Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Casper Gutman

You may want to give reading comprehension a try. Not one time in this thread have I commented on or even mentioned capacity. So why would I be asked about it? Looks like your bath sponge is able to keep up better than you. LOL!
This thread is, ultimately, about crowd control. Replacing a classic, high-capacity omnimover with a slow-loading, 90 second thrill ride does not improve the ride situation for guests. It exacerbates it.

mightynine

You may want to give reading comprehension a try. Not one time in this thread have I commented on or even mentioned capacity. So why would I be asked about it? Looks like your bath sponge is able to keep up better than you. LOL!

I love reading. I’ve read your same response about 45 times.

You don’t have to respond to everything, LOL

Missing20K

How much has WDW increased capacity in recent years?
If they increased capacity, the entirety of it would be consumed by the massive new hordes of guests and the queue lengths would continue to remain the same in perpetuity. There is absolutely no way to decrease queue lengths except through innovative use of technology.

Am I doing this correctly?

Waters Back Side

When you really think about it Disney is hurting themselves with the after hours events and VIP in several aspects . Anyone willing to pay for them for the main purpose of getting on rides (not the other aspects like food/dessert, etc) will pay the 24 dollars per person (if that REALLY is the top price for a newly defined headliner). Esoecially if you are a resort guest..you can buy up to two of those headliner rides at 7am. 24 dollars is a lot better then spending the money it would cost per person for the after hours or VIP event. I know those Tours/events consist of more then rides but the rides(s) are the main thing included.

JusticeDisney

I love reading. I’ve read your same response about 45 times.

You don’t have to respond to everything, LOL
I’m responding to people who are responding to me. Maybe you should follow your own advice? Or did they catch that guy who held a gun to your head and forced you to reply to me? LMAO!

MrPromey

I never said they didn’t. You should take time to read what I actually posted.

You're arguing against a discussion on capacity. MMRR is a "new" attraction - great!

It replaces a larger capacity attraction that was considerably longer and was still filling up most days - not great.

The decision to "add" that new attraction at the expense of the existing one actually reduced capacity in the park.

It's not a hard concept.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t consider it a lot or not a lot. The post to which I was responding claimed Disney wasn’t adding any new attractions. I just pointed out how wrong that statement is. Nothing more and nothing less.
Maybe it’s the semantics that’s got the alert up…several of those things are not “adds”…they’re replacements…

and the reason we’ve had to ride
Ration for 8 years and now pay for ride ration is that construction has not come close to keeping pace?

JusticeDisney

You're arguing against a discussion on capacity. MMRR is a "new" attraction - great!

It replaces a larger capacity attraction that was considerably longer and was still filling up most days - not great.

The decision to "add" that new attraction at the expense of the existing one actually reduced capacity in the park.

It's not a hard concept.
Nope. That’s not what I was arguing at all.

Yup. And, of course, Uni is very cheap compared to Disney. You can get reservations at Portofino, Uni's beautiful top-line resort, for under $250, which is equivalent to - what? - the Caribbean Beach? Maybe even the All-Star?
Agreed. I love POR and WL, amongst others, but for my family of 5, it is hard to beat the Cabana Bay suites, and I love the post modern aesthetic of the hotel.

I'm a die hard for always staying on property, so I find myself trying to rationalize the new changes across the board.

DisneyDodo

Does anyone know how Disney plans to handle virtual queues with early entry? Will RotR and Rat be open for resort guests 30 minutes before the park opens? If so, will they allocate the first BGs to resort guests only? Or will they just allow anyone to book a pre-opening BG and then let those people in early?

Casper Gutman

Agreed. I love POR and WL, amongst others, but for my family of 5, it is hard to beat the Cabana Bay suites, and I love the post modern aesthetic of the hotel.

I'm a die hard for always staying on property, so I find myself trying to rationalize the new changes across the board.
Staying on property at Uni, thanks largely to the boat, now seems much more special to me then staying at WDW. DL still has that special feeling too.

sWANNISAX

I'm a DAS user due to having a garbage immune system that hulked out on my digestive system leaving me with a body that gives VERY little warning before I need to find a restroom. So what's Disney going to do if I have a better day than I expected, health wise? Sorry, ma'am you didn't sprint to a bathroom enough today, banned for life? Like do I mostly use DAS when traveling with friends? Yes. Do I mostly only bother with attractions when traveling with friends? Also yes. I live near the parks. If it's just me I'm likely camped out on a bench somewhere with a book enjoying the atmosphere. The only time I go on rides is when I have someone to share the experience with. This just added a new layer of stress for me.
Right with you. Similar issue here for why I have used DAs. I'm often there alone so having to run to a rest room is a huge problem when the line is long. How will they decide if I'm abusing the system?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom