Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

GimpYancIent

It could work that way. Disney wants to sell as many of these Genie+ upgrades so I am assuming they will attempt to make it more worthwhile. Less Genie+ users means more standby riders so it’s a win for anyone who doesn’t buy if it’s not real popular.
The concept is to avail the guests of one option (w maybe a variation or two) or nothing. Pay or be limited in your play.

SarahWI

I suspect everyone's mid morning stop will have it recommending Living with the Land and Country Bears Jamboree.
Hey! I’d ride living with the land all day if I could. Put me on my own boat with some cocktails, cheese, charcuterie and I’m set for the afternoon.

that said no cocktails enough in the world for the jamboree.

Andrew M

I apologize for not reading through all 40 pages, but now DAS and Genie + are essentially the same thing? So if we have someone with a disability in our party, it doesn't pay to get Genie+?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The concept is to avail the guests of one option (w maybe a variation or two) or nothing. Pay or be limited in your play.
Same as maxpass was at DLR except there’s no free paper fastpass option with this system and the top 2 rides at each park are excluded. There will still be standby lines for rides and some rides won’t be part of the system at all (similar to FP and FP+).

Crunchie9

Ok.

I currently have a Photopass booked for my trip to The World.
If I am purchasing the Genie+ and the lightening lane, is the photopass included in this package?

assuming it is included:
do I lose anything by not having the photopass perk individually?
If I lose nothing and it’s covered then hey I’m getting some value out of it.

it would save me a family of myself and my boy, 250 bucks which would cut the cost of my 10 day genie plus in half.

I just really want to budget for all this.

might be time to apply for a American currency credit card if we are having all these on site purchases….

Basil of Baker Street

Smuggler's Run, Rise of the Resistance, Runaway Railway, Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Tron, Cosmic Rewind, Ratatouille, Flight of Passage, Na'vi River Journey, Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy, Awesome Planet, Canada Far and Wide, Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along, Wondrous China, PLAY! Pavilion.

...or did you want me to go back more than 4 years?
Haha, I thought you were naming Tier 1 attractions till I got halfway though your list and I was..wait, what?

wutisgood

Smuggler's Run, Rise of the Resistance, Runaway Railway, Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Tron, Cosmic Rewind, Ratatouille, Flight of Passage, Na'vi River Journey, Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy, Awesome Planet, Canada Far and Wide, Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along, Wondrous China, PLAY! Pavilion.

...or did you want me to go back more than 4 years?
I think its fairly accepted that prices have greatly outpaced the amount of investment needed in ride capacity at the parks. The recent additions are still not nearly enough to make up for the lack of rides built the decade before especially considering that upgrades and replacements are not expansions in capacity.

Waters Back Side

This is assuming they keep the “one and 1/2 hours between passes rule” that MaxPass had. We need more clarification. Right now, since it doesn’t say anything about it, I’m going on the assumption that you can only hold one Lightning Lane pass at a time, regardless of time between passes. I hope I’m wrong and they follow MaxPass time rules. Otherwise you’ll have to make some tough choices between getting a late in the day pass for a coveted ride, or getting multiple passes for lower demand rides.

I'd take the coveted right 8 days a week. Would somebody actually not? I'd pick Smugglers run and pay for Slinky. I'd take my chance MMRR or another lightning pass was available 90 minutes later when booking reopens.

MrPromey

No Genie
  • Show up, get in standby lines

Genie
  • The app that will plan your day 'for free' by guiding you to your preferred attractions (standby lines) throughout the day.

Genie+$
  • Costs $15 per day per guest for day tickets.
  • Access to Lightning Lanes (LLs), which are available one at a time throughout the day.
  • Schedules your LLs like Maxpass in DL or the old paper passes.
  • Shows you the next available scheduling slot for a slew of rides and you pick one, and show up at the time.
  • Once you show up for your LL, you can pick your next LL scheduled slot.
  • All guests can schedule their first LL at 7a.
  • at DL, Genie+$ gives you Photopass. At WDW, it doesn't give you photopass, but you get augmented reality videos.

Genie+Lightning Lanes $elect Experience (LL$)
  • Buy up to two "fastpasses" for select rides, which are most likely the old Tier 1, but which ones will be in this list is not fully known.
  • Disney Resort Guests can purchase LL$ at 7a day-of. Non-resort-guests have to wait until they get into the park.

Virtual Queues
  • Don't know if they'll be under Genie or not.
  • RotR and Rat will have them.
  • If you miss the VG lottery:
    • These attractions could possibly wind up with standby lines on slow days, or,
    • if you buy Genie+$ for the day, then you may be able to buy a LL$ for it.

So simple. So easy. I don't understand all the confusion.

🤣 🤣 🤣

nickys

Premium Member
Genie+ will be $15/head/day... DAS will be free... so even if you only get Genie+ features... see the dots connecting?
I get that.

But what I envisage is that when using Genie+ you get a return time based on when the return time is for the latest LL issued, which will be less than the posted wait time - otherwise you wouldn’t bother really.

Whilst when using DAS the system then gives you a return time based on the posted wait time of the ride.

nickys

Premium Member
I guess I interpreted it as the 2 prebooked rides were free and the self booked times would be the Genie+ times not the standby times. If that is all free, it sounds like a greater provision to me not an equal one.
I assumed the subsequent return times would be based on the posted wait times, not the Genie+ times.

brettf22

Premium Member
I'd take the coveted right 8 days a week. Would somebody actually not? I'd pick Smugglers run and pay for Slinky. I'd take my chance MMRR or another lightning pass was available 90 minutes later when booking reopens.
That’s the thing. You’re assuming another pass will be available in 90 minutes. And that the Lightning Pass system will allow you to hold more than one pass, as long as 90 minutes has passed.

rk03221

It's pretty loony how tickets are effectively double per day at disney world. You can also stay at a ton of affordable places with public transit access and Tokyo in general is one of the best cities in the world. I'm sure for many people it is now cheaper to do there.
I mean, even before why wouldn’t you go there? Lol Tokyo is so much better than world

aaronml

This is assuming they keep the “one and 1/2 hours between passes rule” that MaxPass had. We need more clarification. Right now, since it doesn’t say anything about it, I’m going on the assumption that you can only hold one Lightning Lane pass at a time, regardless of time between passes. I hope I’m wrong and they follow MaxPass time rules. Otherwise you’ll have to make some tough choices between getting a late in the day pass for a coveted ride, or getting multiple passes for lower demand rides.
My understanding is that the Lightning Lane system is a brand new system, and is not built on top of the previous FP system (which was co-opted for ParkPass). As a result, it’s not surprising that they haven’t implemented this particular functionality in the new system yet (if they ever will).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom