Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

SingleRider

Question on 120 minute rule:

If I am Park hopping and at 7am I schedule my first genie plus selection for the park I am hopping to later. Does my 120 minute countdown start from the park I start at/park reservation or does my 120 minute countdown start at the park I am hopping to.

Scenario: At 7am I select a genie plus ride (test track) for 2pm at Epcot. The park I am starting my day at Animal Kingdom opens at 8am. The park I am hopping to Epcot opens at 10am. When can I make my next genie plus selection? Is it at 10am which is 120 minutes after Animal kingdom opens or is it at noon which is 120 minutes after Epcot opens.
Thank you
Noon - it’s 2 hours after the park you book your first LL pass in opens.

dreday3

Does anyone know if there will be an Unofficial Guide book released for 2023, updated with Genie stuff? I like to buy these before our trips.

Jeff4272

Another sign of WDW taking advantage of its customers (on top of all the other crap that's been talked about in this post) Add this to the penny pitching that management is doing while not caring about customer satisfaction numbers:

Look below and let me know if you can tell the difference..........

Heres the advertised look at the $17 lobster roll at Columbia Harbour House

1646674689844.png

and heres what they give you:

1646674719901.png

Disstevefan1

Another sign of WDW taking advantage of its customers (on top of all the other crap that's been talked about in this post) Add this to the penny pitching that management is doing while not caring about customer satisfaction numbers:

View attachment 625908

View attachment 625909
Bob Chapek would be proud!

Disstevefan1

View attachment 625908

View attachment 625909
A printout of the item detail would probably taste better than the actual offering too 🙁

nickys

Premium Member
In other words (to keep this mentally simple while at the parks), you can only make another reservation by tapping into an attraction IF and only if, the time you tap in, is less than 120 minutes from booking that attraction?

Example.
At 7am Book A for 3pm,
At 11am book B for 4pm,
At 1pm book C for 2pm,
After tapping into C, another attraction can be booked. But not after tapping into A or B.
I can’t get my head around your explanation. It doesn’t make sense to me…. which is why I like the one I quoted (which I apparently mis-attributed lol). So I’m not sure if it always hold true.

Your example is correct though.

Jeff4272

That's ridiculous and I hope that person actually stood there and asked for either more lobster or their money back! No way would I accept this sandwich for $17.
Keep paying at extra $500-$1500 for stupid Genie+ for rides that you already paid for with your ticket to get in.....

Chapek is a total joke right now......

Remember what he said on their earnings conf call.....People keep paying, so we keep cutting and profits have never been better.........

KEEP PAYING $17 FOR A TABLESPOON OF LOBSTER!

1646678203256.png

Rickcat96

Keep paying at extra $500-$1500 for stupid Genie+ for rides that you already paid for with your ticket to get in.....

Remember what he said on their earnings conf call.....People keep paying, so we keep cutting and profits have never been better.........

View attachment 625913
With the current energy costs rising higher than Florida July temps- it's gonna get worse. Travel will decline here very soon.

TikibirdLand

View attachment 625908

View attachment 625909
Wow! It's almost like you pasted the same picture twice. :rolleyes::depressed:
Hope you took it back. That meat should at least reach the end of the roll.

Purduevian

I can’t get my head around your explanation. It doesn’t make sense to me…. which is why I like the one I quoted (which I apparently mis-attributed lol). So I’m not sure if it always hold true.

Your example is correct though.
This was my G+ day with using a few of the rules. I think if you can understand all of this you are basically ready except for the 120 minutes from park opening (and even 1 outlier I rarely see talked about select experiences, so might be good to understand)
7:00am booked Splash Mountain for 9:25am
8:35am got an alert from MDE that my Splash Mountain LL would not be accommodated. Was given a "Lightning Lane- Select Experiences" good anytime after 9:25am. Good for any ride except Jungle Cruise, Pan, Space, or 7D. Immediately was able to book a 10:55am Space mountain
10:55am Tapped into Space, booked a 11:55am Pooh
11:55am Tapped into Pooh, booked a 12:00pm Tea Party
12:10pm Tapped into Tea Party, booked a 3:30pm Haunted Mansion
2:10pm 120 minute rule allowed me to book a 4:30pm Peter Pan
3:30pm Tapped into Haunted Mansion, was NOT able to book a new LL
4:10pm 120 minute rule allowed me to book a 5:45pm Little Mermaid
4:30PM tapped into Peter Pan, was NOT able to book a new LL
5:45pm tapped into Mermaid and was able to book a 6:20pm Buzz
6:30pm tapped into Buzz and was able to book an 8:00pm Jungle Cruise
8:30pm tapped into Jungle Cruise and could book a 8:45pm carpets
8:50pm Got stuck on Jungle Cruise, canceled carpets LL and was able to book a 9:20 Pirates
9:00pm after a boat broke down on Jungle Cruise, was given another select experience pass, was NOT able to book another LL
9:10pm tapped into Big Thunder (using Select Experiences pass), was NOT able to book another LL
9:20pm tapped into Pirates, in theory could have tried for another LL, but we did not
9:35pm tapped into Carpets utilizing second select experience, would NOT have been able to book another LL

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

View attachment 625913
Yeah I would have promptly brought that back to the counter.

CAV

View attachment 625913
This was a total error. There was supposed to be half that amount of (imitation) lobster meat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom