Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

TimeTrip

RE: DAS, in a world where the uptake of Genie+ is low, wouldn't it be a possibility that Genie+ could get an earlier return time than the DAS Genie (?) would get? This assumes that the DAS Genie follows the "a return time as if you went into Standby" philosophy.

It seems like it would be a fairly rare case, but would mean DAS Genie and Genie+ aren't on equal footing.

spresso81

I think what bothers me the most is how this is another benefit taken away from Disney Hotel guests. Losing magical express, seeing resort entertainment taken away, paid parking and now having basically no advantage/perk for Fastpass/Genie + is awful.

I hope consumers are smart and see there is literally no advantage to staying a Disney hotel and paying 2-3x as much as you should for a hotel off-site. I have two very young children but after seeing the hotel rates increase so much plus losing most benefits I plan on taking less trips and staying off site in the next few years. I would rather stay at the Ritz Carlton in Bonnet Creek for what amounts to the Disney Moderate prices.

Being from the UK this is just adding to the already spiralling costs. FP+ was great and really enhanced my last two trips. As I am a teacher I was stuck to our school holidays so they were great during a peak period for no added cost. I feel I am over a barrel and will have no choice to pay going forward. I hope they come to a compromise and add Genie+ for UK Ultimate Tickets. Unless they do something like that I can see international visitor numbers dropping because of this, once Covid has settled and we're allowed in that is.
I agree with and I understand. We are from Europe and we have the same problem. My wife is a teacher too and I work as a lawyer. Our salary is normal but if we have to pay for FP+ and DDP so much money , we will decide if it's more value to visit other Disney Park such as Tokyo Disneyland. Bob is killing Disney World. My wife grew up there and I would like my future children know this wonderful place, but I think Bob will destroy it.

G00fyDad

I think what bothers me the most is how this is another benefit taken away from Disney Hotel guests. Losing magical express, seeing resort entertainment taken away, paid parking and now having basically no advantage/perk for Fastpass/Genie + is awful.

I hope consumers are smart and see there is literally no advantage to staying a Disney hotel and paying 2-3x as much as you should for a hotel off-site. I have two very young children but after seeing the hotel rates increase so much plus losing most benefits I plan on taking less trips and staying off site in the next few years. I would rather stay at the Ritz Carlton in Bonnet Creek for what amounts to the Disney Moderate prices.

At this point the only reason we are staying on-site is so that we can book our ADR's in advance. Also, we would have first crack at RotR LL purchase. (I think I threw up a little while typing that.)

jpinkc

Also you don't 'have to' get up at 7am to make a purchase for a Lightning Lane Pass ride that requires a seperate purchase. That is the earliest YOU CAN do it. Guess what, if you want to buy a Rise of The Resistance Lightning Lane Pass, you can still do it ANY TIME AFTER 7. If you are in your hotel, sleep in, wake up, go to the park, make your purchase then. You will still be able to. This is not complicated people. You don't have to do anything.

View attachment 580812
Thats not entirely true, depending on how many they will sell.

Rickcat96

Just a little humor- add your additions if you please (sign into genie to make sure your add-ons are not chargeable)

Lumiere:

Ma chere Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride
and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight.
Genie:
Please log onto your Genie plus account and pay $15.00 if you wish to continue
Lumiere:
And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up your
chair as the dining room proudly presents -
your dinner!
Genie:
log onto your Genie plus account where you will be prompted and pay the following choices:
Chair- $25.00. Stand-$23.99
Lumiere:
Be our guest! Be our guest!
Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie
And we'll provide the rest
Genie:
log onto your Genie plus account where you will be prompted and pay the following choices:
Napkin- $43.99, Use your sleave-$29.99, No napkin-$13.99
Lumiere:
Soup du jour’
Genie:
log onto your Genie plus account where you will be prompted to pay $59.99.
Lumiere:
Hot hors d'oeuvres
Genie:
Lumiere:
Why, we only live to serve
Genie:
log onto your Genie plus account where you will be prompted to pay $99.99.
Lumiere:
Try the grey stuff
Genie:
Chip:
It's delicious
Genie:
Thank You! Log into your Gene plus account and pay $24.99 and find out how this will lead to substantial commercial opportunities for us!
Lumiere:
Don't believe me? Ask the dishes
Genie:
China plate- $43.99, Paper plate-$29.99, Use your hands -$19.99
Lumiere:
They can sing, they can dance
After all, Miss, this is France
And a dinner here is never second best
Genie:
Singing and dance experience- $79.99, France encounter $25k, France via Epcot encounter $14k, second best service, all-inclusive-$999.99. (Please see upgrade for real butter-$23.99)
Lumiere:
Go on, unfold your menu
Take a glance and then you'll
Be our guest
Oui, our guest
Be our guest!
Genie:
Menu- $69.99, Verbal Menu- $59.99 (add $9.99 for each repeated item) Paper menu- $49.99, Take a guess to order something $29.99
Lumiere and Chorus:
Beef ragout, Genie: log onto your Genie plus account where you will be prompted to pay $159.99.
Cheese soufflé Genie: log onto your Genie plus account where you will be prompted to pay $159.99.
Pie and pudding "en flambe" Genie: log onto your Genie plus account where you will be prompted to pay $159.99. (add additional $29.99 for any flame experience’s)
Lumiere:
We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret!
Genie:
Chef does the cooking- $399.00, Line cook, experienced-$329.99, Random guest from park does the cooking-$299.99, You cook it yourself $298.99.
Lumiere:
You're alone
And you're scared
But the banquet's all prepared
Genie:
Someone to sit with you-$499.99, someone to comfort you-499.99.
Lumiere:
No one's gloomy or complaining
While the flatware's entertaining
We tell jokes! I do tricks
With my fellow candlesticks
Genie:
Equity silverware-$1999.99, Plasticware $1799.99, eat with your fingers $599.00.
Equity Jokes and tricks-$1999.99, No jokes and tricks- $999.00. (Please add $299.99 per each candlestick and $199.99 if you care to have them lighted)
Chorus:
And it's all in perfect taste
That you can bet-Genie $299.99 per bet
Come on and lift your glass-Genie: $299 for glass, $199 for plastic, $99.99 to use your hands.

You've won your own free pass-Genie-Sign into Virtual Q at 0530am limited spots, so be fast. Or select the paid option for $99.99
To be out guest
Lumiere:
If you're stressed-Genie: $299 for comforting, $399.00 for you to walk out.
It's fine dining we suggest -Genie:$1299.99 for fine dining, $1099.99 sit-down, $999.99 Quick service, go to Mickey Ds $899.99

Tonight you'll prop your feet up
But for now, let's eat up
Be our guest!
Be our guest!
Be our guest!
Please, be our guest!

Disney Analyst

They arent listening they shut down the comments section on the Disney Parks Blog yesterday.

Why would they? This was an expected reaction from those who follow Disney Parks on Twitter, or the blog. Josh full out said it in his interview, how the loyal fans sometimes have a hard time with change.

Everyone is acting like this pushback is new and unprecedented but seem to forget that Disneyland fans have gone nuts several times in the past, perhaps this is new for the WDW side?

I recall major major pushback when IASW had the character additions announced and when ToT was announced to close at DCA.

Then there was the whole save Disney campaign …

Missing20K

A much more accurate character!

“Hey there “guest name” it looks like you haven’t bought a snack recently... why don’t you stop by the churro cart and I’ll see if I can find you a fastpass for its a small world!”
“Did you enjoy Splash? Would you like the Genie to grant your party a LL for the Country Bear Jamboree just across the way?!?!!!!!!!!”

I guess I’m forced to have notifications applied to MDE app so I never miss a magical “wish” all vacation long if this gets implemented prior to my stay. So I’ll turn the work stuff off (that actually makes me $$$ to spend at DIS) so I can get notified about when I have the opportunity to spend more cash to avoid being frustrated while I’m on my thousands of $$$ vacation.

Now that is more family, more relevant, more timeless, and absolutely, unequivocally, way, way, way more Disney.

TimeTrip

If you find any rides available.
Well at least it appears you can get the reservation from the park you're leaving as opposed to having to make it all the way over to the ride in the park you're going to like in the legacy FP days. That should up the chances, especially if you can reserve before park hopping time, and do one or two more standby at the park you're in.

fractal

They used the wrong Genie

1107.jpg

Why would they? This was an expected reaction from those who follow Disney Parks on Twitter, or the blog. Josh full out said it in his interview, how the loyal fans sometimes have a hard time with change.

Everyone is acting like this pushback is new and unprecedented but seem to forget that Disneyland fans have gone nuts several times in the past, perhaps this is new for the WDW side?

I recall major major pushback when IASW had the character additions announced and when ToT was announced to close at DCA.

Then there was the whole save Disney campaign …
I think they need an expert in public relations to know the opinions of Disney Fans. Maybe, it is better to improve merchandising instead of pricing FP+. However,this would be a clever action taking into the account the audience . Right now, they are ignoring us

KBLovedDisney

Just a little humor- add your additions if you please (sign into genie to make sure your add-ons are not chargeable)

Lumiere:

Ma chere Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride
and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight.
Genie:
Please log onto your Genie plus account and pay $15.00 if you wish to continue
Lumiere:
And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up your
chair as the dining room proudly presents -
your dinner!
Genie:
Chair- $25.00. Stand-$23.99
Lumiere:
Be our guest! Be our guest!
Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie
And we'll provide the rest
Genie:
Napkin- $43.99, Use your sleave-$29.99, No napkin-$13.99
Lumiere:
Soup du jour’
Genie:
Lumiere:
Hot hors d'oeuvres
Genie:
Lumiere:
Why, we only live to serve
Genie:
Lumiere:
Try the grey stuff
Genie:
Chip:
It's delicious
Genie:
Thank You! Log into your Gene plus account and pay $24.99 and find out how this will lead to substantial commercial opportunities for us!
Lumiere:
Don't believe me? Ask the dishes
Genie:
China plate- $43.99, Paper plate-$29.99, Use your hands -$19.99
Lumiere:
They can sing, they can dance
After all, Miss, this is France
And a dinner here is never second best
Genie:
Singing and dance experience- $79.99, France encounter $25k, France via Epcot encounter $14k, second best service, all-inclusive-$999.99. (Please see upgrade for real butter-$23.99)
Lumiere:
Go on, unfold your menu
Take a glance and then you'll
Be our guest
Oui, our guest
Be our guest!
Genie:
Menu- $69.99, Verbal Menu- $59.99 (add $9.99 for each repeated item) Paper menu- $49.99, Take a guess to order something $29.99
Lumiere and Chorus:
Beef ragout, Genie: log onto your Genie plus account where you will be prompted to pay $159.99.
Cheese soufflé Genie: log onto your Genie plus account where you will be prompted to pay $159.99.
Pie and pudding "en flambe" Genie: log onto your Genie plus account where you will be prompted to pay $159.99. (add additional $29.99 for any flame experience’s)
Lumiere:
We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret!
Genie:
Chef does the cooking- $399.00, Line cook, experienced-$329.99, Random guest from park does the cooking-$299.99, You cook it yourself $298.99.
Lumiere:
You're alone
And you're scared
But the banquet's all prepared
Genie:
Someone to sit with you-$499.99, someone to comfort you-499.99.
Lumiere:
No one's gloomy or complaining
While the flatware's entertaining
We tell jokes! I do tricks
With my fellow candlesticks
Genie:
Equity silverware-$1999.99, Plasticware $1799.99, eat with your fingers $599.00.
Equity Jokes and tricks-$1999.99, No jokes and tricks- $999.00. (Please add $299.99 per each candlestick and $199.99 if you care to have them lighted)
Chorus:
And it's all in perfect taste
That you can bet-Genie $299.99 per bet
Come on and lift your glass-Genie: $299 for glass, $199 for plastic, $99.99 to use your hands.

You've won your own free pass-Genie-Sign into Virtual Q at 0530am limited spots, so be fast. Or select the paid option for $99.99
To be out guest
Lumiere:
If you're stressed-Genie: $299 for comforting, $399.00 for you to walk out.
It's fine dining we suggest -Genie:$1299.99 for fine dining, $1099.99 sit-down, $999.99 Quick service, go to Mickey Ds $899.99

Tonight you'll prop your feet up
But for now, let's eat up
Be our guest!
Be our guest!
Be our guest!
Please, be our guest!
Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know why they are not listening to the audience. Do they have an expert in public relations? It would be interesting that they would research about the audience before doing this. Anyway, Genie+ is going to kill Disney World and Disneyland
I think the point is they ARE listening to their audience

the collective audience has no self control…and haven’t since the WW2 generation went.

they are selling out eride nights with Halloween decorations at $150 a pop 10 weeks before the fall starts…

if you’re Disney…there’s almost no way to misinterpret that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom