Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JMcMahonEsq

Why would a resort guest have any advantage? SDD is on the Genie + tier and not an ILL. First Genie + ride can be selected at 7am for all guests in or off site.

However, SDD is a very high demand ride and quickly becomes unavailable. At 7am keep refreshing every few seconds until 7:20 ( and YES, 7:20 is accurate despite what others say). The ones who do not get it check from 7 to about 7:05 or 7:10 and give up. I saw availability every day of Thanksgiving week pop up for SDD until about 7:20. And some of the times were actually earlier ones like 1 or 2 pm. After about 7:20 you are completely out of luck. It is still not fun to have to do this at 7am on your vacation as opposed to the old FP + way, but if you have patience you'll get what you want. On New years week. I'll grab Genie + before I even buy Rise. Because from watching it all week, Rise had sporadic availability pop up until 730. You just have to be quick and ready and you have a shot at both. by 11 am though you probably will not have a lot to choose from.
On property guests get to make LL selections at 7am. Off property guests must wait until park opening, giving on site guests a 2-3 hour advantage

nickys

Premium Member
On property guests get to make LL selections at 7am. Off property guests must wait until park opening, giving on site guests a 2-3 hour advantage
That is only for the ILL rides, those that cost extra. SDD is not one of those rides, therefore onsite guests have no advantage to getting it.

matt9112

I was reading another blog that mentioned WDW is likely to make some changes to Genie+/ILL before the Christmas rush............

I absolutely despise Genie+/ILL, but I also understand that Genie+ is here to stay...........But there could def be some improvements made........To me, Genie+ has some fatal flaws that I would like to see changed

What are the chances that some of these changes are implemented? What are the +/- to making each of these changes?

1) eliminate having to get up pre 7am EVERY day
2) Stop having to have to be on your phone all day
3) Pick return times to avoid park hopping/dining overlaps
4) ability to pre book in some way/shape/form
5) change a Genie+ selection without having to cancel first
6) limit availability to avoid 30+ minute ILL lines

ETA:
7) Add different "drops" throughout the day so there is inventory available in the afternoon

They cant limit available at current price point....needs to be profit generator.

Thepuma

Call me crazy but the ability to book 3 attractions at the time of your choice 60 days out should be the paid service. The day of 7am free for all should be, well, free.
I suppose those that have paid extortionate, way overpriced Disney Hotel rooms may think they should be entitled to the 60 day FP choice free - considering they have paid 3 times the real value of their rooms like for like with non Disney resorts. And I'd say I think they should.

It's way too complicated and bothersome at the moment. It's 100 times worse than FP+ and way more expensive, for a far more inferior product.

Wendy Pleakley

7 am is a perfectly reasonable time. That's when people will be awake in order to have enough time to get ready and get to the parks in time for early entry,

I'm sure Disney didn't pick that time arbitrarily.

Wendy Pleakley

But not everyone wants to go to the parks early.

Respectfully disagree
Stressful 7ams are for commutes not vacations

It makes sense to me to schedule it for when the first wave of guests are awake and ready to go.

There's no time that's going to work for everyone. People who are slightly later risers should still be able to get decent Genie+ selections. More so at parks like MK with more capacity.

I don't see 7am as super stressful. It's not like the old days where the parks were open late. Most people can be in bed by 11pm making 7am a reasonable wake-up time.

If I prefer to sleep in I can't expect everyone else to wait around for Genie+ selections to open up per my preferences.

Wendy Pleakley

One can always get up at 7am, make their selection(s), and then stay in bed for a bit. That sounds better to me than the old days where you had to be in the park to start collecting coveted FastPasses.

In a way this benefits the late risers because they can still make selections remotely, regardless of when they get to the park.

For some people the 60 days in advance would be preferable, but again, there's no perfect approach that pleases everyone.

LittleBuford

It makes sense to me to schedule it for when the first wave of guests are awake and ready to go.

There's no time that's going to work for everyone. People who are slightly later risers should still be able to get decent Genie+ selections. More so at parks like MK with more capacity.

I don't see 7am as super stressful. It's not like the old days where the parks were open late. Most people can be in bed by 11pm making 7am a reasonable wake-up time.

If I prefer to sleep in I can't expect everyone else to wait around for Genie+ selections to open up per my preferences.
But by your definition, waking up at 9 would be sleeping in. What you’re saying doesn’t apply to me, because I do wake up super early at WDW, but I realise most visitors don’t. At least with FP+, everyone stood a chance of getting a few decent picks. This new system seems much less forgiving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom