 hours after park open so eligible to make second selection
1pm - can now make third selection

Thanks! I reworded my post but you understood my first one anyways! :D

Thepuma

We are going in December and not planning on purchasing Genie+, I'm assuming you guys didn't have to wait for a long time in lines without Genie+ if you plan it right? I'm thinking that when we go we won't miss having Genie+ and the time spent looking at my phone trying to get a Lightening Lane I could use to enjoy my surroundings and enjoy the queues. Much better use of my time in my opinion because I don't want to look at my phone all day.
In Holiday Season you say?...without G+ and LL+ you say?

Err.... genuinely.... Dont bother going!! If you refuse G+ or LL+ at a very busy time of year then prepare yourself to get on about 5 rides all day..and a full day at that..park open to park close.

You say about all the time it takes getting G+ and LL+..and while yes it can be annoying..LL+ you can book when the park opens...and seeing as you can only buy 2 a day, you won't need to look for anymore through the day. Yes G+ will be slightly worse, bit let's be honest, by the time you've scanned into your 2nd G+ you'll be looking at evening for the 3rd G+

If you desperately don't want to do both then I'd recommend definitely doing two LL+...at least that way you're guaranteed 2 headliners..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom