Disney Genie, Genie+ officially introduced along with confirmed details of how it will work

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
What would happen if it couldn’t plan what you asked for? Because there’s no way in **** that Genie+ could do that for the number of guests they have.
If it’s coded right, it would try to plan what you ask for and if not plan what it can and ask you what you want in its place for things it can’t (different time or different attraction). With data and AI Disney should have ways to find solutions to this. Being as big of a company as they are and likely as much data as they collect, working some in the AIML world, there are scenarios they can figure out without releasing a disaster to the public.

Thepuma

Most families wouldn’t make it trying to do a 7am-11pm commando day like that haha but a lot try…feel like you have to with what you are spending

Yeah it was a long day...we were due to call it a day at 7pm but so many decent G+s were coming up every time we tapped into a ride...we couldn't turn them down..and it ended up being a marathon.

But yeah, most people..and especially families just wouldn't put themselves through that. My wife's fitbit showed we had walked 17 miles..and I can believe it...I could barely walk to our hotel room from the lobby.

pdude81

If it’s coded right, it would try to plan what you ask for and if not plan what it can and ask you what you want in its place for things it can’t (different time or different attraction). With data and AI Disney should have ways to find solutions to this. Being as big of a company as they are and likely as much data as they collect, working some in the AIML world, there are scenarios they can figure out without releasing a disaster to the public.

yeah right whatever GIF

JTH781

I don't like the changes Disney has made starting June 8th and will purchase Genie + before hand to avoid having to worry about staying up till midnight or having purchasing issues day of.

Ldno

honestly though I feel that I wouldn’t worry about Genie + selling out right at midnight, I mean it’s not as small as making a a Be our Guest reservation and Cinderella’s Royal Table or something.

mikejs78

Premium Member
honestly though I feel that I wouldn’t worry about Genie + selling out right at midnight, I mean it’s not as small as making a a Be our Guest reservation and Cinderella’s Royal Table or something.
We don't know how much they are going to be limiting it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I don't know why anyone would want a return to the days of running around like headless chickens!
Unrelated to any bigger points about the various glories of the new ride reservation system versus old, but there are more occasions of an over 35 version of me jogging to an attraction to get a paper FP accompanied by a CM popping up and shouting, "no running" than I can recall. Mostly, this happened when entering EPCOT through the international gateway as I made my way towards Soarin'.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Here's a plan to reduce wait times for everything but Kilimanjaro Safaris. No fastpass. No genie plus. No ILL. Whenever anyone enters a Disney theme park, regardless of where on the globe, they get a fastpass for Kilimanjaro Safaris. This would, of course, make the wait for KS a bit longer, but would greatly reduce the wait of all other rides. Picture, if you will, the crowds streaming out of Paris Disneyland trying to catch a flight to Orlando to make their KS time. So that groups with multiple layovers or that have to wait on a resort bus at Disney Springs have a chance, they can spread the fastpass reservation window over two or three days. The first window would open 5 minutes in the future. I thought about using times in the past, but that might lead to some complaints. However, it would encourage time machine innovation. If anyone could do it, Disney fans could!

ChrisM

It's almost as if they should just go to the $ILL for every ride. Scrap Genie+ in its entirety.

Regular lines would move and if you want to skip a line you have that option, for a fee.

I just don't see how they can make Genie+ work for the masses without charging more for it, like $50.

At that point, I'd rather pay for 2-3 rides and not need to reserve a time for HM or POTC. I think I'd come out ahead, Disney math speaking.

It's such an obvious solution that it makes me chuckle that it gets shot down immediately every time it's brought up as a possibility.

"No way! It would never work! People would be outraged! Disney brass won't even consider it!"

Disney brass has already spit the bit multiple times here. People are already outraged. And all paths probably end up at this solution anyway.

It's the most transparent, honest, and likely effective option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom