Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

CaptinEO

They simply do not have the ride capacity to offer something like this. There is a reason that the VIP tours cost 20 times as much as your pricing.
And you're claiming they have the ride capacity for a million people buying 20 dollar skip the line tickets?

The VIP group cost is inline with the pricing I put in when you factor a full group of people.

When you up the price on these the amount of users will go down significantly and you probably only get super rich or people short on time who end up getting the skip the line passes.

Now its practically a requirement and leads to dissatisfaction.

Fido Chuckwagon

And you're claiming they have the ride capacity for a million people buying 20 dollar skip the line tickets?

The VIP group cost is inline with the pricing I put in when you factor a full group of people.

When you up the price on these the amount of users will go down significantly and you probably only get super rich or people short on time who end up getting the skip the line passes.

Now its practically a requirement and leads to dissatisfaction.
They don’t have the ride capacity for a 20 dollar skip the line ticket. I never claimed they do. That’s why all they can offer is this sandwich middle ground of pay $20 and maybe schedule a ride or two without lines, but no guarantees, and that ride might be Dumbo.

CaptinEO

They don’t have the ride capacity for a 20 dollar skip the line ticket. I never claimed they do. That’s why all they can offer is this **** sandwich middle ground of pay $20 and maybe schedule a ride or two without lines, but no guarantees, and that ride might be Dumbo.
Yeah it's definitely a mess. Maybe the solution is to only offer a ride each thing once per day upcharge ticket.

CaptinEO

The funny thing is that a skip the line pass isn't rocket science.

Plenty of parks offer it, yet Disney is the only one that complicates it and messes it up.

For some reason Disney charged a bottom of the barrel price which just led to angering their users since it's oversold.

Disney Glimpses

What does the bolded refer to? I considered myself pretty adept at using FP+, but I don’t know what you mean here.
Sorry my use of the term "single rider" was probably confusing there.

But precisely what @Fido Chuckwagon said - It's a lot easier to find 3 single person FP+ reservations for pirates (8:00-9:00, 8:15-9:15, 7:45-8:45) and simply go during 8:15 and 8:45 than find a reservation with all 3 at once. This also applies to Genie+ by the way.

G00fyDad

Disney is "fishing" with this G$ garbage. They couldn't go from free to $100 per person per day because people would have **** themselves and it would have been DOA. However, if you bring it back and charge $15 per person per day and every year or so double the price then they will keep buying and buying. Next year they'll raise the cost to $30 pp pd and then a couple of years later it will be $60 pp pd and then a couple of years later it will be $120 pp pd and then a couple of years later .......

Art Fire GIF

Johnny D

So let me get this straight. Disney wants me, a guest who has been at the parks all day enjoying himself and is now exhausted, to stay up until midnight to purchase Genie plus, then they want me to wake up at 7 am to make reservations for the Genie Plus Lightning Lane rides to potentially use it for 2-3 rides? Whomever is in charge (Chapek) must be sadistic. Like really, what the heck?

Jeff4272

I don't care about buying day of, but I can't even imagine paying all that money to stay at a deluxe resort, on PROPERTY, logging in with everyone else to try and get Genie + and finding out it's sold out. Even I would be mad at that and I'm pretty even keel.
So if they went back to FP+ Exactly as it was before and charged $50 pp for it wouldn’t it be better?

Less than half the people that used it before would use it because of the cost. This would free up standby lines and FP+.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So let me get this straight. Disney wants me, a guest who has been at the parks all day enjoying himself and is now exhausted, to stay up until midnight to purchase Genie plus, then they want me to wake up at 7 am to make reservations for the Genie Plus Lightning Lane rides to potentially use it for 2-3 rides? Whomever is in charge (Chapek) must be sadistic. Like really, what the heck?
But it’s so magical

dreday3

So if they went back to FP+ Exactly as it was before and charged $50 pp for it wouldn’t it be better?

Less than half the people that used it before would use it because of the cost. This would free up standby lines and FP+.

I'd prefer paying a flat fee per ticket as a "front of line pass" for one ride on each ride, anytime of the day.
Yes it would be expensive, we wouldn't do it for every park day, but we'd pay once for at least a couple parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom