Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Po'Rich

From our experience, this is a downgrade from FP+. Take the $15 per person out of the equation, it still is an inferior product. First problem is they have taken the “top” rides out of the normal FP pool. Second, they do these weird drops throughout the day. So you have to figure out the drop times of each ride. Third, just because you see and select something doesn’t mean you will get it. Super frustrating to select a LL at 9am and see that slide all the way to 9 pm by the time you get done booking it. Fourth, changing a LL is a risky proposition. Fifth, good luck getting a decent touring plan. We walked more zig zagging the park using g+ the we did with legacy FP. And now, somehow, the standby lines seem longer.

One thing better is the actual wait times of the LL ARE far less than what it was with FP+.
I agree. While I don't like the nickel-and-diming that comes with Genie+, I'm really more upset over the inability to pre-plan. It'll end up making my day more stressful (rather than less). With FP+, I could take time to weigh the options. Then, when we were at the parks, we just worked the plan.

Rickcat96

1650298364405.png

mikejs78

Premium Member
"Didn't get the LL time you wanted at 7am? Just check your phone 472 times throughout the day!". Sorry, that's not a valid strategy.

I mean, I don't think it's a great strategy, but it can work. And I don't think it's 472 different times either - from what I've heard for most things you can refresh for about 5 minutes and get something. So at the end of the day it's your choice - refesh for 5 minutes maybe 10, or wait in line for 90.

Personally I choose the former. At the same time, I acknowledge that it's a pretty awful system, But it is what it is at the moment.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

"Didn't get the LL time you wanted at 7am? Just check your phone 472 times throughout the day!". Sorry, that's not a valid strategy.
Not for everyone (and I do fully hate this system) but I am going to be on my phone constantly all day anyway. Probably a lot more than just 472 times. Except in Galaxy's Edge. I am barely going to touch the phone while I am in there.

Disney4Lyfe

I mean, I don't think it's a great strategy, but it can work. And I don't think it's 472 different times either - from what I've heard for most things you can refresh for about 5 minutes and get something. So at the end of the day it's your choice - refesh for 5 minutes maybe 10, or wait in line for 90.

Personally I choose the former. At the same time, I acknowledge that it's a pretty awful system, But it is what it is at the moment.
What you’ve heard? So you have no experience?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom