Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

pdude81

I think that will just devalue "Genie+". It's one thing if it's free, it's another if you are being charged to be forced to pick a Tier 2 show.
Fair, but we need some combination of devaluing, limiting, and/or price increase to make this viable. If people know they have a limited shot of getting Slinky Dog for 15 bucks and a few random other things, then perhaps fewer people would buy it.

Purduevian

Fair, but we need some combination of devaluing, limiting, and/or price increase to make this viable. If people know they have a limited shot of getting Slinky Dog for 15 bucks and a few random other things, then perhaps fewer people would buy it.
How does $20 for access to Tomorrowland speedway, Big Thunder, Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Small world, 7D, Space, Splash, Pirates, and Mermaid do. Oh also include Photopass and don't allow people to book until they are in the park.

pdude81

How does $20 for access to Tomorrowland speedway, Big Thunder, Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Small world, 7D, Space, Splash, Pirates, and Mermaid do. Oh also include Photopass and don't allow people to book until they are in the park.
Then ILL for everything else at $10 a pop, with priority going to hotel guests?

Jeff4272

I posted this yesterday and not one person gave me a reason why it wouldn't work for everyone

* a few specifics were edited

Honest opinions please.........I know its been suggested..........But hear this out and let me know what the flaws are here for both guests and WDW the company.........

1) A return to FP+ system, priced where acceptance is at the same or a bit less as Genie+ so I'm guessing about $69pp, per day

2) Company gets their revenue (likely higher than Genie+ do to higher pricing)

3) planners get their benefits back, resort guests get to book 3 tiered FP+ selections per day, 7 days in advance for length of trip and offer additional purchases to Deluxe guests for an additional fee (like old club level benefit)

4) then sell "day of" FP+ for $19pp.........plenty of availability left since FP+ purchase rate is low of original FP+ and company makes even more money and cost is much less so people dont feel taken advantage of

5) Standby lines should be shorter vs lower FP+ rates vs old system

Chip Chipperson

Honestly, the best compromise above all would be the old paper FP in digital form. Go and tap your phone/MagicBand/ticket at the attraction entrance and it registers the return time on your phone. You don't like the time, you don't tap.

But then wouldn't they have a physical line for the people trying to book their LL, a line for people using their LL, and a line for Standby? With how crowded the parks are, I'm not sure that standing in line for a chance to stand in a shorter line later would appeal to many guests.

natatomic

BINGO, Saturdays!
Always MOBBED and that is why WDW really does not want APers in WDW on the weekends..
That’s why I only ever bought the weekday only annual passes after I left the company! 🤣
Though I totally understand that not everyone is able to visit weekdays, what with school and work.

But truthfully, I don’t think Disney wants APs at ALL anymore. At least not until crowds die down due to gas prices, the impending recession, and the post-pandemic vacation dam breakage slowing. THEN Disney will come crawling on their proverbial hands and knees, begging us to come back.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I'm glad they cut the 180 days down to 60. I didn't hate booking dining at 180 days, but it was too far out and really only served to encourage people to book their trips no less than 6 months in advance. There obviously needs to be some degree of booking dining in advance (and I'd still like booking FP+/G+ selections in advance, too), but 60 days (+length of stay) is adequate.
what annoyed me most about the 180 days was most times park hours were not posted yet and it became a guessing game

Fido Chuckwagon

I think that is incorrect. It isn't free vs. not free. It is more that parkgoers have short attention spans.

FP+ had 2 parts:
a.) 3 pre-booked passes.
b.) booking additional passes later.

Many guests simply forgot about part b.) for a variety of reasons. Even many forum members here didn't make use of booking additional passes.

Often, if you want the public to do something....you have to repeat it 50 times before they listen, and even that isn't enough.

The long gap between booking the initial 3FP and booking FP #4 = many people forgot part b.)

But G+ is booked one pass at a time in the park. Park goers don't have that 3-pass association, nor do they have a 30+ day time gap.

Also, you didn't need to carry a cell phone in the parks to book FP #1-3. Booking FP#4= phone. Now though, booking more than 1 G+ = having a phone in the park.
Also, and perhaps most importantly, FP+ didn't have a 2 hour cooldown rule. If you made 3 fastpasses, and one of them was slinky dog dash at 7 pm, then you weren't pulling any new fastpasses until after 7 pm.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
as i just said it annoyed me bc most times park hours were not posted yet and you didnt know what would have say early hours etc or not.... other than that i agree it wasnt terrible and honestly if there were ressies i didnt get it be part of my morning routine on the bus heading to work lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom